• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'd say One Piece, but that's probably more of a summer break kind of series, given the amount of material that the series has. (though One Piece is seriously fantastic, if you haven't seen it - I've been reading the series for over ten years now, and it's never gone through a major dip in quality in my eyes - it's a ton of fun)

Death Note's short, but it's also pretty dark. (if the name alone wasn't enough indication of that) If you haven't seen One Punch Man or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, those are great, though JoJo can be quite gruesome at times.
Yeah, there's no wayI cak finish One Piece in this amount of time, unless you want me to die from lack of sleep watching it on 2x speed.

Also, anything lighterhearted? I feel like Death Note probably wouldn't be my thing.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here it is, the water type I was hinting at for awhile. There's a good reason I'm showing it today, as it takes on a vaguely American design. Here's Regional Piplup.
PokemonPiplup_Reigional.png

It's based on George Washington. I tried to think of more ways to bring that over, but other than the funny wig I'm stumped. I'd like feedback on both the illustation and the general concept. Don't hold back, I know it's bad. In the spoilers are more details.

PokemonPiplup_Reigional.png
#016 - Piplup (regional form).

Type: Fighting

Ability: Adrenaline (Blaze/Overgrowth/Torrent, but for fighting types). It's hidden ability is Victory Star (or Defiant, if we don't want to steal Victini's thing)

Pokedex Entry 1: The Piplup of (region) are immensely fierce fighters. There is never an opponent so strong they can't make a comeback against.

Pokedex Entry 2: something something honest, something something Cherrim tree.

Evolution: Prinplup, at level 16
As for the grass type... I don't quite have a solid idea for it yet. It'll be awhile.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah, there's no wayI cak finish One Piece in this amount of time, unless you want me to die from lack of sleep watching it on 2x speed.

Also, anything lighterhearted? I feel like Death Note probably wouldn't be my thing.
There's Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, though the series' sense of humour isn't for everyone, and I'm not sure how commonly-available the series is. One relatively obscure series is Busou Renkin - it's by the author of Rurouni Kenshin, and I enjoyed it enough to get all ten manga volumes. (though one character, Papillon, can be overly flamboyant at times, to say the least)

Admittedly, my preferences for anime are fairly narrow - it's roughly 90% action series from Shonen Jump.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So probably just an alt skin then. There’s not enough to make them like, separate characters
I didn't say that I wanted him as an alternate character; I wanted his design in a hypothetical TvC2 to be updated to reflect his appearance in Sins.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There's Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, though the series' sense of humour isn't for everyone, and I'm not sure how commonly-available the series is. One relatively obscure series is Busou Renkin - it's by the author of Rurouni Kenshin, and I enjoyed it enough to get all ten manga volumes. (though one character, Papillon, can be overly flamboyant at times, to say the least)

Admittedly, my preferences for anime are fairly narrow - it's roughly 90% action series from Shonen Jump.
I know Bobo-whatever was on Cartoom Network for a while.

I vaguely remember that show, though I'm sure it was just a drug trip I had.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, I made my choice:
I'm watching One Punch Man first
Gurren Langan or whatever it was called next, but on my own time since it's less than 30 episodes.
And I'll try FMA over Winter Break since its longer than both of those.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey everyone, I'm back! Went to a family member's house for Thanksgiving dinner, what's been going on?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Real talk though, I have no idea who would play me in a movie. There are so many actors nowadays, and I can't keep up with them all.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Of all the movies that I've heard about but tried to forget, why am I suddenly remembering "Baby Geniuses"?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Planning to pick up LEGO City Undercover on Switch.

I LOVED the Wii U version to death and being $9 is a steal.

Plan to get at least one more game from Black Friday eShop sale (not sure what yet).

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
If I had someone play real life me in a movie, I would want it to be David Tennant. He's defo taller than I am, but he can pull off the look alright. Now he's just gotta work on a mid-Atlantic accent lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like I'd be the only one saddened to see Rex left out again lol.
"So, I've gotten many complaints about Mai not being for Smash. I said it was for good boys and girls, but none of you guys listened. So here, have Pyra. Uncensored for you not so good boys and girls. However, we rushed her to please you guys, so we delegated Rex to be another Mii Costume.

Never ask me for anything ever again."

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
If I really had to choose an actor for me it'd probably be Johnny Galecki, he can pull off nerdy white guy look that I have https://www.google.com/search?q=leo...CA0QAw&biw=1366&bih=625#imgrc=tfqUNLesGciOqM:
only issue is he's way too short to be me.
Hey everyone, I'm back! Went to a family member's house for Thanksgiving dinner, what's been going on?
I made and ate a ton of food and then watched detective pikachu. It's been pretty quiet around here today, though.

PF9

Smash Lord
What's the hottest music performance simulator (games like Guitar Hero) nowadays?

I'd like an entry in that series for the Switch in which all the tracks are the rock-based tracks in Smash.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Looks great!

"So, I've gotten many complaints about Mai not being for Smash. I said it was for good boys and girls, but none of you guys listened. So here, have Pyra. Uncensored for you not so good boys and girls. However, we rushed her to please you guys, so we delegated Rex to be another Mii Costume.

Never ask me for anything ever again."
Oof.

And F for best girl Mythra, I guess.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And now, I'm at Max Rank in Battle Tower Doubles. So, I essentially aced the Battle Tower, now.

Tomorrow, I'm probably buying Diablo 3 because it will be on sale, so... Might take a break from Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

And now, I'm at Max Rank in Battle Tower Doubles. So, I essentially aced the Battle Tower, now.

Tomorrow, I'm probably buying Diablo 3 because it will be on sale, so... Might take a break from Pokemon.
evertime i see your signature i swear i just

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom