• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Anyone have good turnip prices right now? Missed the one spike this week and our prices are in the dumps. Wouldn’t be a huge loss, but thought I’d check around here since I know a few people play.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
It's a temporary ban due to stacking up several flaming/harassment warnings in quick succession. It's not like it's permanent, so there doesn't seem to be any point in discussing it further.

Let's move on to something else - what's everyone doing to keep busy during this quarantine? (assuming that your countries are still under quarantine - I know that some places have been trying to ease off of it) I've been catching up on Doctor Who and movies, working my way through my video game backlog, going for walks, teaching online (it's taken a while to get that set up) and (now that the weather's warmed up) mowing lawns.
I've been watching a bunch of classic movies I haven't seen before or in a long while, working through my backlog of games, and working on Pokemon hacks.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And one more thing to you guys.

Need recommendations on a game with a great character creation system. Trying to design a few characters for my story since my laptop is broken so to help visualise them.

I've tried a few games like Soul Calibur and The Sims but nothing that could fit.

So anything you guys can throw please do. I'm willing to lend an ear.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220

Need recommendations on a game with a great character creation system. Trying to design a few characters for my story since my laptop is broken so to help visualise them.

I've tried a few games like Soul Calibur and The Sims but nothing that could fit.

Personally, I recommend Mii Maker(tm) for Nintendo Switch(tm). It's the best character creator out there, with tons of depth and dozens of clothing options

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

If you’re looking for something to conceptualize designs before drawing them, I’d suggest Picrew.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Let's move on to something else - what's everyone doing to keep busy during this quarantine? (assuming that your countries are still under quarantine - I know that some places have been trying to ease off of it) I've been catching up on Doctor Who and movies, working my way through my video game backlog, going for walks, teaching online (it's taken a while to get that set up) and (now that the weather's warmed up) mowing lawns.
Learning how to draw characters from the Disney Parks and Disney Animation Youtube channels and other drawing websites, watching a ton of different shows on Disney+ such as the Agenst of SHIELD, Big Hero 6: The Series etc and watching plenty of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and martial arts based films to keep my mind at ease.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm off to reading the recently released volume 9 of the Splatoon manga. :ultinklingboy:

I'm curious how long this series will last (they're already on volume 11 in Japan).

D

Deleted member

Did an audition, finally. Took about 40+ minutes for only 31 seconds of audio, but honestly all worth it if you ask me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just watched Wreck-It Ralph 2. It was pleasant. Even if I did cringe more then I was comfortable with. If they ever decide to revisit this franchise, I would very much like for the focus to be back on, well, video games. But maybe it's time for another franchise to usurp the "video game Roger Rabbit" title at this point.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just watched Wreck-It Ralph 2. It was pleasant. Even if I did cringe more then I was comfortable with. If they ever decide to revisit this franchise, I would very much like for the focus to be back on, well, video games. But maybe it's time for another franchise to usurp the "video game Roger Rabbit" title at this point.
I know you’ve seen this already but I would still love to see a scene like this if not in WIR3 then whatever new mass video game crossover film that gets potentially made.

A scene I would’ve loved to see in a Wreck-It-Ralph movie was after Ralph goes through some kind of low point and feeling down when he passes by :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: having a casual chat at like an online cafe or something when they see Ralph and ask him to join them (yeah he’s a game villain but they’re the type to ask their own villains to go go-karting with them) and help him cheer up after he spills his heart out to them. This could also set up for them to help out Ralph at the climax like the princesses did.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know you’ve seen this already but I would still love to see a scene like this if not in WIR3 then whatever new mass video game crossover film that gets potentially made.
That could work. They could get away with a few more protags in there too. One of the ideas I had had for a Ralph sequel was Litwick donating his cabinets for digitized re-releases of the games on the Vitrual Console (yes, it would have actually been the Virtual Console, it would have been Nintendo Product Placement) which would bring the characters into the world of online gaming with nothing to do all day except get copied whenever someone downloads the title, giving them more freedom.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So right now I work in fast food because nothing else is available due the 'rona.

My state does not require any employer to give their employees breaks, not even lunch. I can be standing for nine hours without a bathroom break, if the business demands it (though this has thankfully yet to happen so far).

I also just played through Okumura's Palace in P5R and uh... yeah, it's right on the nose. I feel like one of the robots in it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was just thinking about how if Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western got into Smash, his play style would probably be like a mix of Snake and Sonic, with a few Wolf/Bowser esque clawswipes for good measure.

That sounds like such a devious playstyle. I want it in.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, here's some Batman sketches I did in ToonBoom. I gotta pull up the higher quality versions of these later.

I did like 5 of these last night. But I need to be less lazy and actually scan in some of my recent pencil sketches too. There's also a handful of characters I haven't drawn yet that I should.

D

Deleted member

Jesus.

I forgot how scary the puppet is in FNAF3.

I'm not good with face to face scares like that.
Yeah, really good effect. I really like how the phantoms are all designed. I get the engine is kinda limited, but I'd love to see Phantom Puppet have an animation kinda like this. Thanks for giving me the inspiration for this. lol Also ignore that this was made in like 20 mins.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/678971753955065887/713923323620360192/2020-05-23_21-15-38.mp4

KillerCage

Smash Master
It's a temporary ban due to stacking up several flaming/harassment warnings in quick succession. It's not like it's permanent, so there doesn't seem to be any point in discussing it further.

My brother (who is working for NOA in Oregon) decided to come over to North Carolina to stay for a few weeks. He gave us Disney Plus so I have been watching both "The Mandalorian" and "Gravity Falls" for the first time with my family. Aside from that, I just beat Panel de Pon on Super Hard and Freedom Planet. The latter ended up being a pallet cleanser for me after trying (and failing) to beat "Advance Wars". Those "fog of war" maps are just too frustrating for me to handle and suck up all the joy out of the game.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
20200523_203735.jpg

Tonight was straight up one of the funniest moments of Mario party rage I've ever seen.

Me and my family have been playing the GameCube Mario Parties for the past week or so, my brother hasn't won a single board and I've won most of then.

On this board it seemed like he was about to win and on the last 5 turns of the game the whole thing tipped over to my favor, I went from 4th place to 1st in those 5 turns.

There was screaming, lots of screaming.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just finished the original Yoshi's Island on SNES Online. Now I have beaten every classic Mario platformer (except Lost Levels). Might try Kirby next. Just want some more platformer fun. And I will say that i enjoy controlling Yoshi more then Mario (might get Crafted World if there's a sale... or a price drop.... or if i get a coupon). Any other platformers on S/NES Online you recommend I check out?

Also, what totally not NSFW thing do I have to do to get the DKC trilogy on this service?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I was just thinking about how if Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western got into Smash, his play style would probably be like a mix of Snake and Sonic, with a few Wolf/Bowser esque clawswipes for good measure.

That's sound like such a devious playstyle. I want it in.
I'd like to see Dillon if Takamaru ever gets in, so I can see a samurai fight a cowboy.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just finished the original Yoshi's Island on SNES Online. Now I have beaten every classic Mario platformer (except Lost Levels). Might try Kirby next. Just want some more platformer fun. And I will say that i enjoy controlling Yoshi more then Mario (might get Crafted World if there's a sale... or a price drop.... or if i get a coupon). Any other platformers on S/NES Online you recommend I check out?

Also, what totally not NSFW thing do I have to do to get the DKC trilogy on this service?
I looked and it probably looks like Kirby is the only other platformers on the service that's not super hard. I don't if you consider Metroid or Kid Icarus as platformers or not :yoshi:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hack into Nintendo's servers and blackmail them
Dear Nintendo. I am currently in possession of some very provocative 2015 images of Bill Trinen voraciously eating all of Reggie's donuts. If this were to leak out to the press, your reputation as a family-friendly company would be tarnished indefinitely. I demand that you release the entire DKC trilogy on your SNES Online service immediately, lest all hell will break loose.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Began reading more of The Great Zoo of China.

Little over quarter of an way done. Great book! Tons of creature action. Bloody, gory and basically Jurassic Park but replaced with dragons!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact: the Power Glove was approved by Mattel because Senior VP of Marketing Jill Beraud tested it on Punch-Out and beat Glass Joe in one punch :yoshi:
I know we just talked about this a few days ago but MAN I want a new Punch-Out game. I think it would be interesting to keep the basic single screen boxing gameplay but try to make it more like an actual fighting game. Meaning you can play as the other boxers. Call it, like.... VS. Punch-Out!! as a tribute to those old arcade games like VS Super Mario Bros.

Also, if they do the whole “retired little Mac as a trainer” idea. The boxer that ended his career should totally be the random other blond character who replaced him in Super Punch-Out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom