• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I am experiencing transphobia yet again.

Someone kept on telling me I wasn't a female, because I just said "Hi." and my voice sounds a bit masculine.

One thing to note is that I never told them I was trans. I told them I am a cis female, because I am a bit concerned on how I will be treated.

This is one reason why I'm depressed. I feel very sick right now.

I'll play Terraria to cheer myself up, but I almost want to cry.

Edit: Before all of you say, "Why are you walking into a hornet's nest?", I am not. I am just in a Discord server based on a game that I enjoy. I am not doing this to troll right-wingers.

The worst part is that it's hard to sympathize with me, because I have antagonized all of you in the past.

This is rough.
I had to edit it a million times, but I am finished. :/

Anyways, hopefully Terraria and the 3D Mario Collection Pack can cheer me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Looking for paid VO work. Hoo boy.

If anyone sees a casting call or actually has anything they’re willing to pay for, feel free to shoot me a DM! :)

D

Deleted member

I made a thing
sketch1599147518495 (1).png

Tried to go for more of an humanoid and deviate a bit from my usual stuff... it went decently well I guess.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Guys you know have real family issues when you are afraid to eat chocolate pudding when your siblings are outside your bedroom door on the chance they come in and criticise you. Also hey it's been three months now since they've stopped talking to me! Nice for better or worse.

Anyways, thinking of watching anime but thinking about what.

Edit: They have went and the pudding was good by the way.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Apparently digital too; found in their replies:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Tbh making a digital copy be limited time is really stupid. You can’t pretend to have limited availability with that, and no one likes “limited time” as if it’s some kind of exciting event :/
Eh. I already own every 3D Mario included, so it's no big deal for me personally (heck, the "upgrades" they're including can be replicated easily on Dolphin, so yeah), but this is lame for people who don't own the originals. Really hoping they rethink their stance on this and the Mario Battle Royale game. Limited time deals are lame, it's not the 90's anymore: no one likes that crud.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Someone kept on telling me I wasn't a female, because I just said "Hi." and my voice sounds a bit masculine.

One thing to note is that I never told them I was trans. I told them I am a cis female, because I am a bit concerned on how I will be treated.

Edit: Before all of you say, "Why are you walking into a hornet's nest?", I am not. I am just in a Discord server based on a game that I enjoy. I am not doing this to troll right-wingers.

The worst part is that it's hard to sympathize with me, because I have antagonized all of you in the past.

This is rough.
Those kind of people can f*** right off.
I’m not trans but I am gay and I deal with homophobia all the time so I sort of know what you’re feeling.
Feel free to dm me if you need to talk.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts on the Mario Direct:

Cool stuff. 3D World w/ new campaign(?) is interesting, Super Mario Bros. Battle Royale is lol but seems fun, Making a Mario Kart track around your own house or wherever is honestly pretty cool and wE FINALLY GOT COMFIRMATION OF THE 3D ALL STARS COLLECTION!!! Though i agree the limited edition thing is kinda bs.....

All in all, pretty cool stuff. :kirby:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

This is rough.
A lot about being trans is hard. It might've been better to say you're trans, but who knows there's people who don't accept in quite a few places.
I hope you have friends who support you, remember them because they're the ones that count most. The rest, I know it's hard to ignore, sometimes you need to get through some things, but they're not the ones that matter.
hug

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A lot about being trans is hard. It might've been better to say you're trans, but who knows there's people who don't accept in quite a few places.
I hope you have friends who support you, remember them because they're the ones that count most. The rest, I know it's hard to ignore, sometimes you need to get through some things, but they're not the ones that matter.
hug
I am sorry to be a downer, but I often drive away the close friends I have, because I know I am a pain to deal with at times.

I have a few other friends, but I don't think they are well educated on my issues.

I should probably stop this, because I don't want to cause drama.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am sorry to be a downer, but I often drive away the close friends I have, because I know I am a pain to deal with at times.

I have a few other friends, but I don't think they are well educated on my issues.

I should probably stop this, because I don't want to cause drama.
I know it's hard hun.

Big reveal time (actually I posted about it once but deleted it)
I'm trans.

I kinda figured what's the point of talking about it on a gaming site, but I don't really care anymore. If ever you want to talk don't be shy to pm me. I could as well sometime. hug

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Watching the Direct now. A Super Mario Bros. battle royale seems like a good fit, though I find it baffling that it's only going to be available for less than six months. (the same thing goes for the Mario 3D All-Stars, apparently, though at least Nintendo already has a history of doing that with the Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii, Super Mario All-Stars on the Wii, and the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition on the Gamecube, so it's not like that's unheard of, even if it still seems incredibly anti-consumer)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

This is rough.
Honestly I don't understand the hate on gender and stuff. I say this from someone who is anorexic and with depression.
As mentioned the other day, I grew up having to accept people from another side of the conflict my parents went through. Only natural I accept others regardless of their ethnicity, beliefs or gender.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Huh, I can buy DMC3: Special Edition on the E-shop, thanks to reduction on the price (5 hours later, it be too costy I think).

Should I take it or not?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Super Mario Galaxy 2 didn’t even show up in the history thing.

Oof. Strange, Nintendo...
I think any game with the number 2 didn't get shown. Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Land 2, New Super Mario Bros 2, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii U weren't shown in the history thing either.

I'm very curious on what the new content for Super Mario 3D World will be.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Huh, I can buy DMC3: Special Edition on the E-shop, thanks to reduction on the price (5 hours later, it be too costy I think).

Should I take it or not?
It's one of the best action games ever made and the Switch version has some neat additions/quality of life changes, so yes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's literally the best version of the game so go for it
It's one of the best action games ever made and the Switch version has some neat additions/quality of life changes, so yes.
If that's so.

Probably won't play it too much atm, buut will play when I got the time/mood.

EDIT: I also know there's apparantly a game-breaking glitch with the co-op, sooooo will avoid that lol.

EDIT 2: The gamebreaking glitch as been fixed actually, so ignore the previous edit LoL.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think any game with the number 2 didn't get shown. Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Land 2, New Super Mario Bros 2, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii U weren't shown in the history thing either.

I'm very curious on what the new content for Super Mario 3D World will be.
Yeah I realized that a while ago. It’s very weird; why don’t they count the sequels? Is that why the 3D collection feels like it’s missing something? SMG2 would’ve made it mirror the original All-Stars, but I guess the original sequels are the only ones that count in their eyes for some reason...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
An alright direct. This is coming from someone who's indifferent to Mario overall.

That said I may pick up the 3D collection as 3D Mario's are pretty fun.

Other than that the only other relevent thing for me personally is the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles X is the final big game that is currently trapped on the Wii U. 2021 plz!!

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Two questions:

1) Why does it look like Super Mario 64 and Sunshine are running at 30 frames per second still when Odyssey runs at 60.
2) How the hell did they get FLUDD to work on Switch without analog triggers?

They did show that the Joycons can be used to emulate/substitute the Wii Remote, which is something I've always figured they could do, but I don't think it's been done yet. That's exciting, because it means that similar ports could happen in the future for games that depend on those features like Galaxy does.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Everyone's asking where's Galaxy 2, but 3D Land is also missing too.

Or do we not care for 3D Land.
Nintendo: We have a system to play our 3DS titles. It's called the Nintendo 2DS.

For those curious, yes this is a reference to that one Xbox E3.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Bald Mountain Creature.

Lost Tapes: "Bald Mountain Creature"
Subject matter: Crazy Critter of Bald Mountain
Summary: Nearly 30 years after the events that supposedly occurred on Bald Mountain in Lewis County, Washington. A similar event begins to happen leading to NASA and the United States Air Force to investigate and restrict the entire location. A couple of local residents knowing the story decades ago goes to investigate to uncover the truth all while trying to avoid detection from the government officials.

I owe credit to my fellow kaiju brethren Mamboo07 Mamboo07 for suggesting this cryptid. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Everyone's asking where's Galaxy 2, but 3D Land is also missing too.

Or do we not care for 3D Land.
I didn’t even think about that; tbh I never played 3D Land but it would’ve been cool to try out.

I guess Nintendo just considers 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy as their main prized 3D games and doesn’t care about the others besides World and Odyssey for some dumb reason :S

Also remember that “fake” mario35th twitter account?

Yeah it was real:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom