• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m not sure it’s that simple, depends on how they go about it cause many if not all the maps were rebuilt in the game as far as I know.

Though they should probably also re-record the hidden dialogue too if they do.

I mean that’s the more realistic option.
Well that's dumb programing. You have the assets, why not reuse and polish them? There is no programing difference that makes converting 3D models from program to program impossible. It's a basic modeling skill.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Probably nonexistant/hard to guage considering a good chunk of the country can't afford video games, let alone food and water, and given how densely populated it is, yeah, you're probabky nit breakung down demographics anytime soon.
Africa is a continent. Not a country. Certain parts are very well populated and definitely can afford games. Like, Egypt.... I think.... South Africa? Probably others.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Meta Crystal

or 8-player Sector Z.
Imagine an HD Meta Crystal

Well that's dumb programing. You have the assets, why not reuse and polish them? There is no programing difference that makes converting 3D models from program to program impossible. It's a basic modeling skill.
To be fair, the results from rebuilding the stages are worth it.
ED796B8D-3DC7-4DF8-98AF-C7F568D386EB.png

23B7B914-9216-48B2-9EDA-CC94FD65836D.png

(Above is the Wii U version btw)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Africa is a continent. Not a country. Certain parts are very well populated and definitely can afford games. Like, Egypt.... I think.... South Africa? Probably others.
Africa is the least developed continent in a sense but some countries, like South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, are developed.

As for getting a continents views on Smash Bros.......... I don't know how that could work. Why don't you ask the Antarcticans first?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Did I say country? Whoops.

But yeah, it's gonna be hard to gauge when the cultures are so radically different across countries, especially in those that are in poverty. It's a major reason why a good portion of Africa is often left out in statistics.

But considering Pirating is a pretty huge deal down there, I can maybe say characters from games that are easy to pirate or bootleg or something. But again, it's hard

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Relevant

Dutch Raikuna

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Did I say country? Whoops.

But yeah, it's gonna be hard to gauge when the cultures are so radically different across countries, especially in those that are in poverty. It's a major reason why a good portion of Africa is often left out in statistics.

But considering Pirating is a pretty huge deal down there, I can maybe say characters from games that are easy to pirate or bootleg or something. But again, it's hard
I suppose then I should add the qualifier that I mean developed countries like Egypt, South Africa, and Morocco. People who live in those areas almost assuredly play games and a good portion of them probably voted in the Smash Ballot. I'd like to know who they likley voted for. Is there a cite that has statistics like this where you can filter the results?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I suppose then I should add the qualifier that I mean developed countries like Egypt, South Africa, and Morocco. People who live in those areas almost assuredly play games and a good portion of them probably voted in the Smash Ballot. I'd like to know who they likley voted for. Is there a cite that has statistics like this where you can filter the results?
You know, you would think that there would be for thsoe places, but all these fan ballots inly take info from North America (by that I just mean USA), Europe (Actually just the UK), and Japan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, you would think that there would be for thsoe places, but all these fan ballots inly take info from North America (by that I just mean USA), Europe (Actually just the UK), and Japan.
I mean like, general game popularity. Sales data, review scores, that kind of thing. Not specifically Smash. Like how you can go to a website and get info on certain countries populations and things like that and filter by country.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, how has everyone been in these past few days of quarantine? I haven't been that talkative around this thread due to other stuff... and boredem.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Look. I'm not saying that slapping the Zelda branding on everything makes it better. I'M just saying that Link's Crossbow Training is too good of a game for a pack in of a peripheral that was hardly ever used. That game is ****ing great.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Look. I'm not saying that slapping the Zelda branding on everything makes it better. I'M just saying that Link's Crossbow Training is too good of a game for a pack in of a peripheral that was hardly ever used. That game is ****ing great.
The Wii in general could have doubled down on the shooting games. It was probably the most fitting genre the Wii could implement with its control scheme. More so than Wiggle Waggling to Roll in DKC or Spin in Mario Galaxy. But Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure saying that at the time would get people pissed as one might instantly think of the "brown and gray" cover shooters. And while Prime 3 had some gimmicky things here and there, it was a mostly good example of that too.

It was a console that should have used its gimmick to bring many Arcade shooters to homes, y'know lightgun games and all that. They did do that to some extent, but like, Sin and Punishment could've had more than one game, and maybe a physical version of the one that did release(I think that 2nd one was Digital Only). I heard people liked that Deadspace one, so that's cool.

Or RTS games too, but that genre's mad boring to me except Pikmin.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What's the VA stuff like?
Since I do voice over online, it’s quite different from doing something in studio, of course. People set up casting calls, I send in auditions for em’, and if I get the role, we usually take it to Discord PMs or something like that to discuss the role. Occasionally people will come to me to do a role instead. Audio editing is also quite fun. While not many characters I voice require audio effects, some do, so getting to decide what effects I should use is entertaining. Occasionally I'll get payed for roles too, which is nice! I voiced the protagonist of a small indie title on steam which came out last year, and I got paid enough money to get A Hat In Time. Pretty cool, since I had been wanting that game for a while. I don't think you've seen my voice over, so here's a good example of my more recent work. This is a small 3D animation I voiced in to advertise an upcoming multi animator project.
My voice is somewhat deep, and I usually don't voice characters with this high of a pitch, so it was a nice change of pace. The effects were quite fun too. Since he's supposed to be an old toy, think something along the lines of a Teddy Ruxpin, so I gave him a low pass filter. Since he's a tad broken too, I added a bit of a distorted bitcrush.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Link's Crossbow Training is the game that introduced me to the Zelda series.

...Well technically I played Brawl first, but Link's Crossbow Training was the first LoZ game that I actually owned.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How does this sound for a stage DLC pack for Ultimate?

Returning
  • Sector Z
  • Mute City (Melee)
  • Rainbow Road
  • Woolly World
New
  • Homecoming Hijinks
  • Ryme City Pokémon Carnival (aka Pokéfloats 2)
  • Pac-Maze Championship Edition
I guess those would be neat.

• Central Highway (MMX)
WE MOVE! MAVERICK HUNTER BOYS!

Hype Man X8.jpeg

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Link's Crossbow should be the next Zelda rep.
So... Linkle?
The Wii in general could have doubled down on the shooting games. It was probably the most fitting genre the Wii could implement with its control scheme. More so than Wiggle Waggling to Roll in DKC or Spin in Mario Galaxy. But Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure saying that at the time would get people pissed as one might instantly think of the "brown and gray" cover shooters. And while Prime 3 had some gimmicky things here and there, it was a mostly good example of that too.

It was a console that should have used its gimmick to bring many Arcade shooters to homes, y'know lightgun games and all that. They did do that to some extent, but like, Sin and Punishment could've had more than one game, and maybe a physical version of the one that did release(I think that 2nd one was Digital Only). I heard people liked that Deadspace one, so that's cool.

Or RTS games too, but that genre's mad boring to me except Pikmin.
Star Successor had a physical release. That game was ****ing phenomenal too and it makes me sad we'll probably never get another.

Dutch Raikuna

Well, how has everyone been in these past few days of quarantine? I haven't been that talkative around this thread due to other stuff... and boredem.

Been talking to you guys, finishing FFVII Remake and watching Girls Last Tour.

Gonna shave off the long hair in the morning, winter coat gotta come off even though my hairline has receded a bit I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom