• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
what are you gonna say if the dentist asks if you floss
I'll tell them that I do, but sparingly. It should be a little more frequent to be honest.

Now IF they try to make a Fortnite reference, imma shut it down lol

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"do you floss?"

the dentist is stunned. everyone in the lobby claps. you receive $1,000,000 dollars from the dentist's family in order to cover his funeral costs.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally some ****ing rain.

oRPRtYS.png
Bless the lord.
oRPRtYS.png

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
In my car, I keep a bag of those flossers with floss and tooth picks on them. It lets me floss on the way to work or if I have something stuck in my teeth.

I'd keep them in my bag, but people who floss at work are animals. I don't want to be that lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

“Oh boy! I have a big animation project coming up. What should I do? Work on it? Nah, let’s model a piggy bank!” - Taylor 2019

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sword & Shield seems like anything but a bad game.

And besides, it's not the first time that we got some Pokémon unavailable in a main game (gen 3 pulled a similar thing).

It is fine if you don't want to buy the game, but let people who do enjoy it.
There's a major difference between this and what happened in Gen III. All the Pokémon were still coded into Ruby and Sapphire. This isn't the case for Sword and Shield.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
And I'm gonna finish and upload my first Mario Maker level ... hopefully

Playing it back makes me realise I put some really cruel jumps in there

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Does some people here dislike the idea of people being born?

Yes, this sounds pretty strong... But I've sadly met people who do IRL.
Here's my take on this idea:

It's not that I dislike the idea of people being born, it's that I worry about the world they are being born into. I think there is a fascinating moral question of, "Should you have children if you know they're going to have a worse life than you did." I don't think there's anywhere close to a clear answer on that question, and depending on how much you value life beyond all else, you're likely to answer the question differently than others.

I don't particularly love children myself, so I'm not really prepared to answer the question of if I will personally have kids or not. Right now, the idea doesn't appeal to me. Especially when I'm extremely concerned that my life will not be of a great quality when things like difficulties Climate Change and major social upheaval may well come sooner rather than later (The prevalence of a lot of Nationalistic thought across the globe in addition to just straight up factors like what will happen with India and China in terms of a billion people living in relatively smaller areas, where will specific tensions in the Middle East end up, and more direct stuff like what happens to Russia after Putin). As someone from the US, I'm terrified of the path we're on, especially when all science points to the extremely limited time we have to prevent global ruin and we're in fact going the opposite way on most things (I'm really trying to stay my hand on getting too political, but I'm not going to back down from Climate Change for what I feel like should be obvious reasons).

I think overpopulation is massive issue, and that anyone reacting to all of this stimuli and deciding to forego having children makes a lot of sense as a legitimate point of view. Despite that, I still think people should absolutely have children and be optimistic about it since the next generation can always do better than the last if given the chance. That, and also, the survival of the human race kind of depends on future children haha. Like, I may not be comfortable with the idea of having children myself and I think that's a valid stance, but I absolutely think it's valid to be of the opposite mindset and just want children (to a degree, more than a couple starts to push things a little bit too much both from a fiscal responsibility angle and also a population issue).

D

Deleted member

>Just arrived from the exams
>Finally at home
>Trying to take a break from all that boredom
>Father comes in
>”Why are you with those devices already, gfl”

:glare:

D

Deleted member

God lord, my parents are annoying me over the minimal things just after arriving from a stressful day.

Let me relax at least for an hour dammit.

Iridium

Smash Hero
My older sister's birthday being tomorrow is going to be very conflicting. We don't really do anything, even during holidays.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Does some people here dislike the idea of people being born?

Yes, this sounds pretty strong... But I've sadly met people who do IRL.
This question reminds me of that dude who sued his parents for giving birth to him. .-.

D

Deleted member

Alright. I’m gonna get animating. Hopefully I’ll be allowed to post a wee demo here. Wish me luck!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright new AMA is up. Go bother @JDCabrera with your questions.

Side note, the AMA for ZephyrZ ZephyrZ will remain up until the next AMA starts on Sunday.

D

Deleted member

So this animation lasts a little over 4 mins and runs at 60 FPS. That’s over 1 million frames.

The render times are gonna hurt my soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom