• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Diamond and Pearl remakes would also be more than welcomed. They're overdue, imo. I'm definitely invested in them on a personal level since Gen 4 was my first time playing a Pokemon game. Plus, it introduced a few of my favorites, including my #1 (Luxray).

Another one I'd wholeheartedly welcome is another Wind Waker-styled Zelda game. They had plans for it, IIRC, but the game's initial fan reception resulted in them going in the direction Twilight Princess ultimately did instead.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all apparently thought Storm Area 51 would only be it. Apparently an new event will be occurring.

Storm Loch Ness.

Yes you heard right. What's next? Storm White House? :glare:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What's one game that they could announce and release for 2020 that would make it the best year ever for you?
Quest 64 Remade, of course. With the tons of changes from the updated versions. Like the most basic of readable signs. I'm not sure if you can keep the charm by adding a Monetary system, since it actually does make the game more interesting with how the enemy drops work. Working for your wins instead of being randomly handed out via treasure chests can be a fun challenge too. Or just grinding cash and buying hundreds of items removes any real challenge. At worst you might get lost(speaking of, in-game maps are a necessity. How to implement them is harder to say, though...).

I'd also love a remake of Sonic 06, namely fixing the bugs/glitches. I can't think of a way to fix the story and still keep the general gist of it.

D

Deleted member

What's one game that they could announce and release for 2020 that would make it the best year ever for you?
Half-Life 3 Bloodborne 2. Bloodborne is one of my favorite games of all time and FromSoft has yet to make anything close to it IMO. I loved Sekiro, but it doesn't have the same replay value and combat variety is severely limited, Dark Souls 3 was just more Dark Souls, and while Elden Ring's Norse mythology theme really strikes a chord with me we still don't know the story or how it plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Best not to tempt fate, cause I can see that happening for different reasons compared to Area 51 and Loch Ness.
I'm actually kinda surprised that wasn't the next chosen event tbh. That or maybe these people who signed up for the previous storm actually have a brain knowing enough that was suicide compared to Area 51.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Nintendo needs to stop bringing ideas around for one game and then just ditching them.

Now you tell me which series I'm talking about.
I somewhat agree with you, but on the flipside, most of the games that have this problem tend to be either
A) Really old(Paper Mario)
B) Yearly releases(Pokemon)
or both(Mario, although not yearly, they still seem to have a strict schedule on when they have to release)

<content redacted>

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm actually kinda surprised that wasn't the next chosen event tbh. That or maybe these people who signed up for the previous storm actually have a brain knowing enough that was suicide compared to Area 51.
You realize there's no actual difference between attempting to storm Area 51 and storming the White House, right? They both end with you being bombarded with hundreds of bullets.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually, I'm 99% sure that storming the White House is easier than Storming Area 51.

One's actually on display for the entire public.

Except Bigfoot isn't only exclusive to one spot. He's been spotted all over North America.
Ok fine, then we storm every single forest, shred it to it's last atom until we find Bigfoot.

MILLENNIALS AND GEN Z, ASSEMBLE.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You realize there's no actual difference between attempting to storm Area 51 and storming the White House, right? They both end with you being bombarded with hundreds of bullets.
Well it was the way Professor Pumpkaboo made it sound seem like it was more secretive.

D

Deleted member

Did they even FIND Area 51? :yoshi:
Technically yes, but if the military knew what they were doing, Area 51 wouldn't be Area 51, but rather a decoy for Area 51.
Makes sense, yes?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. If we ever get a Banjo-KazooThree, I want the wrench back from Nuts and Bolts. This thing could, theoretically, be used for so many potential environmental interactions. Building all kinds of things besides just vehicles. Incorporate it into the traditional platforming style and it could be great.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Okay. If we ever get a Banjo-KazooThree, I want the wrench back from Nuts and Bolts. This thing could, theoretically, be used for so many potential environmental interactions. Building all kinds of things besides just vehicles. Incorporate it into the traditional platforming style and it could be great.
No.

Forget that Nuts and Bolts existed and retcon it. Takes place after Tooie where the events of that game never happened and we get the actual Threeie everyone's wanted.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So basically like a 3D Iconoclasts.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No.

Forget that Nuts and Bolts existed and retcon it. Takes place after Tooie where the events of that game never happened and we get the actual Threeie everyone's wanted.
You can’t just retcon away everything you don’t like. The way I see it, you can either run from the past, or learn from it. There are plenty of ways to reference that title, and both pay homage and lampoon it. Pretending it didn’t exist is taking the cowards way out, and not the kind of thing Rare would do. Classic Rare would acknowledge Nuts and Bolts and make fun of it, while taking the tiny few elements that worked.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So basically like a 3D Iconoclasts.
I don’t know what that is.

And it wouldn’t be the only challenge in the game. It would be mixed in with plenty of classic Banjo-style gameplay. Heck. It would probably just be collecting mechanical parts in the overworld (Nuts and Bolts, if you will) and then taking them to a specific spot on the map and building something to get a jiggy or just change the environment.

That's exactly what they did with the Christopher Reeve Superman movies :yoshi:
Didn’t that movie still turn out trash?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You can’t just retcon away everything you don’t like. The way I see it, you can either run from the past, or learn from it. There are plenty of ways to reference that title, and both pay homage and lampoon it. Pretending it didn’t exist is taking the cowards way out, and not the kind of thing Rare would do. Classic Rare would acknowledge Nuts and Bolts and make fun of it, while taking the tiny few elements that worked.
Okay Rafiki I see you

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No.

I’m pretty sure Nuts and Bolts isn’t really a canon extension either way. I always thought it was it’s own thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey everyone. What’s up?
Not much. I'm now helping with a Smash fangame(SSB Universe). I mean, I was there since the second Discord... and maybe before, but I was very inactive. Somehow I was still a Mod there(I did help build the literal server, mind you). Other than that, same old same old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom