• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If the only thing you take away from this:

I don't hate Geno, I physically can't hate Geno. I've never played his game, so I have no strong opinion on the character one way or another, so hey, if he's in, cool, if he's not, alright that sucks.

But I just find the thread weird, and a bit crazy.
That's fine, and I agree. People do take it too far there, but other support threads are the exact same. Banjo's was the same. K Rool's, too. I was there for both of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What'd you want me to say? It's gender-neutral.
Using they on its own just feels like an accusation if you post there a lot. Like, I certainly ain't saying the **** the thread's been accused of. That's why I said some or most, just saying a specific thread is just gonna target everyone.

Also this guy already said the other half

Will was telling Shroob to not include him on his side in the matter.
This topic in itself is kinda dangerous, we should stop while we're ahead before mods snipe us off the face of the planet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Using they on its own just feels like an accusation if you post there a lot. Like, I certainly ain't saying the **** the thread's been accused of. That's why I said some or most, just saying a specific thread is just gonna target everyone.

Also this

This topic in itself is kinda dangerous, we should stop while we're ahead before mods snipe us off the face of the planet.
In that case, I'm sorry. I just tend to use "they" for everything nowadays.
I am glad you guys have been civil about it. If I was in any other thread, I'd get a condescending comment sent my way with 10+ likes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think its clear that the comments on the Geno thread have gone past criticism and into grudge territory.

Let's stop.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In that case, I'm sorry. I just tend to use "they" for everything nowadays.
No hard feels, it's chill.

1594282688308.png

This is a big website, people will obvs have differences between other small sectors of the forum. As long as we all aren't hostile, coexisting is easy breezy.

D

Deleted member

I just want fanbases to co-exist. I don't want to be seen as a cultist simply because I like a character in a video game. There are characters I don't want in Smash, but I have never once bullied their fanbases into thinking they will never happen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just want fanbases to co-exist. I don't want to be seen as a cultist simply because I like a character in a video game. There are characters I don't want in Smash, but I have never once bullied their fanbases into thinking they will never happen.
Some people are just too stubborn on both ends.

D

Deleted member

Some people are just too stubborn on both ends.
Yeah :/ Especially when folks haven't even played the game related to that character. Just go on to hate the character because they're popular or want them to be Mii costume'd to spite the fanbase.

Works both ways. People bandwagoning a character because of leaks or memes can also be toxic. I think Dante is a prominent example, but I have nothing against that fanbase.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
How do you think I feel? I'd be ruining the "purity" and "consistency" of a game where 7 Chroms on the victory screen doesn't require 7 Chrom players and "third-party hype" of a pass that started with Min Min by wanting Isaac.

D

Deleted member

How do you think I feel? I'd be ruining the "purity" and "consistency" of a game where 7 Chroms on the victory screen doesn't require 7 Chrom players and "third-party hype" of a pass that started with Min Min by wanting Isaac.
I hope you get Isaac, some day. I feel the same way with Shadow and Dixie.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And here after not hearing it yesterday I'll had hopes that my neighbours got rid of Shih Tzus. Alas it was not to be. So I'll stay up for a few hours until my phonecalls out of the way.

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna I binged re:zero and finished the first season XD It's past 3 am now tho :p

Hope y'all having fun one way or another. gnight.
Good. Good. Makes me happy to see another person watch an anime I've seen.

I'm liking this new guy's morals.

I was planning to send Smashing Ramen a profile post asking them to take me out of the AMA list at least until I returned from my summer break as I realized that would be easier than starting my summer break after my AMA happens.

... But seeing how the thread right now is in a shaky situation and I might have part of the blame for that (hopefully just my anxiety and not true doh)... I'll think I'll wait some hours until things cool down so I can post what I had planned when things go back to being smooth as in some hours ago.
You're not on a break from our Discords chat. Not allowing.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I really only want Geno because of my nostalgic attachment to his game of origin and the sweet tunes that could come with his inclusion.

The actual character does almost nothing for me, tbh.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Oh yeah, **** the earthquake theory in partucular. **** was mad disrespectful and made no sense to begin with, and then they acted like they swapped out the Isaac and Isabelle trailers when it wasn't Isaac, even though the trailer placement was intentional because it revealed a new AC game at the same time.

I can't believe people actually thought, "Yeah, this makes sense" after that, and this is coming from someone who WANTS Isaac in.
honestly i kinda hate the earthquake theory in retrospect, not just because it was crazy disrespectful, but because it forever left a stain on us that people still bring up to this day in an attempt to go "haha isaac fans bad amirite"

it's pretty much one of the main reasons why being an isaac fan kinda sucks nowadays

Dutch Raikuna

I'll answer another round or so over the next hour. Then I'll come back by mid afternoon and probably do a final port of call. I'll be ending it once more with a George Carlin quote or Kino's Journey.

I really only want Geno because of my nostalgic attachment to his game of origin and the sweet tunes that could come with his inclusion.
The actual character does almost nothing for me, tbh.
Not quoting for the quote but for the pfp as you went to a great character. Very good taste.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm surprised their's one thing people haven't asked me about but I'll leave it to your imagination.

Stan Edea Bravely for Smash.
Good choice!

I'm going to wait until one or two more people ask on the AMA and then I'll answer your question. Just waiting on a phonecall.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, but I need that break seriously.

I need to fight anxiety and a lot of other personal concerns of mine and for that I need a good time off the internet.

Hopefully you understand.
This isn't how I wanted my last Smashboards day before the Summer break to end like.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m sorry, but this is seriously controlling. If JD needs a break, he’s going to take a break. Just let him do it for the sake of his mental health. I really hope you don’t try telling your friends what they can and can’t do like this regularly. This isn’t okay.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I'm sorry, but I need that break seriously.
I need to fight anxiety and a lot of other personal concerns of mine and for that I need a good time off the internet.
Hopefully you understand.
This isn't how I wanted my last Smashboards day before the Summer break to end like.
It's fine there. You guys should know I'm joking. It's your life dude and come back when you need to.

I’m sorry, but this is seriously controlling. If JD needs a break, he’s going to take a break. Just let him do it for the sake of his mental health. I really hope you don’t try telling your friends what they can and can’t do like this regularly. This isn’t okay.
Bloody hell guys. My tongue might have been wrong here.

I'm Irish, you know I'm joking and I don't need the s for it. Unless your a troll.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Actually @JDCabrera clarify me on Discord about it. Cause it's a little confusing.

Like doing something like that is a big as hell commitment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually @JDCabrera clarify me on Discord about it. Cause it's a little confusing.

Like doing something like that is a big as hell commitment.
It's quite simple.

After making my big planned post about my break I will directly go to Discord and Twitter, log off in my accounts there and delete the apps until the second week of September so I can force myself to not access.

Although I will wait maybe until tonight or tomorrow for that post... Because this day has sucked for me in a lot of ways and I need to process It all.

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera Hope your break goes well! If you ever wanna chat on Discord, feel free to shoot me a PM. :)

EDIT: Oops, only just now saw your new post.

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera Hope your break goes well! If you ever wanna chat on Discord, feel free to shoot me a PM. :)

EDIT: Oops, only just now saw your new post.
I really appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.

Gonna wait until my big post as I really want to leave out one key last post (not one with bad intentions, although maybe too positivist at the moment after the events from this morning, so I want to time It with a moment where the thread is more calm).

Dutch Raikuna

It's quite simple.

After making my big planned post about my break I will directly go to Discord and Twitter, log off in my accounts there and delete the apps until the second week of September so I can force myself to not access.

Although I will wait maybe until tonight or tomorrow for that post... Because this day has sucked for me in a lot of ways and I need to process It all.
Tell me about on Discord or something. And honestly I've tried the same some time back. Log offs, delete accounts and such. And I came back after a fortnight maximum.

Just from experience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tell me about on Discord or something. And honestly I've tried the same some time back. Log offs, delete accounts and such. And I came back after a fortnight maximum.

Just from experience.
Yeah, I remember.

But I feel positive I can pull this out, as I am an easily busy person with the work I do IRL and all the times I go out of home.

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, I remember.

But I feel positive I can pull this out, as I am an easily busy person with the work I do IRL and all the times I go out of home.
No offence but how are you so busy for your age? I'm sitting at home and doing nothing but creative writing and talking to you guys.

D

Deleted member

No offence but how are you so busy for your age? I'm sitting at home and doing nothing but creative writing and talking to you guys.
Doing some housework such as cleaning, taking part in cooking, doing the chores, doing some errands (not sure if that's the word) of my parents, cleaning up the house, preparing stuff for when my friends come home Next week (yes, we had to delay It today and that's what I was referring to when I said this is being a bad day), organizing my money to make sure my father didn't steal any euro as in the last time, cleaning up my collections from dust, organizing the stuff I have, having to go with my mother to another part of the island to deal with stuff involving my grandfather and other family members...

...And It could honestly keep going.

And yeah, then my family calls me a lazy ass person even when to this day I'm still doing all of this in a single day.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looked at the datamining of The Isle of Armor. The amount of The Crown Tundra leaks in it are quite staggering.

I would have thought Game Freak would have learned from the Sun/Moon demo but I guess not.

Dutch Raikuna

Doing some housework such as cleaning, taking part in cooking, doing the chores, doing some errands (not sure if that's the word) of my parents, cleaning up the house, preparing stuff for when my friends come home Next week (yes, we had to delay It today and that's what I was referring to when I said this is being a bad day), organizing my money to make sure my father didn't steal any euro as in the last time, cleaning up my collections from dust, organizing the stuff I have, having to go with my mother to another part of the island to deal with stuff involving my grandfather and other family members...

...And It could honestly keep going.

And yeah, then my family calls me a lazy ass person even when to this day I'm still doing all of this in a single day.
Everyday though? Non-stop? For two months is over a bit much, I suppose.

*Sighs* Maybe it's me as a friend just not wanting you to go away. Especially when to me it's a friend from on here who's played such an important role since I came to the forum. You, Wademan94 Wademan94 , DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and the others are good friends of mine and the first online friends I've had. It's the classic when one leaves the rest drift away kinda of thing that worries me as it's happened before. I'm saying this on a forum but it's been a fear of mine.

Still, I've been thinking of taking a pseudo break for a while but don't know when, maybe next month. Go here less often but still talk to Wade almost everyday to keep ourselves on the ball of our projects and such. Plus I like to talk to people and hence why I really try and keep chats as active as possible.

And despite the wrongs you keep saying, you earning the friendship of someone from hundreds of miles from you is definitely something you've done right. It's your choice JD and I'm respecting it. It'll be a temporary goodbye and I'm a bit sad from it. Still you know where I am.

Me worrying about a person so much who I've never met IRL. Bloody hell.......times have changed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looked at the datamining of The Isle of Armor. The amount of The Crown Tundra leaks in it are quite staggering.

I would have thought Game Freak would have learned from the Sun/Moon demo but I guess not.
Yeah, it seems a bit careless. Maybe it was originally going to be just one package? I mean, it is already, you can't buy them separately.

D

Deleted member

Ok, just did the last thing I wanted to do at Discord (downloading something involving the SM64 PC port with the help of a friend there).

Sometime tonight I will post the big thing and then start my break until the second week of September.

This day may have started bad, but I can still make It end better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom