• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Lamperouge Lamperouge

DSC_0388_crop_39_resize_43.jpg

The Gods have spoken!

2 and a half years, 255 hours across four countries, I finally have all the rare blades.

Now I can rest with this game.... Once I get heart to hearts done.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I joined in for this Rockman Redraw. More people were doing the Sailor Moon one. Glad more and more people are doing off shoots of this though. It'd be nice to add variety to the idea.

Came out pretty solid. But there's always room to improve.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
everyone should watch Harley Quinn because its such good ****

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

So that's 2 leaked characters. At least Omega Shenron is cooler than the forced hetero character
>Roshi

LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now we just need Mr. Satan and a character to represent DragonBall Classic.
And Roshi doesn't represent classic Dragon Ball how? Roshi is literally the final boss in one of the early sagas.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Now we just need Mr. Satan and a character to represent DragonBall Classic. My vote would be Ox King.... but I did only watch to the end of the first tournament arc.
My vote would go to Tao Pai Pai, though Arale from Dr. Slump would be great. (and she appeared in both the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Super)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't know where the Omega Shenron leak comes from, but the Roshi one seems pretty solid enough. I would assume he would be revealed at EVO because that's free hype generation. They did it for Cooler and Janemba/Gogeta, wouldn't see it anywhere else for Roshi. But, assuming Omega Shenron is in, that's 2 Super / 1 DB/Z/Super (Roshi was in all three and did some stuff in each) / 1 GT, which leaves us with one slot left for whatever.

Personally, I want this guy.

1589938680544.png

He was in the last ArcSys Dragon Ball game, Extreme Butoden, and for some reason, he's the only one from that roster missing in FighterZ. I could also be okay with Super 13, Tapion, Baby, Pan, or maybe an upset pick no one could see coming like Bulma or something. I'm not gonna get my hopes up over it, I got Roshi and I'm okay with that.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now we just need Mr. Satan and a character to represent DragonBall Classic. My vote would be Ox King.... but I did only watch to the end of the first tournament arc.
Roshi would represent the original DB pretty well, considering that if this is true, then he would be the only DLC character to come from the original Dragon Ball.

But if that doesn't count, I would prefer Mercenary Tao.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Roshi is in, I hope he has an alternate costume like Videl where he changes into Jackie Chun

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And Roshi doesn't represent classic Dragon Ball how? Roshi is literally the final boss in one of the early sagas.
I mean classic DragonBall specifically. Someone who was really only important in that series and not beyond it. Otherwise a bunch of characters already their technically qualify.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I joined in for this Rockman Redraw. More people were doing the Sailor Moon one. Glad more and more people are doing off shoots of this though. It'd be nice to add variety to the idea.

Came out pretty solid. But there's always room to improve.
:D Awesome work! So, how many redraw challenges are there? I have seen the Sailor Moon one, and now this. o-o

AndreaAC

Not a redraw challenge, but I’ve been redrawing old Ben 10 fan aliens in line with the OV style.
:D Great! I wish I could find something to re-draw myself. xD But I have no idea right now. But it would be an interesting thing to do, and at least it would be just one pic intead of 6... :>

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
:D Great! I wish I could find something to re-draw myself. xD But I have no idea right now. But it would be an interesting thing to do, and at least it would be just one pic intead of 6... :>
Something I did a lot in the Smash4 days was redraw all the character renders. Maybe you could do that for Ultimate. Try to do like, one a day.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't know where the Omega Shenron leak comes from, but the Roshi one seems pretty solid enough. I would assume he would be revealed at EVO because that's free hype generation. They did it for Cooler and Janemba/Gogeta, wouldn't see it anywhere else for Roshi. But, assuming Omega Shenron is in, that's 2 Super / 1 DB/Z/Super (Roshi was in all three and did some stuff in each) / 1 GT, which leaves us with one slot left for whatever.

Personally, I want this guy.

View attachment 272197

He was in the last ArcSys Dragon Ball game, Extreme Butoden, and for some reason, he's the only one from that roster missing in FighterZ. I could also be okay with Super 13, Tapion, Baby, Pan, or maybe an upset pick no one could see coming like Bulma or something. I'm not gonna get my hopes up over it, I got Roshi and I'm okay with that.
You'd think the brother of GOKU would be more than a throw away character that rarely ever gets referenced.

AndreaAC

Something I did a lot in the Smash4 days was redraw all the character renders. Maybe you could do that for Ultimate. Try to do like, one a day.
:D (that is one big pile of characters....)....That would be even more challenging than the Six Fanart Challenge and would kill my hand. X'D Maybe I would only re-draw the renders of my mains, or put them all together like I have seen be done by other artists.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You'd think the brother of GOKU would be more than a throw away character that rarely ever gets referenced.
Raditz was more a narrative device if anything. This big, strong dude just shows up and everyone starts speculating "****, no wonder Goku is so strong if he was an alien the whole time", and then you find out his entire family was low-class and there were infinitely stronger Saiyans out there. Even if Bardock led the rebellion against Frieza, the man was still low-class. The Saiyans were hella into that social hierarchy based on your power levels, so it put things in a new perspective by the time you hit near the end of the Frieza Saga (or the opening to Super: Broly). It proves Goku's mentality of hard work overcoming natural strength before Toriyama gave out power-ups like it was free samples.

I don't know if there's anywhere for Raditz to go if they brought him back, it's not like people were dying to see more of him. The dude doesn't even have his dad or his mom's hair either, which is weird.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Raditz was more a narrative device if anything. This big, strong dude just shows up and everyone starts speculating "****, no wonder Goku is so strong if he was an alien the whole time", and then you find out his entire family was low-class and there were infinitely stronger Saiyans out there. Even if Bardock led the rebellion against Frieza, the man was still low-class. The Saiyans were hella into that social hierarchy based on your power levels, so it put things in a new perspective by the time you hit near the end of the Frieza Saga (or the opening to Super: Broly). It proves Goku's mentality of hard work overcoming natural strength before Toriyama gave out power-ups like it was free samples.

I don't know if there's anywhere for Raditz to go if they brought him back, it's not like people were dying to see more of him. The dude doesn't even have his dad or his mom's hair either, which is weird.
God DragonBall is a property I want to get my hands on. I want to make a reboot of it sooooo bad because it’s so interesting except it’s just...... how do I put this........ I can’t put it in any way that isn’t an exaggeration. I just think it would be better with more fluid animation and better focus on characters and story and not spending entire episodes on single fights and unnecessary screaming.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just think it would be better with more fluid animation and better focus on characters and story and not spending entire episodes on single fights and unnecessary screaming.
Then go watch Dragon Ball or read the Z manga. Or maybe watch Z Kai, I haven't really touched that though.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hercule debuted in the Cell Saga anyway. If you want someone from OG Dragonball, Tao or King Piccolo would make sense. But King Piccolo doesn't have the crazy moves his son has.

:D Awesome work! So, how many redraw challenges are there? I have seen the Sailor Moon one, and now this. o-o
Something for EVA I think Sonic as well, but that might have been a different time though.

Shroob

Sup?
God DragonBall is a property I want to get my hands on. I want to make a reboot of it sooooo bad because it’s so interesting except it’s just...... how do I put this........ I can’t put it in any way that isn’t an exaggeration. I just think it would be better with more fluid animation and better focus on characters and story and not spending entire episodes on single fights and unnecessary screaming.
Unironically though that's what sells.

It's pretty much the rule of Shonen series

If your series doesn't have at least 1 fight that spans on for page after page of awkward staring then you can't play ball with the big boys.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then go watch Dragon Ball or read the Z manga. Or maybe watch Z Kai, I haven't really touched that though.
I’ve been giving the series it’s due. Occasionally going through the episodes in order.... but I think it says something that I can’t get more then a dozen episodes in before getting bored.
Unironically though that's what sells.

It's pretty much the rule of Shonen series

If your series doesn't have at least 1 fight that spans on for page after page of awkward staring then you can't play ball with the big boys.
Which is why my reboot would be an american production..... I should do some character designs.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm actually glad they didn't make a big case about Raditz being Goku's Brother, the fact that they were related didn't matter much because first thing he does is kill some dude and kidnap his son. Vegeta made a more interesting rival, since he makes Goku's Saiyan origins better. Keeping him a low-class warrior, compared to Elite Prince Vegeta helps Goku stay as an underdog in the grander scope of things.

I liked the original Bardock Special cause it showed he was just a normal Saiyan, not some chosen one. Not some big hero. Just a Saiyan who fights for his crew and fails at rebelling. Everything after that, makes him too special. And retroactively would make Goku less unique.

Shroob

Sup?
I’ve been giving the series it’s due. Occasionally going through the episodes in order.... but I think it says something that I can’t get more then a dozen episodes in before getting bored.

Which is why my reboot would be an american production..... I should do some character designs.
Oh god please no

We tried that once and

Never again

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No offense, but you're like one of the last people I'd ever want near Dragon Ball. Especially if you don't even like the original that much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom