• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Boxboy (Technically Qbby) would be an amazing character. It would be a character that could give the sort of playstyle 'Tetris Block' moveset that people always came up with.
Oh I agree. HAL got pretty crazy with the core concept of 'creates blocks'. I could see those rocket boxes as an up b, and his main gimmick could be creating boxes which can be used as shields or as projectiles, sort of like some Steve movesets I've seen.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
One of my favorite comics on the internet, and my favorite UT comic as well.
It relates to encouragement for people suffering from depression.
If you are suffering from such a terrible thing, please take time to read this. Been reflecting on the subject of depression all day today, and I think it's appropriate to share:
1560791875705.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
they also had a whole survey thing going on with the daemon x machina demo. a lot of the complaints were actually accomodated for because holy **** this new trailer on visuals alone does a lot different than what the demo provided

im not a mech game guy, but **** that's my money in their wallets

really the only concern is framerate

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
they also had a whole survey thing going on with the daemon x machina demo. a lot of the complaints were actually accomodated for because holy **** this new trailer on visuals alone does a lot different than what the demo provided

im not a mech game guy, but **** that's my money in their wallets

really the only concern is framerate
I was excited for the game until I saw the terrible framerate and then I was like "yeah no **** that."

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was excited for the game until I saw the terrible framerate and then I was like "yeah no **** that."
the demo was fine on framerate, i didnt notice much

unless i just have a ****ty memory

D

Deleted member

One of my favorite comics on the internet, and my favorite UT comic as well.
It relates to encouragement for people suffering from depression.
If you are suffering from such a terrible thing, please take time to read this. Been reflecting on the subject of depression all day today, and I think it's appropriate to share:
my guy
listen
i just
1560792380295.png

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, on Discord...

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Pokedex counts it these days meaning we at least have a way to say it would count.
wouldn't that mean we have way more than 1000 in the pokedex by like, 4 gens ago? :mybodyisreggie:
Yes it would, 1,614 to be exact.

Which means we'd be well over that number now. So clearly Masuda doesn't view shinies as anything other then alternate texture packs.

The only things that count as forms in GF's eyes are/were:
Megas, Alolan Forms, whatever form they felt like making for legends in remakes.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Masuda said it himself that the number will reach 1000 Pokémon including form changes. That leaves at least 196 new Pokémon/forms.
The current Pokémon amount(not counting gen 8) is 807. subtract that from 1000 and you get 197.
You'd think Masuda would know that form changes don't count...because if it doesn't have it's own Pokedex entry, it doesn't matter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bro, it's lagging in the damn trailer you posted.
yeah why do you think i talked about framerate

i was talking about the demo

half the scenes had dips and other scenes were fine

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so in luigis mansions 3 he has a plunger feature

he was never the first on the plunger gun train though

1560792761241.png

thats right baby, rabbids x luigis mansion

The demo was even WORSE.

It went straight 10 FPS most of the damn gameplay.
so is this how it feels when you get told smtv isnt happening

also i didnt remember any frame drops when i was playing :drshrug:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

View attachment 228377

It did in handheld mode, didn’t try in dock mode so I cannot confirm or deny

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

View attachment 228377

You seriously didn't notice the framedrops in the E3 demo?

I mean, look at this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You seriously didn't notice the framedrops in the E3 demo?

I mean, look at this.
yeah those are some dips but that isnt game breaking

i'll wait for what other people say before i buy it obviously, i do that with everything except smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes it would, 1,614 to be exact.

Which means we'd be well over that number now. So clearly Masuda doesn't view shinies as anything other then alternate texture packs.

The only things that count as forms in GF's eyes are/were:
Megas, Alolan Forms, whatever form they felt like making for legends in remakes.
Silvally and Arceus' formes are clearly nothing more than texture swaps though
You'd think Masuda would know that form changes don't count...because if it doesn't have it's own Pokedex entry, it doesn't matter.
Oh so THAT'S why they got rid of a ****ton on dex entries in SM

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Masuda said it himself that the number will reach 1000 Pokémon including form changes. That leaves at least 196 new Pokémon/forms.
The current Pokémon amount(not counting gen 8) is 807. subtract that from 1000 and you get 197.
The current amount is 809. Meltan and Melmetal are Gen VII.

There are currently 48 Mega Evolutions, bringing the total to 857. There are 18 Alola Formes, making the total 873. Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon are 875. Ash-Greninja is 876. Zygarde 10% and Complete, as well as the new forms for Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma make 881. Kami Trio's Therian Formes, Keldeo's Resolute Forme, Meloetta's Pirouette Forme, Kyurem Black and Kyurem White make 888. Shaymin has Sky Forme, Giratina has Origin Forme, so that's 890. Deoxys Speed, Attack, and Defense make 893. Hoopa Unbound makes 894.

Now for the non legends, regional Formes, and Megas. Aegislash has Sword Stance and Shield Stance, 896. Castform has Sunny, Rainy, and Snowy, 899. Lycanroc has two extra forms, 901. Oricorio has four total styles, so add three, 904. Rotom's appliances make 909. Burmy and Wormadam's other cloaks make 913. Autumn, Summer, and Winter Deerling and Sawsbuck make 919. Wishiwashi has School Forme, 920. Cherrim has Sunshine Forme, so 921. Shellos and Gastrodon make 923.

At that point, only 78 Pokémon would need to be added to get to 1000. That's all. Kalos was the entry with the fewest new additions and that gave 73 if I remember correctly.

The best part is? This list doesn't even include the different types for Arceus and Silvally, nor does it include the other forms of Unown. With those, that's another 61, making 984. That's also not including the different flower colors for Flabébé, Floette, or Florges, Minior's meteor colors, Spiky-Eared Pichu, or the five Cosplay Pikachu.

And the best part? I'm absolutely certain there are some I'm forgetting (obviously ignoring Shiny Pokémon, Spinda, and specifically Shiny Spinda).

Edit: I forgot to delete the video. I have become what I sought to destroy.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

There are currently 48 Mega Evolutions, bringing the total to 857. There are 18 Alola Formes, making the total 873. Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon are 875. Ash-Greninja is 876. Zygarde 10% and Complete, as well as the new forms for Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma make 881. Kami Trio's Therian Formes, Keldeo's Resolute Forme, Meloetta's Pirouette Forme, Kyurem Black and Kyurem White make 888. Shaymin has Sky Forme, Giratina has Origin Forme, so that's 890. Deoxys Speed, Attack, and Defense make 893. Hoopa Unbound makes 894.

Now for the non legends, regional Formes, and Megas. Aegislash has Sword Stance and Shield Stance, 896. Castform has Sunny, Rainy, and Snowy, 899. Lycanroc has two extra forms, 901. Oricorio has four total styles, so add three, 904. Rotom's appliances make 909. Burmy and Wormadam's other cloaks make 913. Autumn, Summer, and Winter Deerling and Sawsbuck make 919. Wishiwashi has School Forme, 920. Cherrim has Sunshine Forme, so 921. Shellos and Gastrodon make 923.

At that point, only 78 Pokémon would need to be added to get to 1000. That's all. Kalos was the entry with the fewest new additions and that gave 73 if I remember correctly.

The best part is? This list doesn't even include the different types for Arceus and Silvally, nor does it include the other forms of Unown. With those, that's another 61, making 984. That's also not including the different flower colors for Flabébé, Floette, or Florges, Minior's meteor colors, Spiky-Eared Pichu, or the five Cosplay Pikachu.

And the best part? I'm absolutely certain there are some I'm forgetting (obviously ignoring Shiny Pokémon, Spinda, and specifically Shiny Spinda).
of course the addition of new pokemans is gonna be small

how they haven't run out of every idea possible at this point is amazing

IT'S JUST A WOLF WITH A SWORD OPO

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dammit I forgot Zen Mode Darmanitan.

Edit: And Basculin...and I actually LIKE Basculin...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The best part is? This list doesn't even include the different types for Arceus and Silvally, nor does it include the other forms of Unown.
But what's the REAL best part? I'm on the edge of my seat.

of course the addition of new pokemans is gonna be small

how they haven't run out of every idea possible at this point is amazing

IT'S JUST A WOLF WITH A SWORD OPO
Leave Zacian alone. That's just what genius looks like.

D

Deleted member

well i gotta go in less than 5 minutes
tomorrow i'll be here in the morning but no guarantees about the afternoon
and then I'll be gone until about the end of july, unless i get time at some other point this week

I'm gonna miss you guys

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
and then I'll be gone until about the end of july, unless i get time at some other point this week

I'm gonna miss you guys
alexa, play the titanic theme song

1560795280396.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Edit: I forgot to delete the video. I have become what I sought to destroy.
I suppose they still do count old forms with that number even if I’m banking on most of that list you just made not making the dex. That already puts us at over 1000 though so I wonder what Masuda really counts and doesn’t count for that number.

If I had to guess only things with dex entries count towards it. Megas got their own dex entries, as did alolan forms. All the other things you mentioned do not get different entries therefore I don’t think Masuda is counting them.

That would be 66 forms that count in Masuda’s eyes, putting the number at 875. Combine that with the amount of new pokemon we’ve been getting each gen, (which I’ll go with with 73 for these as that’s the number that started the low amounts) and you would be at 948 minimum. Which is at least 52 new Pokémon counting new forms that get dex entries. I don’t think the actual new Pokémon will be that low. I would say we get at least 70.
However we already have a good idea on what forms are going to count towards this number thanks to leaks.
Gigantamaxing Pokemon have completely new looks and likely new dex entries.
Which would explain Masuda’s comment.

That’s just how I personally believe they are counting these forms towards dex entries. Although it’s hard to know for sure

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna miss you guys
I’ll miss you! ;-;

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I suppose they still do count old forms with that number even if I’m banking on most of that list you just made not making the dex. That already puts us at over 1000 though so I wonder what Masuda really counts and doesn’t count for that number.

If I had to guess only things with dex entries count towards it. Megas got their own dex entries, as did alolan forms. All the other things you mentioned do not get different entries therefore I don’t think Masuda is counting them.
That's wrong though. A lot of them, including Lycanroc and Castform, DO get different entries for each form. They absolutely count.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
half of the pokemon in sword and shield but then there are outcries just because dunsparce didnt make it back in

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey, you guys remember when Mario Maker was ported to the 3DS, but they stripped away everything that made it fun so all you had left was making levels in a tiny screen, that was beyond subject to slowdown if things got a little too crazy?

Almost no online whatsoever, couldn't even share or search for courses online, only across other Mario Maker 3DS users locally, or streetpass, otherwise, you hetter hope you find a good level made in the Wii U version, or tough luck.

And they still sold it for a full price 3DS game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's wrong though. A lot of them, including Lycanroc and Castform, DO get different entries for each form. They absolutely count.
I forgot lycanroc does, I had no idea castform did though my bad.
half of the pokemon in sword and shield but then there are outcries just because dunsparce didnt make it back in
As they should be, because where the hell is that dragon normal dunsparce evolution or bug dragon, or even ground dragon?
It deserves that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom