• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ooh, ooh, here, lemme do you all one better:

Animated remakes of live-action remakes of the original animated films. Shot for shot remake of the live-action versions. And even more changes to the writing.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bring it, potato head.

Why does it have two eye holes when the eyes pictured are conjoined? Also this is the first time I've seen one with separated shoes.

On that note it annoys me how Hasbro has never made a Toy Story-accurate Mr. Potato Head.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Why does it have two eye holes when the eyes pictured are conjoined? Also this is the first time I've seen one with separated shoes.

On that note it annoys me how Hasbro has never made a Toy Story-accurate Mr. Potato Head.
I imagine that with only one peg the eyes either wouldn't stay in very well or would end up tilting to one side

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I imagine that with only one peg the eyes either wouldn't stay in very well or would end up tilting to one side
But that's the thing, the real life Potato Heads only have one eyehole and both eyes are on the same peg. That's what makes it feel so weird to see it like the movie version hole-wise but not eye-wise.

D

Deleted member

I already knew that. I just thought I had the immune system equivalent of Thanos. I never get sick.
Well I'm a Joestar and I can confirm this via my machine I got from that one warehouse in France.
You're correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So on the topic of movies. I decided for the fun of it to make my own little series. :p

Inspired by the Villain Pub from HISHE. I had this funny idea of Brandon Breyer somewhat and somehow ending up at this pub where villains hang out and is cope by villains of cinema of this year (Brixton Lore, Grimmel the Grisly, Joker, King Ghidorah, Lord Piggot-Dunceby, Maleficent, Mr. Glass, Palpatine, Pennywise, Rex Dangervest, Scar, Thanos, etc.) how he wants to do good only to find out he can still do so while being a villain at the same time.

Palpatine points out to Brandon there's villains who does it for petty reasons (Lord Piggot-Dunceby, Rex Dangervest and Scar).

Then others who does it for the fun of it. The sake of just being evil (Joker, King Ghidorah, Maleficent, Palpatine himself and Pennywise).

Those that has their reasons (Mr. Glass).

And then last but not least villains just like Brandon himself thinking they're doing things for the greater good (Brixton Lore, Grimmel the Grisly much to King Ghidorah's chagrin and Thanos).

Realizing that he can still do good while being a villain. Brandon once more embraces his alien heritage and villainy but on a more positive note this time thanking his new friends accepting them as his new family being welcomed to the pub by all of them.
On another note continuing from my Villain Pub series. Brandon Breyer (Brightburn) being the main character and supporting characters being Brixton Lore, Grimmel the Grisly, Joker, King Ghidorah (Ni, Ichi and Kevin), Lord Piggot-Dunceby, Maleficent, Mr. Glass, Palpatine, Pennywise, Rex Dangervest, Scar and Thanos.

Ever since his new life. Brandon couldn't be much happier among friends he made whom he considers his new family and has became relatively popular with all of them treating him like one of their own. What makes things happier for him is Maleficent taking a motherly tenderness towards him due to the evil he shows and decides to adopt him as her son whom he happily embraces upon happening also becoming the mother he had always wanted accepting him for who he is and he wants to achieve in his goal. All the other villains at the pub celebrating this occurrence.

On top of Maleficent becoming his new mother. Ni becomes like the big fun cousin to Brandon. Ichi being the fun awesome uncle and Kevin being the baby brother whom Brandon loves to bond with trying to mold him into becoming like him. King Ghidorah, Maleficent and Palpatine also shows Brandon the ropes in how to be the most despicable given their experience in evilly.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Come to think of it, did any kid understand the joke with David Hasselhoff? Like, I know it's a Baywatch joke now, but when i was younger all I saw was some random guy doing a funny walk with funny music who shoots Spongebob and Patrick out of his ****.

In fact, did any kid know who David Hasselhoff was?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Since we're still somewhat on the topic of Disney live action remakes, one that i'd like to see re-imagined in some capacity is Atlantis: the lost empire. I know it's unlikely since it was a box office bomb like one of my other favorite Disney movies of the same era, Treasure Planet, but I think Atlantis could have good potential as a mini-series rather than a blockbuster. I'd love to see it a reimagining of it on something like Disney's new streaming service.

I always loved that movie, but I always felt it was too short. The side characters were absolutely amazing and hilarious, the designs were amazing both for Atlantis itself and the expedition's WW1 era tech machines. I just want a slower, more methodical retelling of the story, let us see Milo and Kida's romance bloom, make the expedition longer instead of an montage, get to see more of the side character and the city of Atlantis itself.

Seriously I love the designs from this movie

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Come to think of it, did any kid understand the joke with David Hasselhoff? Like, I know it's a Baywatch joke now, but when i was younger all I saw was some random guy doing a funny walk with funny music who shoots Spongebob and Patrick out of his ****.

My dad explained the joke to then-eight year old me, lol. He used to watch Baywatch back when it was on and my mom was sure he watched it only because of Pamela Anderson.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Half and half--I think I was 13 at the time, and while I didn't know who David Hasselhoff was, I knew it was a Baywatch joke (despite never having seen Baywatch). The stuff you learn through cultural osmosis.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

As a kid I didn’t get the baywatch joke, but I still found the absurdity of some real human talking to spongebob to be funny, along with how he “swims”, him getting stabbed in the ass, launching Spongebob and Patrick with his pecs, and getting fried by King Neptune to be hilarious as a kid.

Honestly they did a pretty good job of making him still funny even if you didn’t know who he was, his identity was mainly just an extra joke for the parents.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Whenever you get a crit or a KO in Sword and Shield the crowd goes wild, like a real stadium event

It’s the little touches that make Noipoi happy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Black cauldron or song of the south are now all live action.

Which is worse?

Graizen

Smash Champion
So
Digimon Universe , the last Digimon anime aired on Japanese TV
Had a episode were Agumon shoed up
He was a Video Game character
Happes that another Digimon used his powers to bring Video Games characters to life , and use as soldiers

Now

Look at the characters he used from Video Games :

D9yzgCQU0AAUwLk.jpg

Look , thats Marth
Fire Emblem was in Digimon
The girls is actually Mario
But a girl in this case just to be different

The Green one on the far left looks awfully Link like.

The Bear with a Barrel is representing DK
And the Bird with guns looks like a cowboy Falco
There is a Black Knight, he could be Meta Knight
And the little yellow Creature looks like a Mutated Pikachu

So he is actually using Smash Bros characters in a Digimon Anime

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So
Digimon Universe , the last Digimon anime aired on Japanese TV
Had a episode were Agumon shoed up
He was a Video Game character
Happes that another Digimon used his powers to bring Video Games characters to life , and use as soldiers

Now

Look at the characters he used from Video Games :

View attachment 229156

Look , thats Marth
Fire Emblem was in Digimon
The girls is actually Mario
But a girl in this case just to be different

The Green one on the far left looks awfully Link like.

The Bear with a Barrel is representing DK
And the Bird with guns looks like a cowboy Falco
There is a Black Knight, he could be Meta Knight
And the little yellow Creature looks like a Mutated Pikachu

So he is actually using Smash Bros characters in a Digimon Anime
Huh, funny how they tried to make all of the other characters lawyer friendly. But then just straight up have Marth lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom