• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My first shiny was in emerald, a shiny trapinch I named munch. I traded that thing up every gen, maxed out its friendship in amie and got rewarded for it in oras.

The thought of having a new game without munch in it sucks.
Kenny the Garchomp, man.

Named after a cartoon shark, caught him when I was nine years old.

He’s not shiny, he doesn’t have beefed up stats or anything, he’s just mine.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, the idea of Balance is frankly insulting to hear as an excuse since

• Gamefreak has never made a balanced game in their life
  • Nobody cares about balance outside of competitive
  • Competitive will never actually be balanced
  • Gamefreak has proven since generation 1, incapable of making a game that runs with proper optimization
"Let's allow primal reversion in tournaments."

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
This also teaches players to expand their ****ing horizons and try out Pokemon that they wouldn't touch before. -_-
Or, you know, if they really wanted people to use other Pokemon just limit non-regional Dex Pokemon to post game? Fans aren't the bad guys for wanting a feature that has been in almost every game.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know why this bothers people, it bothers me too.

But I’m not really upset about it because I’m confident they’ll fix it. I’m just gonna enjoy the game until that day comes.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Decidueye: Playable in Pokken Tournament
Incinaroar: Playable in Smash Ultimate
Primarina: Am I a joke to you?

Double K

Smash Lord

But I’m not really upset about it because I’m confident they’ll fix it. I’m just gonna enjoy the game until that day comes.
Yeah, looking at the statement, this is going to be the policy going forward

"Let's allow primal reversion in tournaments."
Gen 5: "Let's give more Pokemon weather starting abilities!"
Gen 6: Primals and Mega Rayquaza
Gen 7: Oh boy, I sure love a hyper offensive Pokemon having intimidate and a million goddamn coverage moves where it's the starter

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No, please do. It's hilarious seeing a person who has no idea what he's talking about, act like he knows what he's talking about
Trying to instigate a fight won't work with me, champ. Nor is it welcomed here.

I firmly believe that GameFreak will patch in the rest of the Pokemon, and even if they don't, I don't believe that it will dissolve the quality of the games to a drastic measure.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
When Sword and Shield was announced, I was pretty meh about it but thought, "It's Pokemon, why wouldn't I get it?"

Well, now I know why.

A shame as well, because I was beginning to warm up to it with the camera change and wild Pokemon visibly inhabiting the world.

Of course, we may get the rest of the Pokemon for free later, or perhaps the obligatory third installment that every generation gets will be when we're allowed to have them all in the Galar Region (which would be pretty ****ty), but it is still pretty baffling, all the more so that they didn't go right out and say it is temporary like it was with Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Not that I need all of the Pokemon. I could compile a huge list of entries that I either don't feel anything towards or actively dislike. The last two generations have been my favorite because they lowered the quantity of additions for, in my opinion, quality.

But that's not going to be the case, and no one is going to be without some of their favorites, or perhaps even most of them depending on how much they cut.

On the bright side, a portion of the cuts should be nearly all of the legendaries, most of which anyone who follows uber rules didn't touch or want to see anyone else using regardless. If their process of elimination is "whoever fits the region", the legends just have no place at all in an entirely different region than their "lore" dictates.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Game Freak has never cared about balance nor do they actually care about it now. This is just another excuse to pile for the other millions of excuses they have made over the years. I wish the cut Pokemon actually meant the game was gonna get improved, that they were going to improve the animations or anything, but it's not, it's just another excuse for Game Freak's incompetence. They're still using the same 3DS animations and models they have used in previous games but only this time they upscaled it a bit.

Look at this picture and tell me this is a 2019 home console game:

Double K

Smash Lord
Game Freak has never cared about balance nor do they actually care about it now. This is just another excuse to pile for the other millions of excuses they have made over the years. I wish the cut Pokemon actually meant the game was gonna get improved, that they were going to improve the animations or anything, but it's not, it's just another excuse for Game Freak's incompetence. They're still using the same 3DS animations and models they have used in previous games but only this time they upscaled it a bit.

Look at this picture and tell me this is a 2019 home console game:

Frankly, it looks like a Gen 6 or 7 game.

That is gen 6/7 console

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I feel as though I'm in the minority on the Pokemon issue, because I just can't get angry at it. Every game, I just start anew with the Pokemon of that game.

I suppose it's because I was interested in what was new, rather than maintaining what I already had. But I will not lose any excitement for the game based on this one issue.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly, I've been waiting for a console Pokemon game for a long time. Regardless of concerns, I'm looking forward to these games.

Last edited:

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Its a bit upsetting that not every Pokemon will be able to be transferred to the Galar region. I was never the type of person that wanted to catch them all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I personally think Sword and Shield look great but it’s **** on Sword and Shield hour so I’ll keep my positive opinions to myself I guess

Double K

Smash Lord
Trying to instigate a fight won't work with me, champ. Nor is it welcomed here.

I firmly believe that GameFreak will patch in the rest of the Pokemon, and even if they don't, I don't believe that it will dissolve the quality of the games to a drastic measure.
Nah, you dug your grave now you get to lie in it.

The fact that you think that this doesn't have a drastic effect on the game is hilariously ignorant, or astonishingly naive. At every level of play but "this is my very first Pokemon game, and I think I will not play another," this change has massive effects

- Competitive VGC players have a more limited pool to work with which will cause what will be an already narrow pool, to not have any special standouts like Se Jun Park's Pachirisu/Garchomp combo
- Singles Ladder gets astonishingly barren and tiers get super cramped because we have a pool of probably 200 Pokemon and the best Pokemon for it are going to be worked out very quickly
- Casual players are not going to be able to bring their faves forward, which means the whole point of Pokemon's experience of "The real journey was the friends we made along the way" gets shot in the foot because you can't keep your friends with you for your journey forward
- Nuzlocke players, if it is still possible, are gonna have less of a pool to experiment and find the hidden gems

Doing this change actually causes things to get more limited, not diverse.

Double K

Smash Lord
Let's compare it with a gen 7 game shall we? Because even when we compare it with an old gen like that, Sword and Shield still looks like trash.

Okay, to be fair to SwSh, Skyward Sword is a gen 7 game that is widely praised for its visuals and its stylistic choices let it retain the shine. In terms of Polycount, SwSh is actually quite impressive, but the style doesn't let that show in 3D models

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I personally think Sword and Shield look great but it’s **** on Sword and Shield hour so I’ll keep my positive opinions to myself I guess
Its not "**** on" hours, Its critique hours
We are talking about how bad of a decision it is to cut pokemon many people would want to use.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Or I can just ignore you because you're being incredibly aggressive and you can rant to yourself?

I said I was moving on.
Ah, the "I'm more mature because I said I was moving on after getting called out for being an ass" defense

the sure sign of someone who is most certainly not 12 years old

Abha

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post; flaming
Or I can just ignore you because you're being incredibly aggressive and you can rant to yourself?

I said I was moving on.
The level of condescending you manage to fit into every single one of your posts is actually giving me a migraine

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Why would you be confident of that though? What about the way Gamefreak handles the series gives you confidence?
For years there has been fan outcry for:
Pokemon Snap sequel - never happened
Having your Pokemon follow you - happened in 2 remakes 9 years apart and other than that seems to be gone for good.
Post-game story content - doesn't exist in the most recent game at least
Increased difficulty - HAHAHA

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The level of condescending you manage to fit into every single of your posts is actually giving me a migraine
How is that condescending? I am leaving an obviously heated conversation because I don't want to put up with it. Theres literally nothing wrong with that.

Double K

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post; flaming
Yeah I'm done. You guys need to chill the **** out and understand what opinions are.
Nah, we know what opinions are. Just because everyone can have and is entitled to one, and that they cannot be wrong, doesn't stop the opinion from being terrible and the person having them from being super rude

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright

I’m out until you boys cool down

Something tells me I’ll never be able to discuss my favorite series in a positive light here again, so thanks for that.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno it kinda looks like **** on Pokémon hours to me
Everyone here loves pokemon, and because we love it that means when we see something bad happen regarding it it fills us with dread. This whole situation sets a bad example going forward.

Double K

Smash Lord
I dunno it kinda looks like **** on Pokémon hours to me
We're commenting on the nonsense of the official statement, not the actual game itself. I'm sure SwSh will be fine, but the things we're ******** about are completely valid things to rant about since like

the statement is for going forward

Also, a true fan complains because they love the thing

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
To anyone saying they expect Game Freak to patch the Pokemon later, why?

If that was the case then wouldn't you think they would at least attempt to be transparent about that? How hard would it have been to say in the Direct "due to the amount of work it takes to develop for a new console, not all Pokemon will be available at launch, but don't worry! We will be adding them slowly throughout the following year". It would be good PR, it would promote trust in the company, and most importantly it would have completely sidestepped this current ****storm.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If Game Freak is lazy and incompetent because they have to adhere to a tight schedule and are unable to add every last Pokemon on the first home console Gen, then I suppose we should say similar nasty things about Sakurai when the next Smash game with cuts rolls around.

I mean, it's only fair, right? Sakurai created one of the most successful fighting franchises of all time, so he should have plenty of money to hire more staff. Not adding every single character when we get to a roster of over 100 is completely unacceptable, and it might even be a sign that he's not capable of working on Smash. We'll just have to find a less lazy man who understand what the fans want and doesn't take shortcuts.

Geez, for real though. No one is saying it's not fair to be upset, but you guys are acting like you've actually sat behind a desk and made one of these games before. Have some heart.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
****ing hell, I understand you are not happy about us not liking the pokemon cuts but you shouldnt get mad when you have your opinions and we have ours.

hell, if people had opinions about Animal Crossing New Horizon, I wouldnt go "Ok Im out, I cant stand your opinions that arent my positive opinions" I dont know what else to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom