• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
5f146c95b0301e883880d373c39864ae.jpg

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion Gen 3 has the best overalls starters. If I made a list of my top 100 favorite Pokemon, Gen 3 is the only generation where all 3 starters make the list.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i got luigi's mansion 3, and my friend got astral chain

im going really quick in game progress for LM3, i didn't expect to already be on the 9th floor by the 2nd day of playing

ive been watching astral chain from the sidelines and my god, a lot of stuff in the plot can be prevented if your main guy chooses to move instead of standing there flabbergasted

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What is your everyone’s favorite generation of Pokémon? Mine is Generation 2.
I don’t know enough about what Pokémon come from which gen to comment tbh.
I will say that I've noticed a trend with the last couple sets of starters, they build up features, and then swap them out with unrelated features in the final evolutions.

Froakie line going from bubble scarf to tongue scarf, Chespin line suddenly dropping brown for beige, Popplio going from clown to mermaid? Torracat dropping elegant cat features for whatever you would call that Tony the Tiger freak, and then these new ones.

It's like they made a bunch of separate Pokemon and then tweaked the bare minimum of the designs to mash them together.
Probably my only criticism of the designs that go beyond me just not liking them.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
What is your everyone’s favorite generation of Pokémon? Mine is Generation 2.
Generation 4 here. It gave us loads of cool new evolutions to old Pokemon, and I still wish Game Freak would do that more. Also the music is great.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
SneakyLink SneakyLink Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @Hat N' Clogs @Noipoi Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth @Guh-Huzzah! @Opossum SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 TheCJBrine TheCJBrine @PeridotGX @Wademan94 @DerpingPikachu

I can either start this tonight, right now, or I can start it when I have some spare time tomorrow, but either way...IT IS DONE:

District 1
Asha
Dorothy Gale
Otto Matic
SneakyLink

District 2
Mr. Bean
Dr. Doofenshmirtz
Espurr
Judy Hopps

District 3
Danny Devito
Muscle Man
A sentient cucumber
Steven Stamkos

District 4
Sobble
Impdimp
Spinel
David S Pumpkins

District 5
PeridotGX
Cool Typhlosion
Bismuth
Chill Penguin

District 6
Jevil
Porky Minch
Sans in Ness's Clothing
King Boo

District 7
Greg Proops
Ryu From Streets
Tom Fawkes
Mr. Ed

District 8
Peter Venkman
Ray Stantz
Egon Spengler
Winston Zeddemore

District 9
Chewbacca
Bayonetta
Morgan Freeman
Scooby Doo

District 10
Silque
Wacky Waving Tube Man
Klefki
Figment and Dreamfinder

District 11
Fulgore
Psycho Red
Blood Falcon
Metal Mario

District 12
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Morgana
Guh-Huzzah

No custom events this time, my apologies for that. This still oughta be fun.
Feel free to start now, imo~

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know..... I’m so disappointed with the new Pokémon in this dex..... I almost wish there was no hype or speculation about it. Like, we found out about the game on launch day and we were thus just automatically exposed to every new Pokémon with no buildup. Because I guarantee you, if I was just looking at the dex and saw these Pokémon as pre-existing ones, I wouldn’t have cared. I’d have just shrugged them off. But it was the hype and buildup, the months of hoping for something only to be given the exact opposite, that caused me to be disappointed. Does this make any sense?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
there's a frickin Grotesque Steve for Smash twitter account.

Frickin trolls bothering Steve fans and other people.

One day Steve will get in and that render will burn, or we can get memes of real Steve and Banjo beating it up. Yes, the users of that render harass actual Steve fans and I wouldn't be surprised if the harasser who got SteveForSmash's original account suspended was one of them.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm not disappointed at all. I seriously don't get how people can hate every single 'mon that Game Freak puts out.

Like, these aren't that bad at all. This happens with EVERY gen, too.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Gen 6 is probably my least favorite just based on the Pokemon themselves. Theres only 8 Pokemon that I actually like.
gen 6 introduced some of my all time favs

Pokemon like Greninja, Meowstic, Sylveon, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Xerneas, Zygarde, Goodra, Hawlucha, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant. all solid mons imo.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
gen 6 introduced some of my all time favs

Pokemon like Greninja, Meowstic, Sylveon, Aegislash ,Tyrantrum, Xerneas, Zygarde, Goodra, Hawlucha, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant. all solid mons imo.
Well, Goodra is mostly solid; a good portion of it is liquid.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah, I'm calling fake on the

Extended Pokedex.

While it's unknown if you get Eternus in the main story, I'd say 50/50, if the person who took that screenshot did and did presumably beat the game, then that's it. 400+Mythicals.

Now of course, Eternus could be a mandatory catch, but considering the ONLY supporting evidence for this "Extended Pokedex" are unsubstantiaded 4chan claims, I am VERY doubtful of its existence.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Well they do have the same VA assuming this is the Guilty Gear May.
That's why I made the comparison.

For those who want a look at the Guilty Gear 2020 stuff. Here it is.

*video*

It's Chipp and Potemkin. I imagine many of the characters from Xrd will be making it back, but we know of at least one newer character anyhow.
Finally some themes other than Smell of The Game. This game continues to look gorgeous.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
To be honest, I grew up on multiple games that had less than 400 Pokemon, and enjoyed them. I can live with just 400.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
8d4.png

So this will be joining the ranks of these?

250px-Gen_VII_Pseudo_Legendary_Artwork.png

Guess that makes sense. Seems Dragon types usually get that title.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
But yeah, I'm calling fake on the

Extended Pokedex.

While it's unknown if you get Eternus in the main story, I'd say 50/50, if the person who took that screenshot did and did presumably beat the game, then that's it. 400+Mythicals.

Now of course, Eternus could be a mandatory catch, but considering the ONLY supporting evidence for this "Extended Pokedex" are unsubstantiaded 4chan claims, I am VERY doubtful of its existence.
I can't say whether or not we'll get 632, but I'm fairly confident we'll see more than 400.

The official regional Dex guidebook for SwSh has 480 pages.

Using past Regional Dex guidebooks as a reference, each page usually has 1-2 Pokemon. Megas got their own page, so I'll assume Gigantamax forms will as well. And then there's the additional pages required for the index, introduction, etc., which should take up 20-30 pages if this is strictly for the Dex.

Basically, in order to use up all 480 pages, each page would require no more than one of the 400 Pokemon, on top of Gigantamaxes and additional pages making up the other 80 pages. It's possible, but also very unlikely. Even the National Dex for USUM was about 90 pages shy (720) of the 807 Pokemon that existed at the time.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
EIe4Z6QWkAMfs-P.jpeg

So this boy is allegedly called Electox.

IMO one of the coolest designs, too. Good on ya.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently, you have a chance to get Dry Bowser instead of Bowser or Peach as your second driver in Mario Kart Tour. I’m guessing Peachette too, as his counterpart? I don’t know, only got Dry Bowser.

Woah, I’m learning...nothing useful in my King Boo grind, but cool nonetheless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom