• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well crap, I feel even worse for you know. That's rough, my dude.
Nah man it's grand. Gotta remember my better days will be ahead. There will be a day where I'm not underweight, not dealing with family, in a routine and all the more.
Just gonna be some time before then.
Plus I've got a few of you guys on Discord like @JDCabrera and Wademan94 Wademan94 to talk to as well as my two IRL friends.

However this is the place more for the lighthearted stories when they are wanted to share. Like I live on telling them.
Stories about food fights, angry security guards, idiots I've encountered and more. Got around 50 at least.

Still it is funny how much I feel comfortable talking to some guys here, despite not being from where I am and thus some jokes and mentality don't come across the same way sometimes.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright, I think that's enough for now.

But I have accomplished a lot methinks, so that's good.

What started as a day I was planning to be my last ended with me sitting on my fatass playing a video game, and enjoying myself.

It's not much, but at this point, I need just about anything to keep my spirits high.

D

Deleted member

Nah man it's grand. Gotta remember my better days will be ahead. There will be a day where I'm not underweight, not dealing with family, in a routine and all the more.
Just gonna be some time before then.
Plus I've got a few of you guys on Discord like @JDCabrera and Wademan94 Wademan94 to talk to as well as my two IRL friends.

However this is the place more for the lighthearted stories when they are wanted to share. Like I live on telling them.
Stories about food fights, angry security guards, idiots I've encountered and more. Got around 50 at least.

Still it is funny how much I feel comfortable talking to some guys here, despite not being from where I am and thus some jokes and mentality don't come across the same way sometimes.
I would seriously like to share fun life
stories around here too.

Sadly between my current depression and the Big possibility people here only seem to care about my stories when they have the number 4 associated does make me lack a lot of motivation to tell them.

If people did really want to I could even talk about why I find Mr.Potato the real villain of Toy Story 1 after rewatching the movie yesterday.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Alright, I think that's enough for now.

But I have accomplished a lot methinks, so that's good.

What started as a day I was planning to be my last ended with me sitting on my fatass playing a video game, and enjoying myself.

It's not much, but at this point, I need just about anything to keep my spirits high.
what is your native fruit and do you have nintendo online

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wild Guns is sick. It's taking some time to get decent at it, but its really fun. Still rusty as hell in Mario World.

And I finished every rift in MUA3. Unfortunately I'm still a hexagon and a half from getting that 4th ISO-8 slot. Maybe I'll do a story mode run with a different team to pull that off, get some stuff and level them up naturally along the way too.

Dutch Raikuna

I would seriously like to share fun life
stories around here too.

Sadly between my current depression and the Big possibility people here only seem to care about my stories when they have the number 4 associated does make me lack a lot of motivation to tell them.
I think you should you find a big audience like that on the Discord. You can always share.
Why am I emphasising the group chat recently a lot? Cause you have people and again if you want to get more people there as well.

Plus my IRL friend wants me to tell a really good story but needs a big audience.

You guys here will probably like hearing a story about an angry security guard threatening to beat the **** out of 24 young adults for suspecting them breaking an elevator.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think you should you find a big audience like that on the Discord. You can always share.
Why am I emphasising the group chat recently a lot? Cause you have people and again if you want to get more people there as well.

Plus my IRL friend wants me to tell a really good story but needs a big audience.

You guys here will probably like hearing a story about an angry security guard threatening to beat the **** out of 24 young adults for suspecting them breaking an elevator.
The last time I told a live story here about how Animal Crossing City Folk saved my day once nobody really seemed to have cared about It or even read it.

So we either make a whole thread about funny life experiences for people who do want to read them or we may be screwed here.

Dutch Raikuna

The last time I told a live story here about how Animal Crossing City Folk saved my day once nobody really seemed to have cared about It or even read it.

So we either make a whole thread about funny life experiences for people who do want to read them or we may be screwed here.
Like again I want to tell some stories but think it'll get buried and no offence to some but it does annoy me.
Its a similar reason as to why I created the Personal Project Showcase but that became somewhat quiet. Annoyed of some things getting buried all the time.

I still think 99% of yous are great people and 5% are in the legend category but still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like again I want to tell some stories but think it'll get buried and no offence to some but it does annoy me.
Its a similar reason as to why I created the Personal Project Showcase but that became somewhat quiet. Annoyed of some things getting buried all the time.

I still think 99% of yous are grey people and 5% are in the legend category but still.
Yeah, like I doubt anyone here is a bad person and in fact feel they tend to have thoughts to which I agree with.

But I don't know what It is between you and I that It seems we just can't click as well for them as they do for us.

Maybe It is our depressive tendencies? Or the way we react to some stuff?
I don't know, but It does saddens me when I write a big post about a funny experience from my past or share something cool which happened to me... Just so people kinda run over our posts as if they are just wind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, like I doubt anyone here is a bad person and in fact feel they tend to have thoughts to which I agree with.
But I don't know what It is between you and I that It seems we just can't click as well for them as they do for us.
Honestly I can understand the serious stories given it is a forum and can understand that its not a great place.

Social Thread for me is three things.

1. Showing anything new with myself.

2. Making horrible puns and jokes with a few guys here.

3. Tell some weird ass stories that has happened to me. And to get the reactions. Not the ideal place but better than somewhere like Reddit.
Plus I promised one of my IRL friends that'll continue sharing them.

I get annoyed with some posts getting buried and same for others.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I can understand the serious stories given it is a forum and can understand that its not a great place.

Social Thread for me is three things.

1. Showing anything new with myself.

2. Making horrible puns and jokes with a few guys here.

3. Tell some weird ass stories that has happened to me. And to get the reactions. Not the ideal place but better than somewhere like Reddit.
Plus I promised one of my IRL friends that'll continue sharing them.

I get annoyed with some posts getting buried and same for others.
Yeah, I get you on that.

Still, the best part about sharing funny live stories is to see the people hearing/reading them reacting and getting invested in the story.

When that doesn't happen... It does leave one empty after spending some time writing the whole thing just so It gets buried.

I insist, maybe not many people here may be able to understand what I'm saying perfectly because I'm spanish and my English isn't perfect... But I do completely share your feelings and understand your frustrations regarding the thread not taking notice of your funny life stories (which I tend to find kinda funny).

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, I get you on that.

Still, the best part about sharing funny live stories is to see the people hearing/reading them reacting and getting invested in the story.

When that doesn't happen... It does leave one empty after spending some time writing the whole thing just so It gets buried.

I insist, maybe not many people here may be able to understand what I'm saying perfectly because I'm spanish and my English isn't perfect... But I do completely share your feelings and understand your frustrations regarding the thread not taking notice of your funny life stories (which I tend to find kinda funny).
You guys will understand my stories eventually. And its connected to why I like talking about where I am from a lot.

Some of us live on telling stories and honestly I wish we could all tell them better than each other.
I'll be here a bit longer despite 4am in Ireland.

D

Deleted member

You guys will understand my stories eventually. And its connected to why I like talking about where I am from a lot.

Some of us live on telling stories and honestly I wish we could all tell them better than each other.
I'll be here a bit longer despite 4am in Ireland.
Yeah, It is 3:58am where I live and I feel I will stay up some more time too.

Recently I've had messy sleep schedules.

I wish I could tell the Mr.Potato thing and people read It out, because while It may sound silly at first I actually have good arguments to prove he was in a sense the main villain of the first Toy Story.

Shroob

Sup?
What makes you say that? Admittedly, I had no experience with the Spyro series before playing the trilogy on the Switch, and I've only beaten the first game in that trilogy, but I didn't see any problems with it.
I've heard that performance-wise it's not the greatest. Reviews seem to parrot that the framerate is shoddy. I can absolutely deal with a lot of things, but when frames start dripping below 30 and you start actually experiencing slowdown, then things get a bit "Eh" for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Take Two should start compressing their physical games on the Switch

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So far I still suck at pixel art. Gonna need to practice that a lot. I did practice a lot of pencil and digital art recently. But there's always room to improve.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
To those who play Lobotomy Corporation...
F5E379DF-272D-4CC5-99F6-6B6397CAE8C8.jpeg

Please help me, I’m only on Day 18, and I don’t want any of these...
So far I still suck at pixel art. Gonna need to practice that a lot. I did practice a lot of pencil and digital art recently. But there's always room to improve.
You want a piece of advice? Try starting small with sprites. I made some SMB1 style sprites that you should be able to see in my post history, with a couple of them being made from scratch!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 272741
Is that right?

I have no clue, but you're free to throw me an invite when you want to, if I'm not.
Seems pretty likely. The new story chapters were datamined and there’s a Unova event that features a conversation seemingly between Elesa and Skyla talking about the type of swimsuit Cynthia would wear. Something that has been bought up before in game. Plus we know they all had a beach house together in BW.

I’m really interested in Red and Cubchoo though. It implies also that Blue will get Kubfoo too. As the story strings have a convo about Blue and Red talking about how they want to be strong enough one day to train with Cubfoo. Could see this as a big DLC promotion. Get the biggest fav favorite character, give him the new Pokémon, either put him in those special banners or give him for free like Oak and Mew and there you go, lots of publicity.
It begins.

Get ready for Cynthia to have 20 different seasonal alts by the time 2021 roles around.
I don’t think many will complain
:p.

The sygna suit is debatable if it’s coming, but there was a model of Cynthia in the game when she came out where she had a Kommo-o inspired suit, implying she would get that. And Like Elesa and Grimsley, the story is putting us against Cynthia next with the same set up for an alt that the previous two had. So should be interesting

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh hey none of you will care but at some point my like-to-message ratio finally surpassed 3:1.

Am I popular yet? Where's my trophy?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah can we talk about the Grimsley alt:
1590465274667.jpeg

he low key looks like he belongs in Hansel and Grettel

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The update for Pokémon masters implies that Red and Kubfoo could become a Sync Pair, as well as a Swimsuit Cynthia alt and Possible Sygna Suit for her. With a lot of setup for galar characters. Which could be pretty solid additions to the game.
I guess you could say the alt is

Swim-thia

Eh? Eh?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Curious question to you all? Wouldn't the world ending by prehistoric carnivores (Dinosaurs included) be the most awesome way to go?

I mean sure you're trying to survive and could get killed but at least you get to experience live, breathing prehistoric animals that hasn't step foot on earth for tens of thousands or millions of years. Come on! How amazing would that be! :grin:

P.S.: This question is from my novel trilogy idea called Prehistoric Apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom