• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I have enough for a new Switch game, and there's a couple of options I considered:

Pokemon Sword

Super Mario Maker 2

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Dragon Quest XI S

Out of all of these choices, I believe Dragon Quest is the best option. I love Pokemon, but SwSh is really underwhelming to me, and it's severely lacking in content for an $80 game (I'm Canadian).

Super Mario Maker 2 looks good and I enjoyed the first, but I haven't been very creative lately which means I'd be missing out on half of what the game offers, and I'm not very skilled at it so I can't play a lot of cool levels.

Three Houses seems cool, but I'm not super familiar with FE and I'm considering playing Awakening as my first FE game.

Dragon Quest should do a great job satisfying my turn-based RPG craving, and I loved the 10 hour demo. Finally, I have a question. @JDCabrera What are your opinions on this game? I know you love the series so I'm wondering what you think about this particular entry.
100% get Dragon Quest XI S

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I have enough for a new Switch game, and there's a couple of options I considered:

Pokemon Sword

Super Mario Maker 2

Dragon Quest XI S

Out of all of these choices, I believe Dragon Quest is the best option. I love Pokemon, but SwSh is really underwhelming to me, and it's severely lacking in content for an $80 game (I'm Canadian).

Super Mario Maker 2 looks good and I enjoyed the first, but I haven't been very creative lately which means I'd be missing out on half of what the game offers, and I'm not very skilled at it so I can't play a lot of cool levels.

Three Houses seems cool, but I'm not super familiar with FE and I'm considering playing Awakening as my first FE game.

Dragon Quest should do a great job satisfying my turn-based RPG craving, and I loved the 10 hour demo. Finally, I have a question. @JDCabrera What are your opinions on this game? I know you love the series so I'm wondering what you think about this particular entry.
I’m not really a fire emblem guy, but three houses managed to hook me. But if you think dragon quest is the best option then go for it, I can’t speak much about it though cuz I haven’t played it.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Sword

Super Mario Maker 2

Dragon Quest XI S

DQXI S is totally one of the best titles in the franchise and was my favourite game of 2019 as a whole.

You should definitly try it.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Yeah, I think I will buy Dragon Quest. Three Houses will likely be the next game that I buy, I think it looks really good honestly. For now though, I'll go DQ since I already have an idea of what I'm in for and I really enjoyed the demo, and also played a previous title and loved it too.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
DQXI S is totally one of the best titles in the franchise and was my favourite game of 2019 as a whole.

You should definitly try it.
I don't know why but of all the major JRPG series, Dragon Quest is the only one I can't get into. I've played VIII and XI demo, got about 5-10 hours into the former and completed the demo of the latter. Something about it I can't put my finger and it's a little annoying.

I've played Pokemon, FF, Trails, Neptunia, Persona, Fire Emblem, Tales, Chrono, Mario RPG, Star Ocean and at least five more and I've completed at least one game of each series.
Dragon Quest I just can't get into. I don't know why.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know why but of all the major JRPG series, Dragon Quest is the only one I can't get into. I've played VIII and XI demo, got about 5-10 hours into the former and completed the demo of the latter. Something about it I can't put my finger and it's a little annoying.

I've played Pokemon, FF, Trails, Neptunia, Persona, Fire Emblem, Tales, Chrono, Mario RPG, Star Ocean and at least five more and I've completed at least one game of each series.
Dragon Quest I just can't get into. I don't know why.
Honestly, It is kinda natural.

Even if you like a genre you won't be able to get into every single franchise that is part of It.

I for example can't get into Doom 2016 even when I like some shooter games such as the original Battlefront 2 on PS2 or Wolfenstein.

Dutch Raikuna

Oh yeah boiiiii

“I hate everything and am sooooooo coooollll, arghhhhhhhhhhh”
I made an earlier post saying that I kinda agree with you on the music and stuff.
Its rappers nowadays and people who try and sing like they are about to give birth live on stage are the main reasons why I'm not as into music outside of game and anime stuff.

Gonna contradict myself but I oddly can tolerate stuff like heavy metal.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So. Who’s on team “first two weeks of February” and who’s on team “they gotta reveal a character before the pass goes up for purchase!”?
First two weeks of February. No more directs in January.

There were two directs in the first two weeks of the year, that’s crazy enough already.

Dutch Raikuna

So. Who’s on team “first two weeks of February” and who’s on team “they gotta reveal a character before the pass goes up for purchase!”?
I don't know but I am hoping the week coming more.

As for the latter, I don't think so and honestly I'm hoping not yet. I would rather see what Nintendo can do this year, especially with the Xbox Series X and the PS5 coming out. Not doing any console war **** but I'm very curious.
In a smaller Direct near E3 or something then yeah but not now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The best part of FEW is that when I play the game in the morning, Im greeted with Niles going "Rise and Shine Beautiful" amd when Im playing LATE at night, he would say its interesting to see me up so late

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
First two weeks of February. No more directs in January.

There were two directs in the first two weeks of the year, that’s crazy enough already.
Yeah. I kind of agree honestly. I feel like if they were gonna do one more direct it would have been this week. Squeezing one in by Thursday would just be awkward.

I’m both excited and terrified of the next Direct and what it could bring, pretty much will stay that way until Bayonetta 3 gets its bigger concept/story trailer and assuages my fears.

That’d explain your flat expression.
Ha ha. Very cute. Snake spells at an 8th grade level

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah. I kind of agree honestly. I feel like if they were gonna do one more direct it would have been this week. Squeezing one in by Thursday would just be awkward.

I’m both excited and terrified of the next Direct and what it could bring, pretty much will stay that way until Bayonetta 3 gets its bigger concept/story trailer and assuages my fears.
All I need is Odyssey 2 and that proper Paper Mario and I’m set for the entire year.

View attachment 259559

So uh

how does this work
He can’t hear a goddamn thing he just wears them like this to fit in.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All I need is Odyssey 2 and that proper Paper Mario and I’m set for the entire year.

He can’t hear a goddamn thing he just wears them like this to fit in.
I wish other game companies were as consistent as Nintendo with reveals. Because a lot of the games that would really set me for the year would probably be revealed at Sony or Microsoft events. And who knows when those could even happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom