• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They make things way too easy for players nowadays. I remember having an actual challenge to do things when I first played. Now everything is giftwrapped to players. This is sad honestly.
Considering that GF and TPCI is pushing Pokemon to be ESports (in case if it wasn't already), accessability is the name of the game this time around. More accessable = More Players = More Money.
This is strange.

Most people in the speculation thread are saying it was boring, but people in here are hype for it.

Hopefully this DLC improves SwSh.
It was fine. It was mostly a reveal date trailer + extra goodies. There was some noteworthg stuff in the trailer but they're still holding back because there's still a bunch of stuff we don't know.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why couldn't the Dynamax Adventures have been routes instead of just battles and a glorified menu? Sighs. Also.. like... what's the story here? The Isle had a pretty straightforward one, training up Kubfu, but at least it had one.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1601387490888.png
1601387513059.png

Ain't gonna lie that does sound tempting but I've been put off by Pokemon in recent years for various reasons.

Also still sad that they didn't include Ireland inspired location for DLC with Galar being based on the UK. The Isle of Man had to get it.

No smash, no dash :secretkpop:

Smash news does tend to come right after Pokemon stuff though so it's likely CP7 is on the horizon. It's really just when now.
And I will have the perfect gif for it once it is announced,

I have a massive feeling it will be shadowdropped now or day before.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why couldn't the Dynamax Adventures have been routes instead of just battles and a glorified menu? Sighs. Also.. like... what's the story here? The Isle had a pretty straightforward one, training up Kubfu, but at least it had one.
I think the Peony guy sets you up to uncover mysteries in the Tundra or something, I guess it involves the new legendaries and Birb Trio forms.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh, here's something interesting.

You can't use your own Pokemon for the Dynamax dens. You use rental Pokemon, like in Stadium and Coliseum.

Now that's interesting. Switch things up.
Now watch as the AI still uses their standard Mons.

If there's no AI for the Dynamax dens I'm not sure how I'd be able to participate since I haven't been able to do one Raid Battle online since launch.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well we can mark today off.

There's still tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday (Which could then lead to a Monday presentation) otherwise its next week were likely looking at.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
whatever happened with Pokémon MasterSEX and Sword/Shield good for them...but that doesn’t make me feel better for being so dumb over your stunt Ducktales

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Its new ability is Curious Medicine, which resets all stat changes when it enters the battle.
I've never even played competitive pokemon but that ability.. that just smells like a terrible idea. (pun not intended lol)
Apparently the website says it only applies the effect to allies.

This is strange.

Most people in the speculation thread are saying it was boring, but people in here are hype for it.

Hopefully this DLC improves SwSh.
Once you're on an opinionated Web forum long enough, eventually you'll learn that everyone hates everything.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Have you ever tried opening a new tab and then putting in the same website you are on in the other tab?

I just did it twice from reading the BBC. And did it 10 minutes earlier from reading Gematsu.

Well I spilled my guts out over the course of 20 minutes. Hopefully nothing bad happens after that because now I kinda feel at peace.
I know the feeling being that sick or being so bad you get hallucinations when you're trying to lie down.

Hope you get better well my friend.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The Dynamax den thing is really dumb. I was planning on Nuzlocking SWSH when all the DLC was out, and fighting the legendaries seemed like excellent post-game challenge. Now that's off the table.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well that was a lie, everything is back in pain but I have the energy to sit and type on a computer at least, so I can type a paper that way lmao

I know the feeling being that sick or being so bad you get hallucinations when you're trying to lie down.
I wasn't hallucinating but I was having really bad hot flashes and chills. Going to get driven to a clinic in about 10 - 30 minutes.

It could just be a stomach virus like the one I got and for some reason documented here two years ago. No seriously, there's a picture of me with a lot of prescriptions in last year's social thread. Or maybe it was this one, I don't know lol

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also Happy 8th Anniversary to the GREATEST TMNT SHOW OF ALL TIME!!!!
12669156-19FC-4919-A322-554FAC22D486.jpeg

BOOYAKASHA AND COWABUNGA DUDES
ECDC0D97-97F4-437E-AF83-6BC573000C19.jpeg
253D0843-E895-437D-8DBF-9EF340F26043.jpeg
22668C28-2623-4C5B-B2D1-C4B97E5B8709.jpeg
39F6ABCC-424D-4AD7-943B-859FE816F4F8.jpeg

I still miss you at times awesome show from Nickelodeon

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

This is actual garbage lmao

Dutch Raikuna

So have went and did a bit more story work today.

Feels like I need a better way to gel everything together. In a way despite it being two years, this is still my first attempt at making a story fully. Giving myself a challenge and try to write each Arc's description within a paragraph each.

Edit: Man if it weren't for severe trust issues I'd share it here.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Classic Niantic.

D

Deleted member

Do you ever just farm for hours for one rare item, hoping it will help you for an invasion you have to do 13 times, and then a harder version of the invasion just for a strong weapon you really want?
1601394183224.png

That is Terraria.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Of course this is how they do it lmao
Getting coins was fairly easy last time I played but it's just... why?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Do you ever just farm for hours for one rare item, hoping it will help you for an invasion you have to do 13 times, and then a harder version of the invasion just for a strong weapon you really want?
View attachment 287251
That is Terraria.
Terraria's awesome. I'm glad they upped the difficulty too, though I havent played it much since they did, but definitely some time in the future.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
haven't played Go in awhile, what happened?
Monetizing everything
Garbage mechanics such as Mega Evolutions
Disasterous festivals and community days
Features locked behind walking caps and paywalls
Have to pay to hold just 50 extra Pokemon

And now, possibly monetizing transfering to Home when Lets Go and SwSh transfering to Home are completely free

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't let the Pokemon news distract you from the fact Nintendo's best game this year is getting the spook update tonight.

If I may, here's my all time favorite AC video to celebrate:

Tagging Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo 'cause Animal Crossing content.
im so ready to get spooky

Dutch Raikuna

Monetizing everything
Garbage mechanics such as Mega Evolutions
Disasterous festivals and community days
Features locked behind walking caps and paywalls
Have to pay to hold just 50 extra Pokemon

And now, possibly monetizing transfering to Home when Lets Go and SwSh transfering to Home are completely free
Is it sad to admit that I have never played Pokemon Go?

Still when it came it out, it really made the world turn on it's head for a month. Remember seeing this on YT.

If only that crazy hype was a lot longer but then Niantic got greedy or something?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Remember when including past legendaries into the game was a cool novelty?

Ever since ORAS they pretty much just give most of them to you in every major game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom