• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Can't wait until we get live action Fantasia and live action Steamboat Willie

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm gonna try to stay hopeful for Lilo and Stich but I really doubt they'll be able to make the alien characters look any good. Some animated characters just can't translate well from 2D to 3D. Unless you make significant design changes but even then that could result in the loss of a lot of what made the original character so endearing.

As an example...Take a good look at what happened with the Cat in the Hat when they tried to put Thing 1 and Thing 2 into live-action form..."Shudder"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, I didn't mind the movie Oz: The Great and Powerful, because it was a prequel that didn't really fly in the face of the original. They tried to do their own thing with the Wizard of Oz, instead of remaking Dorthy's adventure, and I respect them for that
My issue with Oz: The Great and Powerful is that the Oz books always had women in the highest positions of power, save for the Wizard who turned out to be a sham all along. In that regard it was pretty progressive for its time.

So having Oz: The Great and Powerful have the Wizard as the main protagonist and making the female cast's motivations center a lot around him just felt kind of tone deaf to me. Like, they turned the Wicked Witch of the West, probably THE example of a powerful female villain, into a victim who only became herself after getting deceived by a man.

Just felt kinda bleh.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I just found out there's a Trump dating site and it's not called "Make America Date Again".

Come on guys it was right there.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 229138
If I had to witness my favorite Disney film get ruined already then you all have to suffer with me!!!
Actually, I think this was one of Disney's better live-action remakes. Do you want to know why? They tried sticking to the original as much as they could, adding only a few new things.

Compare that to Dumbo where you start wondering when the talking mouse will appear because there's absolutely no way they'd leave out such an important character, right?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All things considered though I'm still much more hopeful for Lilo and Stitch's remake than I am for Mulan's remake.

They've already given more than enough information about the changes made in the live-action Mulan to send that film to it's grave.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
All things considered though I'm still much more hopeful for Lilo and Stitch's remake than I am for Mulan's remake.

They've already given more than enough information about the changes made in the live-action Mulan to send that film to it's grave.
disney: "live action mulan remake"
people: "err ok"
disney: "also no make a man out of you"
people: "what is even the ****ing point then"

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Actually, I think this was one of Disney's better live-action remakes. Do you want to know why? They tried sticking to the original as much as they could, adding only a few new things.

Compare that to Dumbo where you start wondering when the talking mouse will appear because there's absolutely no way they'd leave out such an important character, right?
See, I feel the exact opposite.

I enjoyed Dumbo because it took the same character and told me a new story. Wasn't ground-breaking, but I enjoyed it, and at least it had a reason to exist.

Beauty and the Beast? It was an average by-the-numbers remake, that somehow managed to look like a cheap stage play for a lot of it's run-time. Seriously, THAT production design got nominated for an Oscar?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
disney: "live action mulan remake"
people: "err ok"
disney: "also no make a man out of you"
people: "what is even the ****ing point then"
I would love to say this summarizes the entirety of the film's problems, even as a joke, but I just can't. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

You know that's a bad sign when the loss of such a beloved and iconic Disney song is just ONE of the major problems with the film.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder, what are everyones ideas on why Be Prepared isnt in The live action lion king?

I think its because they dont wanna animated Hyenas goose stepping and the whole Scar imagry, which again makes sence in context.
I recall due to backlash of this it was added back in.

Still not seeing it though.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I would love to say this summarizes the entirety of the film's problems, even as a joke, but I just can't. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

You know that's a bad sign when the loss of such a beloved and iconic Disney song is just ONE of the major problems with the film.
in other words,

1561399548522.png

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Im fully convenced "Make A Man Out Of You" isnt in because of meaning of the song which makes sense in context
"this song sounds offensive"
I'm just waiting for them to announce that they've decided to make a new version to replace the old one: "Make a Woman Out of You".

I think the main issue is that the directors are flexing their creative muscles a little too much. People are expecting to see the movie they've come to love, but in live-action. Not something that looks like a fanfiction with OCs.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I found a new island seed and started over from square one. I'm still adjusting to not having full enchanted
diamond tools, but I'll get there.

The cool thing about this particular seed is that there is an Ocean Monument very close by, meaning that when I get the right tools for the job, I'm gonna drain and loot the entire thing. The island itself is sizable enough for a multitude of projects, so that's nice as well. No surface spawner like my last seed, but I'll manage without one for the time being.

Already have a diamond pickaxe though. And a small cow farm and wheat farm side to side. The small enclosure next to the cow farm is basically my home. You got two double chests filled with assorted loot, a stove and crafting table, naturally, and two barrels into the wall with a specific item list inside. One being food, the other being mining treasures.

I have enough obsidian to build a nether portal, but I have no armor, nor do I have any more iron. So before I go there, i want to do some strip mining and gather up on materials necessary.

So yeah. A new island, a new start.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thread's starting to head into "they're changing things to appease offended strawmen that we have no evidence of existing" territory and that sucks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm just waiting for them to announce that they've decided to make a new version to replace the old one: "Make a Woman Out of You".

I think the main issue is that the directors are flexing their creative muscles a little too much. People are expecting to see the movie they've come to love, but in live-action. Not something that looks like a fanfiction with OCs.
that would be even MORE offensive in hindsight

Also apologies if I’m not supposed to ask this but: is Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! banned again? His name isn’t blue even though he’s Premium

if it’s the case then careful friend don’t wanna rack up so many infraction points that u get a permanent one

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wonder, what are everyones ideas on why Be Prepared isnt in The live action lion king?

I think its because they dont wanna animated Hyenas goose stepping and the whole Scar imagry, which again makes sence in context.
Didn't they eventually say they'd be utilizing that song in the remake after all?

Either way, though, the initial news had me both flabbergasted and angry. Be Prepared is probably the de facto Disney villain song, imo. Beautifully composed, deliciously evil, dark, and it's the song of one of Disney's greatest animated villains, plus the original was sung by Jeremy Irons who did a fantastic job (well, him and Jim Cummings, who had to take over for the very last verse. Always thought that was a neat piece of trivia. His impression of Irons is seriously uncanny.)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wouldn't surprise me. Given The Last Jedi and Captain Marvel. Two movies that reeks of feminism.

That exact moment when you realize that Mothra is an even better, more relatable and 'stronger female character' then Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel combined.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
While you're here from the grave, I saw Kakegurui season 2 just released.

Gonna watch it?
You know it. Haven't gotten around to it yet, because there have been a bunch of games coming out recently that I'm trying to get through before anything else, but it's definitely on my to-do list.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wouldn't surprise me. Given The Last Jedi and Captain Marvel. Two movies that reeks of feminism.

That exact moment when you realize that Mothra is an even better, more relatable and 'stronger female character' then Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel combined.
Aaaaaaand there it is.

Gonna head out for now for my own sake.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thread's starting to head into "they're changing things to appease offended strawmen that we have no evidence of existing" territory and that sucks.
Eh, today I saw someone saying Netflix is ruled by the LGBT agenda and they deliberately changed the Evangelion line to fake oppression of the LGBT to put them in power and take over America so it's not the worst I've seen

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
So is it just on the OST and not in the movie or is it in the movie and OST?
It's listed in the soundtrack in the middle where it would appear in the film along with all the other songs. That combined with the rumor that they caved and added it back in makes me believe it's featured in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom