• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I finished the main scenario for the Bravely Default 2 demo but still have some side quests to complete, so I'll probably continue to play it for a little while longer. Definitely looking forward to this one even if I do have some criticisms and personal nitpicks about the game in its current state, some of which include the following:

- The weight stat was unnecessary and I think it will limit how creative you can get with outfitting your team.

- I preferred how the previous games handled turn orders with you choosing all of your actions for your team in one go. It feels like there's less strategy involved with planning out your actions now. Being able to see who goes next would somewhat mitigate my issues with the change, though (maybe there is a way to check and I just overlooked it somehow?)

- The dungeons are still very plain looking compared to everything else.

- While I'm typically not a fan of random encounters in my jrpgs, I think the way BD and BS handled it by letting you adjust the trigger rate is better than the on screen encounters.

- I hope the final release allows you to change the character lineup like the previous games and doesn't lock you in as Seth for exploring.

...But yeah, I still think it's pretty good despite my issues with it. The characters seem likeable enough (Adelle and Elvis are totally going to be the best), REVO is still killing it with the music, the town in the demo looks beautiful and has more exploration to offer than the ones from BD (haven't played BS yet so maybe that game actually let you look inside houses), and the battle system is still quite fun with a bunch of different options to play around with.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@JDCabrera XD I just finished watching the video, ALL OF IT. And I was laughing way too hard! And I wasn't expecting a lot of things! x'D This guy is simply GENIUS.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm near the end of Yakuza 3 and It feels like nothing has happened in the plot, i can see why this is considered the worst of the series now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watching a playthrough Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game (arcade version)

Hearing the announcer pronounce Ryu "RIE-YOO" physically hurts me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I got three gigantic islands in a row, absolutely worthless when it comes to tarantula hunting unless I wanna spend three hours there. I think that's a sign to stop playing the game for tonight, it's clear I will never have things the way I want them. :nifty: RNGesus showed me so.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I decided to have faith and do a last gamble on the island. It was rare hybrid island.

Okay, but it's not what I wanted. :drsad: Black Tulips are kinda cool tho, jealous that some people have Roses as their natural flower.

D

Deleted member

I am considering the possibility of logging off the internet for some time.
It isn't definitive yet, and with this Coronavirus shutdown I could sadly see myself returning really quickly due to the lack of stuff to do... But I have seriously felt really misserable recently around forums and Discord.
I want to believe I'll get over It when this Coronavirus thing is over and I get to finally meet with my IRL friends in person... But that will take some time seeing how things are going.

If I do decide to log off for a time, I may at best pass by during April Fools to see the theme for this year but that's about it.

Gonna take some time to take the decission.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It isn't definitive yet, and with this Coronavirus shutdown I could sadly see myself returning really quickly due to the lack of stuff to do... But I have seriously felt really misserable recently around forums and Discord.
I want to believe I'll get over It when this Coronavirus thing is over and I get to finally meet with my IRL friends in person... But that will take some time seeing how things are going.

If I do decide to log off for a time, I may at best pass by during April Fools to see the theme for this year but that's about it.

Don't feel obligated to stick around just because of us and do what you feel is best, bud. If it's getting to the point where you're not having a fun time posting on here and Discord, a little break might be just what you need to clear your head. Maybe you could catch up on some of your other hobbies while waiting out the Coronavirus.

I'd miss your company for a while, of course, but your own well-being is much more important.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

What's made you want to leave?
It's all up to you and i'd understand if you did, but me and i'm sure a bunch of others would miss having you around if you did go.

D

Deleted member

What's made you want to leave?
It's all up to you and i'd understand if you did, but me and i'm sure a bunch of others would miss having you around if you did go.
I honestly can't say for sure.

When I browse around Discord or post at other threads besides this one... I get this feeling of a lack of presence for a lot of other people, insecurity or maybe some sort of weird nerves.

It completely has to do with my anxiety, but I sadly can't really find a way to overcome It completely besides maybe helping my own well-being by trying to bring time to my other hobbies as Zero Requiem commented.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Como dije antes, has lo que tu consideres mejor para ti. Si estar fuera del internet te va a mantener mas tranquilo, hazlo. Puedes usar ese tiempo para enfocarte en muchas otras cosas, hacer otras actividades, y cualquier otra cosa que se te venga a la mente. Muchos estan pasando por cosas muy similares. Y pues es de cada uno decidir que hacer en estos tiempos donde no tienes muchas opciones, pero todo sea por la seguridad de uno y de los demas que lo rorean.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I honestly can't say for sure.

When I browse around Discord or post at other threads besides this one... I get this feeling of a lack of presence for a lot of other people, insecurity or maybe some sort of weird nerves.

It completely has to do with my anxiety, but I sadly can't really find a way to overcome It completely besides maybe helping my own well-being by trying to bring time to my other hobbies as Zero Requiem commented.
Eh, not every discussion you wish to start or joke you make is going to land with others and create the outcome you wanted. That's just the nature of the beast when you're dealing with forums. That being said, I think you definitely have a pretty big presence in this thread and I couldn't understand why anyone would purposely ignore you.

D

Deleted member

Eh, not every discussion you wish to start or joke you make is going to land with others and create the outcome you wanted. That's just the nature of the beast when you're dealing with forums. That being said, I think you definitely have a pretty big presence in this thread and I couldn't understand why anyone would purposely ignore you.
That's why I want to believe It is just my anxiety making me see things distorted as It tends to do.

Having some time for myself may manage to help me find ways to fight those fears back, or at least I hope so.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm about 1/3 into Great Cave Offensive. Pretty cool. I mostly want to get to Meta-Knight's Revenge and Marx. Don't know what I'll play after that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom