• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be the coolest if Smash at EVO ended with the announcement of the last 2 characters?

I don't think it would happen though. Hope for something, expect nothing.

D

Deleted member

Ok, did Smash 4 always look that washed out? Like, the game still looks fine, but it doesn't feel as colorful.
It's because every stage in smash 4 pretty much has the same lighting, while Ultimate's is a lot more dynamic making it seem more colourful.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ok, did Smash 4 always look that washed out? Like, the game still looks fine, but it doesn't feel as colorful.
IDK, I only know compare to Ultimate, it still looks good.

Also, yes, I think DQ Heros is too overpowered, not in EVO but I have seen some smaller tournaments having many matches that are using Heros.
And the fact that Hero has an attack that can instant kill you is a huge no-no in my opinion.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion

Also, yes, I think DQ Heros is too overpowered, not in EVO but I have seen some smaller tournaments having many matches that are using Heros.
And the fact that Hero has an attack that can instant kill you is a huge no-no in my opinion.
that move rarely hits so...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Thwack's only good for hard reads, and Whack just sucks. Neither are OP

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Lol a Granblue Fantasy commercial, remember when it was "leaked" that we were getting a character from that?
Yes and I remember a decent portion of the thread being horny on main over her.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
mkleo vs tweek for grand finals

can't say i didn't see this coming

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Gluto had such an impressive run. I'm glad EU managed to get top 4.

Tweek is the only person I can see consistently beating MKLeo, and being in losers is never a good position. Still though, Leo is Leo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
im gonna root for my country here

im kind of tired of seeing joker win everything :drsad:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Then that's your opponents fault for running into a laggy, telegraphed move. The attack itself suck.
Is it really telegraphed if I mash down b as they approach me? I don't even know when I'm using it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
that move rarely hits so...
Rarely=/= never... and trust me, you will get hit in any inevitable position and of course... luck lol. Using Hero well also needs a bit of luck, I'll give you that.
Thwack's only good for hard reads, and Whack just sucks. Neither are OP
TBH, I don't even know the magic names so...

And that's the point, if you are good at reading, Hero ca be a apin to deal with, so idk maybe it's just me.
Regardless, I think the discussion of whether Heros is OP or not is legit and with get notable as time goes on.

Edit:
Also, my entire post was moved to another serious about movies so... hope this doesn't violate rules like DD post, if there is problems plase let me know.

Oh boy, coming back to Smashboards for now to see what's gong on.
Been playing more Switch games like Vesperia, FFXII and God Eater 3. And with Sony censorship going on, it made me got a PS Vita, the last good console from Sony for playing JRPGs and anime games.

With PS Vita cheap it is a great time to buy the Vita games. Got Muramasa Rebirth, God Eater 1 and 2, hoping to get GE2 Rage Burst and Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2.

I really hope that BBTAG stuff is fake.
Senran Kagura is the absolute ****ing worst.
at least its the actual legal girl and not one of the many minors

Senran Kagura shouldnt even exsist
Oh man, the salt sure is real lol... and didn't we expect this already?

I might be on a hiatus too long to realize how you guys have some beef with Senren Kagura, but while I am not a big fan myself... C'mon man like really?

If a series has a fanbase then it will continue to exist, it is what it is...

At least you have Neo from RWBY as well, and many others. We need Roman Torchwick to make it even lol.
And to frakly to say... does anyone play BBCTB anymore? Even my huge BBCTB fan brother admits that BBCTB is dying... but hey maybe with the DLCs can turn it around.

Since you guys are being salty on Yumi in BBCTB I wanna be salty on Nihom Falcom's statement on their games on being on Switch... twice.
And I know this is obvious but... Nihon Falcom ignores SWitch, nobody cares....
EA ignores Switch, everyone loses their fricking minds...

Nihon Falcom Lacks The Ability To Release More Games On Switch, Says President

As how OJ from Playeressence used to say, Nihon Falcom does not know their fanbase is now on Nintendo Switch, they have further statement on this with the interview

NIHON FALCOM GOES INTO MORE DETAIL ON WHY THEY DON'T SUPPORT SWITCH MUCH

Nihon Falcom fans have been wondering why the company doesn't put out more titles on Switch. The gang at NoisyPixel had the chance to ask Nihon Falcom themselves why this was, and the answer they gave was two-pronged.

When it comes to the Switch, we recognize the system’s dual functionality, our games really match these mobile platforms especially for players who might not have access to their own personal televisions. Being able to play our games whenever a fan wants, is something appealing to us and to the fans. In terms of exclusivity, as nice as it would be, the truth of the matter is finding where the user base is. When it comes to Ys VIII, we released it on Switch. While western sales for the Switch version were right around where we thought they’d be, the game struggled in Japan, which reinforced to us that our user base is on PlayStation.

In a practical sense, we have never actually developed a game on Switch, so that would take us a large number of resources and have us starting from zero, which would take time away from developing games. So, we leave the porting to our partners. There’s a misconception in Japan from fans, that there’s bad blood between Nintendo and Falcom, but that’s not the case at all. We’d love to have more of a working relationship with them, but we don’t have the means to develop on the platform.

Hopefully something happens in the future to allow Nihon Falcom to create more Switch titles. It seems they'd need some outside help, or at the very least, a better showing of support from Japanese consumers
Their response is similar to EA response imo... but 100 times better. Still lacks actual point though.
Need resources to put games on Switch? Understandable but shows how imcompetent Nihon Facom is... we have seen small studio in Japan collaborating with Nintendo, with SE, Marvelous, Platinum Games make Nintendo Switch Exclusives on Nintendo Switch, so not sure why Nihon Falcom has the audacity to say they can't support the system, besides of they have on project Ys IX on hand, but again, the game is only for PS4 as well.

Not being fanboy here, but really, at this point any JRPGs and anime games announced PS4 only is a straight death flag imo.

Might play some Overwatch tonight. We'll see. If anyone wants to join me, lemme know. I'll be starting around 10pm ET.
IDK, Sigma look interesting but his back story imo is pretty... weird.
He makes Junkrat look like a normal person lol.

I would also like to have a discussion on whether Switch will sell up to 100 million or not...
My thoughts are, while the common consensus is that it won't, and definitely not sell up to 100 million that fast like PS4. But... I do think Nintendo Switch has the potential... and also, the PRESSURE of selling up to 100 million. Because of two reasons.

1. Besides of Wii and original Gameboy_ Gameboy Color, none of Nintendo consoles has ever sold over 100 million units, not to mention with Nintendo home console sales declining, I think Switch selling over 100 million lets people look Nintendo a big role in VG space even more and also "gimmicky" and handheld consoles are not dying, as to how PS4 proved that traditional home consoles are still kicking.

2. As I've mentioned before, and not getting it too "console wars" but really... it's really bothersome even as a non Nintendo when hearing many journalists, YTubers, and random dudes mentioning how almost every consoles from Sony reach to 100 million, therefore Sony is better than Nintendo... which we all know that's not entirely true, but with Switch reaching to 100 million units, can make the gaming community as a whole look Nintendo in an even more "positive" way because if all companies do good will make the video game industry even stronger and adaptive.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
#1 player vs #2 player.

The best of the best duking it out.

Will Tweek be able to over MKLeo’s spot as best Smash Ultimate player in the world?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Neither Tweek or Leo have won a mainstream EVO, if we don't include Leo at EVO Japan 2018. So we're guaranteed to still have had a new winner for every year, and Leo winning would finally give Mexico a win. Just putting that out there.

D

Deleted member

Tweek taking game 1. He's the only man who can take down Leo, but Leo again is just such an excellent player.
Well I guess kameme did too but shhh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Tweek's going insane game 2.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Holy ****, did Tweek just download Leo's brain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom