• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
SPIRITUALLY No More Heroes is Nintendo exclusive. The one time it broke away from that was to implement Sony's own motion control gimmick, which likely won't happen again soon... :yoshi:
First time i've heard someone call something spiritually exclusive. Yowza

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
eh, i'd say NMH is a nintendo exclusive if people are gonna shill bayonetta as one now

or maybe im going crazy because its 5 AM and i havent slept but i have class in 3 hours

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Found this on Facebook. I’d be content with this outcome.

View attachment 237561
Really all it’s missing is Geno.
Personal ratings for this would be...

Season 1: 8.5/10, Joker is fantastic, Hero's fine, Banjo & Kazooie is an amazing pipe dream Never Ever, Terry is OKAY, Hayabusa is pretty rad.

Banjo & Kazooie (S+)
Joker (A-)
Hayabusa (B)
Hero (C+)
Terry (C)

Season 2: 7/10, Doom Slayer is cool, Travis would be hilarious, Sora would be one of those gamechanging Smash inclusions but I only played KH1, Heihachi's nice for having another villain, and 2B is alright (I'd finally play Automata if she got in).

Sora (B)
Doom Slayer (B-)
Travis (B-)
2B (B-)
Heihachi (C+)

Season 3: 8/10, Dante would be a dream pick, Reimu would be out of left field but also neat, Crash is a no brainer, Saber does absolutely nothing for me, and Sol Badguy is by far the coolest default fighting game mascot in all of fighting games.

Crash Bandicoot (B+)
Dante (B+)
Reimu (B-)
Sol Badguy (B-)
Saber (C-)

I'd be really happy if this was the DLC, season 2 would be sort of the bump in the road (good but not great for me), but season 1 and 3 would be fantastic. I would definitely drop $75 to have all of these characters.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
eh, i'd say NMH is a nintendo exclusive if people are gonna shill bayonetta as one now

or maybe im going crazy because its 5 AM and i havent slept but i have class in 3 hours
Bayonetta's situation is a bit different since 2 wouldn't have happened without nintendo.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My ideal Season 2 would be:
1. Sora (Disney/Square Enix)
2. Dante (Capcom)
3. Crash (Activision)
4. Agumon (Bandai Namco)
5. Geno (Square Enix)

Shout outs to Bomberman, would love to see him get out of Assist Trophy Hell, but if that happens, it'll likely be Waluigi. While I didn't think a Bandai Namco character was likely, with a second pass--who knows. Though, Lloyd would likely be a top fan pick, if they went in that direction. I'm fine with Square double dipping, especially since Disney primarily owns Sora. And with Microsoft--given Sakurai's comments in the video, I'm curious how the actual business relationship was like; may not have been as warm and fuzzy as portrayed. So, I find myself being more skeptical of a second Microsoft character than I was previously. There also may be a lot more first party characters--my picks would be Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee, though it would likely be newer characters from Pokemon/Fire Emblem. And, of course, we may not get a season 2 as it wasn't mentioned, though I feel like the Fighter's Pass model is a lot more profitable, and would probably be the best model for them to follow going forward. Would be nice to get some echoes between passes, too (Shadow's the only one I want, that's potentially feasible). That's where I'm at in terms of wants/expectations. I'm already satisfied getting my dream pick, so having more is just great no matter who's in (but srsly pls Crash).

StormC

Smash Hero
If it's strictly third party characters from unrepresented franchises, my ideal DLC/season 2 would be:

5. Ryu Hayabusa

1. Jill Valentine (with Leon Kennedy echo fighter)
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Bomberman
4. Arle Nadje
5. Sora (with Roxas echo fighter)

If Bomberman isn't allowed, swap him out for Quote from Cave Story (with a Curly Brace echo fighter).

My selfish Smash request will always be Velvet Crowe but I know Lloyd and Yuri are more popular so I won't step on those toes.

Shroob

Sup?
On one hand, I'm overjoyed that we're getting more and more content.

On the otherhand

........God ****ING damnit the image uploader is broken again.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On one hand, I'm overjoyed that we're getting more and more content.

On the otherhand

........God ****ING damnit the image uploader is broken again.
isnt it like the 5th time this week unironically

osby

Smash Obsessed
Me: "Smashboards, would you be so kind as to show me the latest posts?"

Smashboards: "KETO"

Me: "Understandable, have a nice day."

Shroob

Sup?

Not just any Keto

"Sunset" Keto

Smashboards is in its final season and is about to propose its love to Keto-senpai.

StormC

Smash Hero

I lost 50 pounds on keto. They advertise it 'cause it works!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Food for thought.
Glad to see Rayman in Europe's top ten, though it makes sense why he'd be there and nowhere else

Slightly baffled that Geno's in Europe's top ten, given that very few people are gonna have a nostalgic connection to a game that never released there

Still, aware that this isn't really the most reliable means of measuring popularity

View attachment 237561
There's a mixture of good picks and characters I really don't want in Smash in the latter two packs, so not sure how I'd feel about them on the whole

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm still holding out for Steve knowing that DLC 5 isn't the end, and I'd be down for Sora but that is never happening thanks to the House of The Mouse. I'd be down for Maxwell, but... Scribblenauts is dead. Ugh.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm still holding out for Steve knowing that DLC 5 isn't the end, and I'd be down for Sora but that is never happening thanks to the House of The Mouse. I'd be down for Maxwell, but... Scribblenauts is dead. Ugh.
Right now my two biggest wanted picks are Waluigi and Steve. It would be wild to end the speculation cycle with an assist trophy upgrade and destroy the last major rule that doesn't concern characters that didn't originate from video games. I'm not 100% confident on the chances that we're getting a first party character, let alone an assist trophy upgrade. But I'll still hold out hope for it.

D

Deleted member

Morning everyone, what's up?
I just discovered that the Undertale fandom ruined Markiplier’s series of the game with pressure and apparently even death threats back then while checking if he ever did a fun let’s play of it....

...that does indeed suck a bit, but at least I found a funny series by Pewdiepie.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I just discovered that the Undertale fandom ruined Markiplier’s series of the game with pressure and apparently even death threats back then while checking if he ever did a fun let’s play of it....

...that does indeed suck a bit, but at least I found a funny series by Pewdiepie.
Oof, some people are so toxic.

WumboTheSecond

Thief of Hearts
Am I the only one who is honestly happy with who is already in Smash? New characters are great but honestly Joker was the Icing on the cake for me

Wright and Layton would cry in despair but we both know we aren't even getting a mii costume anyway
I could see them being their own character considering the Ace Attorney port

Why does everyone want DOOM Slayer or Master Chief so bad? They totally miss the tone of Smash Bros

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I see some pretty good characters on there. Don't recognize a few of them but then again it seems like there's always someone I don't know in dlc with Corrin and Terry.
Am I the only one who is honestly happy with who is already in Smash? New characters are great but honestly Joker was the Icing on the cake for me
I've been satisfied since King K Rool was announced but it's still fun to speculate.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Why does everyone want DOOM Slayer or Master Chief so bad? They totally miss the tone of Smash Bros
Snake ended that "feel" 12 years ago.

I could see them being their own character considering the Ace Attorney port
Ports don't mean anything, and most series are getting ports. People need to stop associating every Nintendo business decision with Smash. It's not even their biggest IP!

Also careful not to multi-post, my friend. The mods don't like it.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't want to end the speculation on an assist trophy upgrade.

I want it to start anew with one, I seriously hope the first post fighter pass character is one.

I want Skull Kid more than anyone, but the first will probably be Waluigi or maybe Isaac.

But those 3 are key to me.

Also just wanna say, I think I expect more dlc than most.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
that japan/US/europe most popular chart is putting me in the mindset that we might be seeing lloyd as soon as challenger pack 5

sora is obviously extremely popular but he also means going through disney so i think he's much less likely to pop up anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom