• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, you guys remember when Mario Maker was ported to the 3DS, but they stripped away everything that made it fun so all you had left was making levels in a tiny screen, that was beyond subject to slowdown if things got a little too crazy?

Almost no online whatsoever, couldn't even share or search for courses online, only across other Mario Maker 3DS users locally, or streetpass, otherwise, you hetter hope you find a good level made in the Wii U version, or tough luck.

And they still sold it for a full price 3DS game.
And that's one of many ports I never bought. Never felt worth it.

Now, the ports of OOT, those were honestly nice and full of content~ By that, I mean the GameCube and 3DS ones.

D

Deleted member

Regarding the rumours about a female fighting game pick with weapons, I would share that Ruby Heart from MvC2 also covers those criterias:
39CF00E5-39DF-43C4-8C79-38A8E5CE52E1.jpeg
But even then, I don’t think she could be that likely (would be cool to have Ruby in Smash doh).

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
User was warned for this post; inappropriate content

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we get an undertale rep, I hope the trailer has a ness is sans joke. That would be hilarious

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If we get an undertale rep, I hope the trailer has a ness is sans joke. That would be hilarious
That's a 2D joke right here.

No, the trailer need a "Papyrus is a Starman" joke in it, that's how the Smash Mafia work.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As they should be, because where the hell is that dragon normal dunsparce evolution or bug dragon, or even ground dragon?
It deserves that much
honestly surprised it still doesnt have an evolution

does GF not realize that there are plenty of pokemans out there who can still be "new" but have new evolutions

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Since we're on the note of Pokemon again, that Famitsu interview from E3 was posted on GoNintendo via summary.

While it doesn't say too much else that's new, but what caught my interest was that they mentioned that they were already starting to hit a wall with the number of Pokemon/Forms with SM and they only barely made it work. So it seems like the choice to scale back on the roster size per game was already being kicked around at least as far back as SM's early development, they just didn't go through with it earlier.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Since we're on the note of Pokemon again, that Famitsu interview from E3 was posted on GoNintendo via summary.

While it doesn't say too much else that's new, but what caught my interest was that they mentioned that they were already starting to hit a wall with the number of Pokemon/Forms with SM and they only barely made it work. So it seems like the choice to scale back on the roster size per game was already being kicked around at least as far back as SM's early development, they just didn't go through with it earlier.
the 3DS can handle 800 pokemans but the switch is too weak? :drshrug:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Reminder that +300MB of data space in SM are used just to store multiple Lillie models for every location instead of just loading a single model everywhere.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Reminder that +300MB of data space in SM are used just to store multiple Lillie models for every location instead of just loading a single model everywhere.
double reminder that this isn't unique to lillie - every NPC model in the game does this

EVERY NPC MODEL IN THE GAME

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
honestly surprised it still doesnt have an evolution

does GF not realize that there are plenty of pokemans out there who can still be "new" but have new evolutions
I guess so. It’s really weird too because multiple times in the anime has Ash tried to capture a dunsparce implying a reason. Yet nothing ever happens. It’s sad, I hope maybe sword and shield brings back cross gen evolutions and we get one for dunsparce

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is that good or bad?
Bad. You can use that memory for other assets like idk, OTHER POKEMON

plus multiple models for multiple locations will probably cause more crashes and stuff than just loading the model at each appropriate location.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bad. You can use that memory for other assets like idk, OTHER POKEMON

plus multiple models for multiple locations will probably cause more crashes and stuff than just loading the model at each appropriate location.
I honestly believe that there is no way game freak has hired new programmers who would know how to avoid this. It seems like they get less and less efficient with each game.

It’s like telling your grandpa to use your Mac pc, it ain’t going to go over well as he won’t be able to handle such a jump. Which sadly it feels like game freak is in that exact position

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I honestly believe that there is no way game freak has hired new programmers who would know how to avoid this. It seems like they get less and less efficient with each game.

It’s like telling your grandpa to use your Mac pc, it ain’t going to go over well as he won’t be able to handle such a jump. Which sadly it feels like game freak is in that exact position
This is the kind of **** you’d expect from EA, Activision or Bethesda, not a subsidiary of Nintendo

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Game Freak is just having a rough time transitioning to home console games. On top of having the same tight deadline they always have, they have to adjust to making an open-world game that looks decent in HD.

I'm not even convinced that they've fully grown accustomed to the transition from 2D to 3D.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is the kind of **** you’d expect from EA, Activision or Bethesda, not a subsidiary of Nintendo
The fact that Activision is currently doing a better job regarding fan-service (at least for the Crash fandom) doesn’t help at all.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Almost as if there are more things to optimize in games than file size (minimizing the number of batches of assets to load, etc.)!

I'm as bummed out as the next guy if SwSh and everything henceforth are truly never going to have the full Dex for competitive / breeding again, but every time I see this in particular brought up as evidence of laziness or "bad coding" I die a little inside.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think it’s just the problem of they aren’t used to this stuff, they grew up in a different time in the industry and change has been tough for them.

I wonder if Nintendo will end up stepping in to try and fix things down the line

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think it’s just the problem of they aren’t used to this stuff, they grew up in a different time in the industry and change has been tough for them.

I wonder if Nintendo will end up stepping in to try and fix things down the line
With all the outcry this is causing they probably will

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Almost as if there are more things to optimize in games than file size (minimizing the number of batches of assets to load, etc.)!

I'm as bummed out as the next guy if SwSh and everything henceforth are truly never going to have the full Dex for competitive / breeding again, but every time I see this in particular brought up as evidence of laziness or "bad coding" I die a little inside.
-cutting down on file size shouldn’t be important.

Despite the fact that’s literally how they were able to make gold and silver so successfull.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Considering that even the Japanese fanbase is reacting to this too, there's a chance they'll have to address this sooner or later.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
-cutting down on file size shouldn’t be important.

Despite the fact that’s literally how they were able to make gold and silver so successfull.
Programming constraints change with the times. Not that space isn't still important, but modern games are heavily limited by the speed at which data can be streamed from a disk. Plenty of games duplicate reusable code or assets across distinct areas in a game to speed this process up (PM:TTYD I know for a fact does this with at least the scripts and battle data related to certain characters or enemies).

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Maybe, but it's a huge gamble to do anything major. Switching over to a new studio after Game Freak has been doing this stuff nonstop for over 20 years seems unwise, and delaying the games could have an extremely bad impact on TPC as a whole, regardless of how much it improves Sword and Shield.

Honestly, the most Nintendo can do at this point is encourage patches after the game's release or go on a hiring frenzy and hope they can fix as much as they can with what little time is left.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
With all the outcry this is causing they probably will
Probably depends on if the outcry is enough to actually affect sales to any significant degree. I mean... a lot of people won’t be looking at this kind of thing before buying, plus some people who are complaining will buy it anyway. I even might, I’ll think about it.

So uh... remember the Mario vs. Luigi mode in NSMBDS?
Can we petition to bring that back instead? There was no reasom to remove it.
I wonder if there’ll be a decent way to fake that in Mario Maker 2’s multiplayer. I don’t think there’ll be an item that works quite like the stars in that game, but you could try fighting over carrying a spring around or something, IDK.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I notice Banjo and Hero are glitched for picking them as Ultimate Mains here on Smashboards. Here's hoping it gets fixed

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I'm 50/50 on the Pokemon thing. Collecting them all was one of the main appeals of the series for some, but on the other hand I completely understand time crunch/coding limitations.

Realistically, Let's Go angered a lot of people and yet nothing was changed and it sold well, so I don't think Nintendo is going to panic on this one just yet. If there's a sizable drop in sale for SwSh though... Almost think having the next one be co-made by another dev team is the best way to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom