• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Its still releasing a month later after TLoU2.
I know.

Just been craving for a game of that scale for a while. I've got the Xenoblade 1 remake and some surprises since we're almost in game announcement season.

Sony needs to #BringOurBoysBack. Ape Escape, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper.
What I want now is to see what the Gravity Rush team has been working on. Been three years since 2 came out and I really want to see Fumito Ueda's next game.

Ico is such an personal inspiration for everything I want to make and Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time. Last Guardian was a great experiment but ok game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As if COVID-19 and tensions between countries wasn't the least of our worries. Rumor has it that Yellowstone could be due to erupt eventually.

**** this year.
bro, people say. yellowstone will blow EVERY year and its always "eventually" and never a date. lol

Id worry more if they gave a concrete estamate dste

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My commission has been sent to me last night!

Super Abachi Bro.jpg

I love it! It was supposed to be only a quick sketch but the artist was a good mood and threw in shading and color at no extra cost.

And it only cost me a download code I got from a bag of Sour Patch Kids. :)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
As if COVID-19 and tensions between countries wasn't the least of our worries. Rumor has it that Yellowstone could be due to erupt eventually.

**** this year.
Ain't gonna happen.

Although I would love a great change to humanity and have a situation where we all live in peace, that ain't going to happen.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly, this might be one of my most favorite pics for forum reactions.
a72c1039ea9d90fa3c30ce3257549e45.jpg

Serious or sarcastic, she gets the message across. ;3

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In 24 hours the Ninjala open beta test launches on Switch!

Here are the times to play it:
PDT
  • Apr. 28, 2020, 12:00-12:59
  • Apr. 28, 2020, 20:00-20:59
  • Apr. 29, 2020, 04:00-04:59
BST
  • 28 Apr. 2020, 20:00-20:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 04:00-04:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 12:00-12:59
AEST
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 05:00-05:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 13:00-13:59
  • 29 Apr. 2020, 21:00-21:59
And friendly reminder that a Nintendo Switch Online subscription is not required to play this (same goes for the whole game)

I'm so excited, yo!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now a lot of updates for the Quest 64 Kart thing. More or less just need Mario Raceway's replacement. Wario Stadium is now referred to as Nepty's Chamber(basically Kiliac replaces Wario. Nepty is Kiliac's palette swap racer), an easy fix. I still have to figure out where to put Shamwood if anywhere(maybe in place of Double Deck instead of Larapool? Larapool maybe could be there for Royal Raceway?). Unsure yet. However, I got it more clear when Celine's Bell, the Lightning Bolt replacement, does. It casts Compression, which shrinks everyone, and technically reduces their "attack strength", which when you remove the items, it's close enough. It creases kind of a drill-like set of red coloring that makes an enemy smaller as is.

Just gotta figure out the Green Shell(s), Boo, and Blue Shell. One thought for Boo is Silent Flute. It's akin to Celine's Bell's explanation. It would make sense since it removes their item and steals it, but it also disables spells alone. Items and spells are kind of similar in how they're used between Mario Kart and Quest 64 respectively. Besides, there's a literal Ghost monster too.

I otherwise should try and make headshots of everyone, but I first need to get the normal BG. They're also not all the same size model-wise. I'm pretty sure I got good 3D shots of them all, though. I can't use artwork if not all have artwork available online, heh.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So I finally binge watched Castlevania Season 3.

I was a little underwhelmed with this season, a lot of what happened was cool to see in action, but ultimately most of it did feel like set-up for what will happen in the future and not a lot really happened in itself. The only thing that really happened that wasn't build-up was the arc with the Infinite Corridor as it directly related to Dracula and stopping a resurrection, but even then it was a little out of the way since it doesn't affect anything happening with the other major players.

Also, I wasn't really happy with how Alucard's arc went, I get the idea as it does set up his greater distance from humanity, but in terms of how it plays out it feels forced. There's only one moment that I can think of with the duo that implied to me that they would backstab him, and nothing else really gave it away since otherwise they were pretty amicable. Same thing with the impaling as it makes sense as his father did it, but also didn't feel earned.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Now a lot of updates for the Quest 64 Kart thing. More or less just need Mario Raceway's replacement. Wario Stadium is now referred to as Nepty's Chamber(basically Kiliac replaces Wario. Nepty is Kiliac's palette swap racer), an easy fix. I still have to figure out where to put Shamwood if anywhere(maybe in place of Double Deck instead of Larapool? Larapool maybe could be there for Royal Raceway?). Unsure yet. However, I got it more clear when Celine's Bell, the Lightning Bolt replacement, does. It casts Compression, which shrinks everyone, and technically reduces their "attack strength", which when you remove the items, it's close enough. It creases kind of a drill-like set of red coloring that makes an enemy smaller as is.

Just gotta figure out the Green Shell(s), Boo, and Blue Shell. One thought for Boo is Silent Flute. It's akin to Celine's Bell's explanation. It would make sense since it removes their item and steals it, but it also disables spells alone. Items and spells are kind of similar in how they're used between Mario Kart and Quest 64 respectively. Besides, there's a literal Ghost monster too.

I otherwise should try and make headshots of everyone, but I first need to get the normal BG. They're also not all the same size model-wise. I'm pretty sure I got good 3D shots of them all, though. I can't use artwork if not all have artwork available online, heh.
Your ideas sound cool, but I'm responding to point out that Red and Pokemon Trainer are absolutely the same character. He's not named in Smash for the same reasons as Hero and the Persona Protagonist Costumes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Your ideas sound cool, but I'm responding to point out that Red and Pokemon Trainer are absolutely the same character. He's not named in Smash for the same reasons as Hero and the Persona Protagonist Costumes.
Red is the protagonist of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen.

...Pokemon Trainer is an avatar using his design and has nothing actually in common beyond that and generic phrases all Pokemon Trainers can use. Even the Trophies just talk about the pure Class. Where does Red legitimately exist in Smash? The lore specifies it's a generic class. He's literally a generic class name. He doesn't have a specific name since the point behind the class is that you can be any name you want, just like the games. Using his appearance does not make him the same actual character. If anything, they're more like cross-dimensional counterparts at best. Same with Leaf and female Pokemon Trainer.

He literally acts like an avatar(and she as of Ultimate), is treated like an avatar in-universe, is actually described at best as an avatar by Sakurai. How is he Red again? There's a difference between being the same character(which they are evidently different characters) and having a similar idea behind them. I mean, when they refuse to talk about Red's exploits in any trophies, and compare PT simply to Ash, not Red, that already says something. In addition to that, we have another set of Pokemon Trainers as a Trophy, from X and Y. He's focusing literally on the Class alone in Smash. There's been very few actual Trainers directly named. Misty is one of the few.

Based upon a character(which is the case) and being the same character are two totally different things. People can believe he's the literal Red, but that doesn't make it accurate. He's literally(and she since Ultimate) an actual Avatar.

Hero also isn't comparable. Not when Sakurai made it clear he wanted Edrick and Luminary, not the "hero design from x game" either. They were intentionally defined as who they were from the start. He describes them as such(cannot be said for Pokemon Trainer) and they also still are based around an Avatar-like situation, without entirely being Avatars. Pokemon Trainer is exactly like Villager, a completely generic character using a basic iconic design as is. That's just how it goes sometimes. The same for the female Villager. Both of the first designs were their most known ones from game boxarts. The rest were other various ones that happened to work.

I get why too. You don't need Red whatsoever to represent Pokemon Training as is. You could use any Trainer design with the same actual point. You could literally use Ash's design instead if you wanted to and get the same effect. Just with more complaints cause "anime"(despite the fact the anime gets used anyway, but I do agree using a game design would get a better response). The actual outfit chosen had no real bearing on how the character worked. And that's ignoring how Red doesn't actually speak in canon. Those weird phrases are generic ones throughout the entire series. Even enemy trainers use them. They don't define Red at all. They do define the class to a degree, but barely.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is kind of a wholesome perspective of Mario and Sonic's relationship as rivals.​

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It kinda bothers me that they go out of their way to avoid mentioning Red, Makoto and Yu by name but Robin keeps his name.

This is kind of a wholesome perspective of Mario and Sonic's relationship as rivals.​
The biggest difference is that Mario is always forgiven for his mistakes but sonic is crucified for every little thing that goes wrong.

D

Deleted member

Neat, Celeste is in my town and she gave me the recipe for a cosmos wand. A lot of shooting stars, too, so I could quickly get the max amount of wishes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

the only bromance gaming truly needs...none other are allowed anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom