• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I like to stay out of Smash theories unless there's a REAL amount of traction backing it up.

And none right now are such.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Someone on the Crash Facebook Group called me a snowflake for wanting all the cheat codes from the OG back.

Why has the cash banooca community adopted political slurs? Seriously, why are people so elitist when it comes to that game?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I strongly disagree, Toy Story 4 is a perfect epilogue to the trilogy, I almost like it more than 3.
The fact that it’s gotten to number 4 and people don’t think it sucks is proof that Pixar has some kind of black magic.

We’re actually taking the kids to see it during camp. I REALLY don’t want to see it but I have to stay in the theater with the kids.

I dont think its the community I think people are just jerks sometimes

Don't worry about the meanies
Yeah. I just have to ignore them I guess.

I just want the codes so I can quickly unlock N. Tropy without doing the trials (like you could do in the OG). But because the trials are hard, people are determined to keep him locked away in their exclusive club. I just want all the characters so when my cousins come over we can play with everything.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Someone's name in CTR is ThicAstley.

I'm done.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is something I'm possibility considering for the fun of it but I plan to do a commentary on Detective Pikachu since I've found this site where I can watch movies of all years including those that are new.

Given how well liked the film was. I must say Detective Pikachu was a film I regretted not seeing in theaters and thought I'd take it as an opportunity for this kind of thing. When I'll get to it I don't know but I will announce it eventually.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The fact that it’s gotten to number 4 and people don’t think it sucks is proof that Pixar has some kind of black magic.

We’re actually taking the kids to see it during camp. I REALLY don’t want to see it but I have to stay in the theater with the kids.

Yeah. I just have to ignore them I guess.

I just want the codes so I can quickly unlock N. Tropy without doing the trials (like you could do in the OG). But because the trials are hard, people are determined to keep him locked away in their exclusive club. I just want all the characters so when my cousins come over we can play with everything.
Why would you not want to see it?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Someone on the Crash Facebook Group called me a snowflake for wanting all the cheat codes from the OG back.

Why has the cash banooca community adopted political slurs? Seriously, why are people so elitist when it comes to that game?
Alright invite me in there I wanna crash that person's day with some TNT Crates

all jokes aside, it's a really **** move. You wanted to have a wishlist and that's fine. I can understand the game is difficult from what I've heard as I can't really say anything about it yet. But I don't think it's about a community in general, but EVERY community has their toxic people. Best to just put them on block and ignore them.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone been thinking about the Ultimate Social thread?
No, not this.
The old one.
Those changes? Are they coming?
1562121835097.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Who the **** is this guy and where is he!? Tell me and I'll be sure to give him a piece of my mine! Nobody **** talks my friends this way! :hulk:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why would you not want to see it?
I just can’t stand the Disney Company and a majority of their products. They’re pretty much the villains in the entertainment industry right now and I don’t want to give the mouse any more money.

As for this movie specifically. Toy Story is like Star Wars to me. I’ve seen all the films, didn’t really like them, but sense no one would shut up about it and everyone thinks your Satan for not liking it, I grew bitter towards the franchise. To the point where I was rooting for this movie to be a big smelly garbage fire and I could finally feel vindicated.

I know this isn’t healthy, but then maybe everyone else should shut the **** up about ****ing Toy Story!

Alright invite me in there I wanna crash that person's day with some TNT Crates

all jokes aside, it's a really **** move. You wanted to have a wishlist and that's fine. I can understand the game is difficult from what I've heard as I can't really say anything about it yet. But I don't think it's about a community in general, but EVERY community has their toxic people. Best to just put them on block and ignore them.
Who the **** is this guy and where is he!? Tell me and I'll be sure to give him a piece of my mine! Nobody **** talks my friends this way! :hulk:
Awwww. Nice to know i’ve got some white knights. Hopefully that won’t change after I just went off on Toy Story. All joking aside, the mods there are doing their damndest to crack down on toxicity in the group. It’s just really hard to filter out.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Alright, watched spider man. Had some thoughts on the post credits scene.

I've got to admit, while I did expect Big Wheel to be the villain of Spider Man 3, I wasn't sure if he was going to be revealed this early. I couldn't quite tell in the theater, but I think he had the infinity wheel? I'll have to watch it again. I think Spider Man 3 is going to be really interesting if Peter has to take out a threat of this magnitude, definitely a lot of space for character development.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just can’t stand the Disney Company and a majority of their products. They’re pretty much the villains in the entertainment industry right now and I don’t want to give the mouse any more money.

As for this movie specifically. Toy Story is like Star Wars to me. I’ve seen all the films, didn’t really like them, but sense no one would shut up about it and everyone thinks your Satan for not liking it, I grew bitter towards the franchise. To the point where I was rooting for this movie to be a big smelly garbage fire and I could finally feel vindicated.

I know this isn’t healthy, but then maybe everyone else should shut the **** up about ****ing Toy Story!
That's really extreme. Too much for me.

I just like good movies, if they're made by Disney, then I'm ok with that. Disney makes most of the movies I like these days anyway.

Toy Story is one of only 2 franchises in my opinion that was able to be a perfect trilogy (the other being Back To The Future) and then they somehow did the impossible and made a fourth movie that is still just as good.

I don't think I'll ever understand demonizing a company for being a company.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Nothing hurts like almost making a comeback from a 2-stock deficit and then dying from a misinput.

I need to go put my control down for a little bit.
At least you didn't have this happen to you.

Roller coaster of emotion aside, the Ganon/my friend had it coming after having just said how "fun" they think the Snake match up is.

D

Deleted member

Someone hurt you?
PWUGH.gif

How dare they!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Roller coaster of emotion aside, the Ganon/my friend had it coming after having just said how "fun" they think the Snake match up is.
And on the 8th day God said "NOW!" and Ganondorf was dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Awwww. Nice to know i’ve got some white knights. Hopefully that won’t change after I just went off on Toy Story. All joking aside, the mods there are doing their damndest to crack down on toxicity in the group. It’s just really hard to filter out.
Here's how to weed them out

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
guess who just waited 30 minutes in line for chicken nuggets cause someone had to make a big smoke type of order right in front of me

:secretkpop:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tbh I like the new stuff in Sw/Sh, but honestly the direction GameFreak has taken since the 2D games has left me with a bit of disappointment. I still very much enjoy every game regardless, but when comparing the 3D games to the 2D games, there does seem to be something off currently.

For Sw/Sh itself, the graphics look pretty good imo but yeah that tree seems like it actually has less resolution than the N64 lol (N64 textures look pretty good imo but the tree looked bad), but it's just one tree. As for the berry tree, it didn't seem that bad to me, except for the weird lighting. While I don't mind the Kanto stuff, I do find it silly that Kanto gets the majority of some of the stuff (or all of it, in the case of the Alolan forms) instead of it being spread evenly.

And now, if that's true that GameFreak is making Town their #1 priority instead of the games for the biggest franchise in the world, that's pretty disappointing. Town looks interesting, but Pokemon shouldn't just be rushed or treated as less-important, that's ridiculous. I understand them wanting to do something else but goodness, it's the highest-grossing franchise with a bunch of different stuff and y'all insist on staying a small company. If y'all want to work on multiple projects, hire more people so that not only will it be easier for y'all, but also so y'all may have less problems with fans complaining about the quality.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I accidentally buffered a ledge roll right into Ganondorf's U-tilt.

I don't remember what percent I that felt like such a scrubby way to go out. I was playing as Dark Pit and could have easily stalled in the air with his multijump but my finger had to hit that r-button.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Tbh I like the new stuff in Sw/Sh, but honestly the direction GameFreak has taken since the 2D games has left me with a bit of disappointment. I still very much enjoy every game regardless, but when comparing the #D games to the 2D games, there does seem to be something off currently.

For Sw/Sh itself, the graphics look pretty good imo but yeah that tree seems like it's even less resolution than the N64 lol, but it's just one tree. As for the berry tree, it didn't seem that bad to me, except for the weird lighting. While I don't mind the Kanto stuff, I do find it silly that Kanto gets the majority of some of the stuff (or all of it, in the case of the Alolan forms) instead of it being spread evenly.

And now, if that's true that GameFreak is making Town their #1 priority instead of the games for the biggest franchise in the world, that's pretty disappointing. Town looks interesting, but Pokemon shouldn't just be rushed or treated as less-important, that's ridiculous. I understand them wanting to do something else but goodness, it's the highest-grossing franchise with a bunch of different stuff and y'all insist on staying a small company. If y'all want to work on multiple projects, hire more people so that not only will it be easier for y'all, but also so y'all may have less problems with fans complaining about the quality.
New things are nice, but not at the expense of great older features. Especially features that have been the backbone of the series since the beginning.

"Gotta Catch 'Em All!" *in every region but Galar...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
All this Sword and Shield talk just reminded me I’ve yet to complete Pokémon Black

Gonna speed it up and just cheat my way through by transferring my main team to white, train them to level 50, then send them back and wreck havoc

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Where are people getting the information that "Town" is Gamefreak's priority right now? Is there a source for that? Because it certainly doesn't feel like it's the main focus of their marketing.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I accidentally buffered a ledge roll right into Ganondorf's U-tilt.

I don't remember what percent I that felt like such a scrubby way to go out. I was playing as Dark Pit and could have easily stalled in the air with his multijump but my finger had to hit that r-button.
The match before this one I had my shield broken by Volcano Kick, and Ganondorf killed me at a flat 20%. The match lasted a minute & 10 seconds, ending with me spot dodging before a charged F-smash.

The number of times things buffered or I recovered too low/late stings just as much, but that one in particular felt like a statement. We all get those games/have those moments before we can bounce back.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
havent played smash bruddas in a good bit, honestly

little mac mains still suffering out here

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
frame 1 shoryuken beating out most counters is still hilarious to pull off

if only i knew how to even pull off shoryuken right half the time, i usually just **** and die

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
guess who just waited 30 minutes in line for chicken nuggets cause someone had to make a big smoke type of order right in front of me

:secretkpop:
Donald Trump

I’m sorry I wanted to make a joke about Trump

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...o_create_something_more_exciting_than_pokemon
"What that means is that Game Freak as a company is prioritising [Town], which is production team number one, more than Pokémon in general."
This kinda worries me, like they don't care as much about Pokemon anymore (I mean, they clearly still care, but...I dunno).

However, it also makes me think they may also try to make the next Pokemon games even more exciting than not just the previous ones, but even their other games like Town, so it's like their own cycle. Just the "always trying to make a game more exciting than Pokemon" statement throws me off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom