• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, chances are this week a direct could be hitting us.

Aside from Fighter Pack 5 being announced, if this direct is indeed happening, what do you guys want? Screw predictions as they're never right anyway, what are your wants out of a direct this week?

For me, my biggest wants would be a new Donkey Kong game, and an update on Breath of the Wild 2. I'd also hope they clarify what happens with Smash DLC going forward in terms of their model with how it's released.
While I don’t count on a Direct being granted for this week, this is what I would want from one:

>DQ Heroes 1+2 Switch ports getting a release on the West
>Free UA3 update which adds Black Bolt and Medusa to the roster alongside new character costumes as the datamines and accidental website page leak pointed to
>New Mario spin off with Pauline in the playable character roster
>News on Bayonetta 3
>More on No More Heroes 3
>Details on LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga
>Reveal of the Famicom Detective Club Switch remake coming to the West
>Joker in TMS as the recent leak seems to point out
>Rare Replay/Master Chief Collection on Switch

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Aside from Fighter Pack 5 being announced, if this direct is indeed happening, what do you guys want? Screw predictions as they're never right anyway, what are your wants out of a direct this week?

For me, my biggest wants would be a new Donkey Kong game, and an update on Breath of the Wild 2. I'd also hope they clarify what happens with Smash DLC going forward in terms of their model with how it's released.
Metroid News. News on the Next Mega Man title that's already been in the works. DBFZ's Season 3, if that's really gonna happen.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

A 2D Metroid that continues the story past Fusion and a new Monster Hunter game for the Switch.

Also an update on the Panzer Dragoon remake as they've been quiet about it for a while.

D

Deleted member

Metroid News. News on the Next Mega Man title that's already been in the works. DBFZ's Season 3, if that's really gonna happen.
I would love to get Metroid news as a Metroid fan.

Doh I feel that would be more fitting as E3 material.

Would be 100% awesome to be surprised with the news at a regular Direct doh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why does one character pack in Mario Kart Tour cost more than any Switch game's DLC?

That's kinda ridiculous.
because...it be like that
WHY IS YOUTUBE FULL OF LEWDS TODAY JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST

Edit:

YouTube: "We noticed that you were listening to the Jojo OST, enjoy these lewds to go along with it!"
YouTube just wants everyone to love the lewd
He only had one thing to say:
View attachment 256941
Hmm... Worm or no worm, do you really think that a show like Steven Universe would go through with a PERMANENT major character death like that? Despite how much the show's changed and developed over time, and the fact that it's not willing to shy away from showcasing darker themes and subject matter, I really don't think SU has it in itself to show an onscreen shattering.
wouldn’t be surprising considering a good amount of kid shows for the past decade or so (some being more family friendly than SU and SUF) have done worse...not saying I want anyone to die in SUF
y̶̢͉̠̮͍͎̭̙̝͇͛͘o̶͇̤̲͇͔͔̝̙̍͛̽ụ̴̻̯͔̫̭̯̮͍̩̘̟̦͋ ̴̮͕͓̺̲̿͋̏̊̎͆͗̕̚̕c̴̲̳͕̱̞̫̤̞͗̋͑̽͆̇̄̌a̸̗̯̐̇͛̉̽̊ͅṅ̴̛͈͚͐̋̆́̃͘͠͝ ̵̧̨̟̤̦̤̩̗̍̋͊̊͘͝n̷̫̗̯̖͔͍͔̺̘̄̉̇̀̆̃͝͝ę̵̼̭̳̖̝̺͓̬͓̮͎̔́͑̋̽͑́͘v̷̨̡͚̱͍͈̠̰̺͚͕̲̭͎͒̋͋̚ẽ̶̟̦̰̬̜͂̾̈͊͒͋͗̍͌̽̑͘͝ͅŗ̵͚̲͚̰͙̦̠͔̮̙͇̐͌͜ ̶̨̧̛̫͈̙̜̜͇̜̓̈͆͐̏́͛͂̚͜͜g̶̠̪̰̪͖̱̖͛̒̏̈́̂̑̕͜͜͝ǒ̶̟̾̇̍ ̷̙͖̘̮̘̯͍̱͑̽̂̊͋̔̾̈́̈́͒̎͝b̴̧̨̡͚̯̪̫͔̯̠̜̹̜̥̔̽̊̈́̍͝ą̶͍͉̥͓̹̔͆͋̊̂͠͝͝ć̵̨͕̼̆̎͆̽͐̍̓͂͘k̸͓̱̠̱̈̈́̆͒͘ͅ (Beware the wabbit...)
View attachment 256955
I̴̡̢̺̺̦͐͛̀̔̄̓́͐̇̾̚͘ ̷̡̢̨͍̯͔̬̼̂̅́͝H̴̢̛͚̥̱̥̯̟͕̽̈́̈̄̈̿͋͂͗A̴̢̪͓͍̹͈͖͗V̴̛̭͉͉̯̩̝̔̈̐̃̈́͐̿̈́̇̓͑́̀Ẻ̵̢̨̲̩̪̻͍̲͌̒͘ ̷̨̬̻̘̞̗̭̮͚̺̖͍͎͎̳̋Ṯ̸̢̠͖͕̳̲̗̺́͒̓̔̈́́̿̔̆̇̊̚R̶̢̛̛̦̻͊̿̄́̏͊̃͋̐̎Ą̴̘̗̳̠̪̦̳͇̠̣̙͈͒̑̊̄̓͊̓̀̔́̀N̵̜͕̗͂͆S̴͙̱̥͒̔̂̇̋͜Ç̶̡͓͔̙̘̜͚̣̾̃̒͂͂̐̓̊̽̒͂̚Ȩ̶̛̖̣̺͖̭̈̈́͋̃̽̀̚̚̚̕͝͠͠Ǹ̷͉̯̟̠̭̥̣̰̭͕̰̳̲͋̓̄̒̒̽Ḑ̴͚̦̙̺͔̗̲̭̙̣̗̮͖̤͋̔̆̕̚É̴͍̠̣̑͋D̵̡̢͎͍̺̣̄̇̆͊̎̀̎́͊̈́̄̎͘͝ͅ ̸̢̖̯̹̝̞͕͉͛̄͂͗Ţ̸̢̧̩̱͕̞͚̖̬͚͉̒̽͜͝ͅͅI̸̢̜̯̖͚͖̪̠̍̈́̽̔͐̅̃̕M̶̛̟̠̮̥̱̣̘̣̙͔̫̐͋͌̊̓͐̽̓͘͠È̵̝͇̹̹̂̈̇́̓́́͘̕͘͜͜ ̴̢̧̡̛̮͕̣͉̩͖̞̗͓̄̇͗̑̄̓͐̀̑̂͘͝Ḁ̷̺̺̒N̴̲̋͌̆̈́̅̀̀̃̏̓ͅḐ̷̣̗̰̳͚̲͖͈̲̏͗͑̇͆͘͝ͅ ̷͕͇̼̥̱̥͙͖͐̈̋̃̔͆̏̿̏̾̚͜͝ͅͅŚ̶̨̢̡̢̛̛̤͙͈̮͍͈̈̒̑̅͌̽͐͑́͑̐͝P̸̡̛̣̻̳̲͙̈́̈́͌̉͌Ȁ̷̧̛̙̗̦̼Ç̶̗̼̎̍͊̐͊̊̾̈́̈̑̅͠É̴͉̘̮̥̣͓̖͉̀̔̈́͝ ̵̧̪̞͙̰͔̤̞̖̥̓͑̅̈́͊ͅȚ̸͖̬̺͍̰̠̤͍̖̈́͂̿̿̂͠O̸̻̲̮̞̞͓̖̫͓͕̩̟̅̋̓ͅ ̵̖̯̹̝̪̻̗͙̳̬̦̰͆̄̉̑̑͋ͅṶ̷̣̤͕̩̭̦̼̖͓̺̣͊̏̿̓͌̒͘͜͜Ń̸̲̲̬̥̤̺̟̝̰̩̮̘̍͜D̴̡̢̡̡̟̙̺̹͓̹̗̐̍̈E̵͉͒R̸̻͎̘̦̪̳̻̼̻̱̪̟̔̌͛͌͆̾̏̄́͒S̸̙̤̻̃͑̓̅̽̽̓̈́̅Ť̸̼͕̱̫̼͗͆͐͊̊͐Ą̸̢̡̠̲̳͈̈́̉̽̄̎̾̐̔̈̒͛̅͝N̸͍͈̣̄̊͝͝D̷͖̜̬̖͈̘̱̖̬̭̦͔̱̄̆̾̉́̋̀̾̄̑͒͝͝ ̶̛̼̻̱̮͇͇̣̦̜̈̏͒̓̎͂Ṫ̵̡̆͐H̶̡̡̧̰̳̪̤̬̠͓̮̠̫̤̆̒ͅÏ̷̖̯̲̩͓̭͝Š̵͎̣̠̜͚͑̈́̏̃̄͂̽͜͜͝ ̴̼̰̺̣͍̺͇̖͇̘̰͚̳̃̿͊́͐̆̽̔͛̀̄̚̕͘͜͝ͅİ̵̧̞͎͖̘͈̰̠̌̌̒̀̍͛̚ͅṂ̶̛̒͐̓͂̈́͊͘͝Ą̷̺̘͓̫̮̙̬̋̉͊̀̓͐̈́͂̅G̵͍͚͕̣̼͌ͅȆ̸͈̮̬̯̖͆̈́.̶̢̛͉͖̹͕͈̈͂̒͛̀͗̀͗̽̈́̈́̀̌̚.̵̲̻̣̮͉͉͖̳̯̅͛͆̋̏̿̌͗͗.̶̧̪͇̫̹͈̦͈̮̍̅̽͛̍͑͗̊...
6A5A4C98-F4F8-4E31-A67D-C70A4E063D9B.gif

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

Quite literally anything about Bayo 3 and I'd be happy

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
On the topic of anime, I'd highly HIGHLY suggest everyone check out the currently airing show "Keep your Hands off Eizouken"
Two episodes out so far, spectacular show. That's all I really have to add to the conversation
Watched the first episode yeterday and really enjoyed it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Wouldn't an announcement for season 3 of FighterZ be much more likely to happen at the end of the World Tour?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie Remake co-developed by MS and Nintendo, or at the very least Rare Replay on Switch

Killer Instinct on Switch

Bayonetta 3, and for it to squash my anxiety over that dumb internet rumor.

An NRS style Smash Reveal showing everything in the next pass.

More info on Pokémon that shows the DLC has some routes and towns in addition to the open spaces.

Long shot. But a new Switch based (or even multi-plat) DC game that’s not Injustice or Arkham.

A new Donkey Kong game of some sort.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... Worm or no worm, do you really think that a show like Steven Universe would go through with a PERMANENT major character death like that? Despite how much the show's changed and developed over time, and the fact that it's not willing to shy away from showcasing darker themes and subject matter, I really don't think SU has it in itself to show an onscreen shattering.
Can’t be worse than the literal massacre from the original Transformers animated movie, tbh.

Yes, this movie was marketed for kids.

D

Deleted member

I mean, you could be talking about 50 decks. But how many actually KO by literally summoning is another story.

Plus, to be fair, it's a niche FTK so it was fun to bring up.

Anyway, how'd locals go?
was refering to decks that just special summon half their deck’s worth of monsters, aka Guardragons

On the topic of locals, got shreked again. Did win one Duel, but lost the other 2 rounds.

3 more losses, one auto-win because I got axed round 4

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I see Kino's Journey, Lucky Star and Gurren Lagann on the same page, I approve.

Speaking of Kino, I'm still disappointed she's just a support in Dengeki Bunko, while basketball loli is playable. I mean, having Taiga and Shana is nice, so I can't complain too much, but Kino would've made it perfect for me.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

-Bayonetta 3 update
-Metroid Prime 4 update
-Maybe some Animal Crossing: New Horizons news

...That's really all I can think of for now.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

For me it's:
-New Wario Land on Switch
-3D Open-World Kirby game
-New Donkey Kong game
-Gamecube Virtual Console on Switch
-Pikmin 4

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

• More footage of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition alongside a release date
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • New 2D Metroid
  • Twilight Princess/Wind Waker being ported to Switch
  • Bayonetta 3
  • New Monster Hunter game
  • New Sonic game

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
was refering to decks that just special summon half their deck’s worth of monsters, aka Guardragons

On the topic of locals, got shreked again. Did win one Duel, but lost the other 2 rounds.

3 more losses, one auto-win because I got axed round 4
Ouch.

What matchups exactly?

Funny thing is Guardragons would do a lot less if they had banned REDMD like in the OCG. This significantly slows them down.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah this is also another good point for a direct this week imo:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Of course Tracker's the one reporting on this lmaooo

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How many people do you think will think this is relevant to Smash?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How many people do you think will think this is relevant to Smash?
I mean while some of the evidence for arle is questionable stuff like the English NSO Getting her Japanese’s game and not the English translation of kirbys avalanche makes her an interesting possibility for fighter five

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know how Arle for Smash has been getting so much traction.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Puyo Puyo series but it isn't something I think of when I think of Smash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean while some of the evidence for arle is questionable stuff like the English NSO Getting her Japanese’s game and not the English translation of kirbys avalanche makes her an interesting possibility for fighter five
Honestly, I think Arle will be added.... to Crash Team Racing. There was an old 4-Chan leak about CTR getting a bunch of Puyo Puyo content to promote it in the west. And while it was probably fake, real leaks have come out of 4chan, and this feels just weird enough to be real. Like Mario + Rabbids. We'll know in a few days either way when Activision puts out the breakdown of the next set of Prixs. And if it is by some miracle real, I don't think Arle is gonna be in Smash. Unless SEGA is doing some master-builder level multi-media marketing.
I don't know how Arle for Smash has been getting so much traction.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Puyo Puyo series but it isn't something I think of when I think of Smash.
TBH, a character based on falling blocks doesn't seam all that interesting to me. It makes more sense as a stage more then anything else.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Dang, I'll have to look into how much it is then.
Pretty much everything in persona is canon with the exception of weird phone games from old flip phones.

P5 in general has 4 games, P5, near the end of P5 is when the story takes a detour into PersonaQ2, after P5 is when dancing takes place and Scramble is after that.

There's also that one weird mobile crossover game Another Eden x Persona 5 that I'm not sure if it's canon.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Pretty much everything in persona is canon with the exception of weird phone games from old flip phones.

P5 in general has 4 games, P5, near the end of P5 is when the story takes a detour into PersonaQ2, after P5 is when dancing takes place and Scramble is after that.
Q2 and Dancing won't be essential to play Scramble, will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom