• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wouldn't Claire make more sense as an costume for Chris if he got in given they're sibling?
Not especially. It's not some sort of anime where Claire has some special bloodline power that only people of the Redfield lineage can do, they're all essentially normal people with a ton of weapons. Well, other than Chris being kinda buff.

Jill and Chris are a duo and call back to their partnerships, especially in the original Resident Evil where they worked together, plus both of them are the faces featured in crossovers such as Marvel vs Capcom adding even more importance to them.

They'd make perfect sense to support each other in Smash, far more than Claire does who I don't think ever even meets Chris in her debut game.

Shroob

Sup?
It's ironic that I honestly never even considered Resident Evil for Smash before this dlc cycle.

But now it seems like a very likely pick.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's ironic that I honestly never even considered Resident Evil for Smash before this dlc cycle.

But now it seems like a very likely pick.
Yeah that's because for a very large chunk of time Resident Evil's been stuck on RE6 which was critically panned by many people, and RE7 which has a very VERY different sort of aesthetic than the rest of the series, one where neither regular dude Ethan nor Goddamn zombie hillbillies seem likely as Smash characters.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah that's because for a very large chunk of time Resident Evil's been stuck on RE6 which was critically panned by many people, and RE7 which has a very VERY different sort of aesthetic than the rest of the series, one where neither regular dude Ethan nor Goddamn zombie hillbillies seem likely as Smash characters.
Nah it's moreso that I was hung up on the whole gun aspect.

Then Joker got his glock and Mii theory became a thing and it just kinda clicked that

"Oh, Capcom character? Resident Evil, easy."

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
to be honest the aesthetic is why i'm still very hung up on RE's chances

the earlier games, from what i've seen, always had a sort of campy humor in the vein of metal gear and never took themselves completely seriously, which is fine as snake's inclusion in smash shows

but then RE7, the most recent game in the series barring RE2R, is literally PT crossed with cannibal apocalypse with some moments that would make jigsaw go "damn dude that's a little ****ed up"

even as we have characters like joker and snake, there feels to me like a major mismatch between smash's and resident evil's tone, and it'd take some serious sakurai magic to make me believe it could work without a hitch

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
to be honest the aesthetic is why i'm still very hung up on RE's chances

the earlier games, from what i've seen, always had a sort of campy humor in the vein of metal gear and never took themselves completely seriously, which is fine as snake's inclusion in smash shows

but then RE7, the most recent game in the series barring RE2R, is literally PT crossed with cannibal apocalypse with some moments that would make jigsaw go "damn dude that's a little ****ed up"

even as we have characters like joker and snake, there feels to me like a major mismatch between smash's and resident evil's tone, and it'd take some serious sakurai magic to make me believe it could work without a hitch
Yeah but RE7 is intentionally a departure from the series and it's returned to form in the way of RE2make.

Either way, if MvC is anything to go by the only time you'll see gross zombies is in the background, which I think would be fine for kids, at least next to ghosts and stuff.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Jack Baker would have been great for MvC and you know it.

if only Infinite didn't fail this badly...:drsad:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah, JOE Baker.

Hillbilly punches biohazard zombies to death and powerbombs them.

And that's BEFORE he gets his rocket powered fist.
But he can't take you for a ride, Jack can, therefore, Jack is the chosen one.:yeahboi:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
It's been found out that there's a very private ResetEra discord with the mods and it's filled with disturbing amount of pedophilia. A poster from the discord shared her experiences. Zhuge is apparently involved with the group. And he's blocking anyone questioning him about it.

https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1139598328650506240
I know about this scandal, more than what it is going now. May I post some things about this in another thread? I want this to be immediately known and made clear. That's the same forum that I hate with an burning passion, and just learning of this yesterday made me very sick...

Forgot to add. Very recently, Celine found a twitter account that was linked to one of the Resetera member, and the twitter had VERY NSFW images including very, very nude images of Lillie from Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's been found out that there's a very private ResetEra discord with the mods and it's filled with disturbing amount of pedophilia. A poster from the discord shared her experiences. Zhuge is apparently involved with the group. And he's blocking anyone questioning him about it.

https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1139598328650506240
Those are doctored screenshots from Kiwifarms from what I hear, especially with the twitter name

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Those are doctored screenshots from Kiwifarms from what I hear, especially with the twitter name
I don't think you can doctorate Discord images. It would require an excellent Photoshop skill to be able to replicate such words perfectly- it would be far too easy otherwise. Besides, they threatened to sue the OP for it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't think you can doctorate Discord images. It would require an excellent Photoshop skill to be able to replicate such words perfectly- it would be far too easy otherwise. Besides, they threatened to sue the OP for it.
Discord is SUPER easy to make fake stuff for. All I'd need to do is change my username and profile pic to the one of idk, osby, say something osby wouldn't say, take screenshots and go "Wow I can't believe osby is saying this"

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Discord is SUPER easy to make fake stuff for. All I'd need to do is change my username and profile pic to the one of idk, osby, say something osby wouldn't say, take screenshots and go "Wow I can't believe osby is saying this"
While that is true, you can't change your Discord ID number (#0000), unless you have Nitro membership or something like that. And even then, there's just way too many friends you'd need to be able to fake that or make an play out of that.

The reactions and posts looks genuine in the images. But suit yourself I guess.

Please don't fake screenshots of osby btw.
Agreed, trying to fake images can potentially get another person in trouble, even if it's just an light-hearted joke

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
While that is true, you can't change your Discord ID number (#0000), unless you have Nitro membership or something like that. And even then, there's just way too many friends you'd need to be able to fake that or make an play out of that.

The reactions and posts looks genuine in the images. But suit yourself I guess.

Agreed, trying to fake images can potentially get another person in trouble, even if it's just an light-hearted joke
But here's the thing. You don't need to do that. I don't have Nitro but I can change the name my posts have. It is SUPER easy to do. I can do it in like 5 minutes if I wanted to and I don't know how to crop screenshots on my pc

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is this a subtle way for you to persuade me into checking Discord more?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wow I sure do believe something that originates from *checks notes* popular Nazi ****holes Kiwifarms and 8chan.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
If we do end up getting a fighting game rep, i would not be surprised if it's Heihachi but i would love to see Jin with Kazuya as an echo fighter. They just fit Smash a lot more to me

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
But here's the thing. You don't need to do that. I don't have Nitro but I can change the name my posts have. It is SUPER easy to do. I can do it in like 5 minutes if I wanted to and I don't know how to crop screenshots on my pc
yes, yes, I know, but let me give you an problem. The problem is that you would have to actually know someone or two's name and ID to be able to fake that. And even then, you can't really fake the ID, since I don't think you can have 2 IDs at once and besides, there is actually an very internal, real long ID of a account. She only revealed the ID and/or name of Cerium, but she likely doesn't know the others YET.

Looks like I'll have to get a little serious, huh. That post fits your name. Besides, OP in that thread we're talking about is trying to talk with journalists about this news. It might not be much for now, maybe nothing will happen but THEY have to see it.

I'm sorry but you need too much to be able to FAKE these discord screenshots. Too much peoples too much planning. And besides it's really hard if not impossible to fake that since if you edit something there would be an (edited) little message just right next to the end of a post.

Look, like I said, you can suit yourself. I might or might not continue after this reply, but honestly, it is up to everyone to whenever he or she should believe the story. I believe the story, because the reaction, the blocking, and the threatening seems genuine. (By threatening, I mean that someone on Resetera discord server threatened to sue the OP for this. Although, it could just be empty threats but we'll see.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If we do end up getting a fighting game rep, i would not be surprised if it's Heihachi but i would love to see Jin with Kazuya as an echo fighter. They just fit Smash a lot more to me
I kind of believe that too. I mean, I feel like he could make Heihachi work. He’d be an interesting design challenge. But if that’s absolutely off the table then Kazuya would work. A Tekken rep would probably be my most requested alongside Crash at this point, but Tales and Dark Souls are just more likely to be the second Namco rep.

Chunkz

Smash Rookie
Tekken's juggle system would be way harder to implement in smash then Street Fighter combos. Yeah they could make Heihachi a normal fighter but after the special treatment shoyos got it would be pretty lame.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tekken's juggle system would be way harder to implement in smash then Street Fighter combos. Yeah they could make Heihachi a normal fighter but after the special treatment shoyos got it would be pretty lame.
Like.... I don’t really care. I just want to play as Heihachi. Not every fighter needs to have their unique mechanics from their series.

But then again. Just because WE can’t figure out how to do it, doesn’t mean Sakurai can’t. If he has taken on this challenge, then it would even make sense for him to be close to last in the pass. To give him time to think about it.

Not to mention, he thought about Heihachi during 4’s development. So he’s probably had it in the back of his mind for even longer!

Chunkz

Smash Rookie
Like.... I don’t really care. I just want to play as Heihachi. Not every fighter needs to have their unique mechanics from their series.

But then again. Just because WE can’t figure out how to do it, doesn’t mean Sakurai can’t. If he has taken on this challenge, then it would even make sense for him to be close to last in the pass. To give him time to think about it.

Not to mention, he thought about Heihachi during 4’s development. So he’s probably had it in the back of his mind for even longer!
I guess if the goal is simply to have a specific intellectual property in smash that's great too, but personally, give he is a representative of a very unique fighting game, I would love to see some acknowledgement of the original mechanics, given Ryu and Ken in this game.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess if the goal is simply to have a specific intellectual property in smash that's great too, but personally as a representative of a very unique fighting game I would love to see some acknowledgement of the original mechanics, given Ryu and Ken in this game.
What if he could dodge into the foreground and background. Jk, that would be weird and broken.

I still think Sakurai could pull it off. Somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom