• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Three Houses was the whole reason I forgot about Smash for quite a time tbh. Am very curious about the upcoming extra story.

Byleth also deserves inclusion in Smash.

And Dimitri.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Am I the only who has a problem with the new Xbox?

It just looks like a chonky Xbone to me. Kinda wish it had it's own unique flair.

and wow... that name. "Xbox Series X". Nintendo has officially been dethroned as the king of bad console naming. They really should've stuck with scarlet
Nothing will be as bad as Wii U so Microsoft have a long way to go yet.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

It just looks like a chonky Xbone to me. Kinda wish it had it's own unique flair.

and wow... that name. "Xbox Series X". Nintendo has officially been dethroned as the king of bad console naming. They really should've stuck with scarlet
I legitimately thought this was a stopgap announcement because they weren't ready to show off Scarlett, and that the 'Series X' was just a line of XBOX-branded, pre-built, gaming PCs.

Took a bit to sink in that they actually, consciously chose to enact the steps required to have that thing to be their new console.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is kinda out of nowhere but
When it comes to Villain designs these characters are 100% my aesthetic
Villains.jpg

D

Deleted member

I know jack **** about Bravely so I thought it was Kingdom Hearts for a sec last night cndisbsodh

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
mfw if nintendo and square are ready to headline bravely as their main reveal at TGA then the franchise is clearly shooting up in their priority list just in time for fighter wave 2

1576244673130.png

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I'm calling it X-Fridge, X-Rectangle and X-Tower. (My nicknames for this console.)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Jumping on to the #KOS-MOSisFP5 train now.

Not to say Master Chief still doesn't have a chance I just feel his chances for FP5 has significantly dropped.

D

Deleted member

I made a summoning circle last night
ELn2cscWsAMF8O_.jpg

I will be posting it every time there is a Direct from now on

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
1576245360929.png

da gang
from left to right

tiz with attitude
agnes 2
ringabel (kalos form)
edea with a new hairdo

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Fighter #5 may have leaked, and...it's a hard pill to swallow. The leaker provided a blurry pic, but most insiders agree that the character is likely in Smash. Said character isn't exactly someone we were asking for, and I think a lot of people will be upset. I'll even admit that I got a little disappointed when I found out, because I never saw them coming.

ELnf5mEXUAAa1O0.jpeg.jpg

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Fighter #5 may have leaked, and...it's a hard pill to swallow. The leaker provided a blurry pic, but most insiders agree that the character is likely in Smash. Said character isn't exactly someone we were asking for, and I think a lot of people will be upset. I'll even admit that I got a little disappointed when I found out, because I never saw them coming.

Me: "Could this be the work of an enemy Stand?"

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I was hoping for Fighter 5 yesterday. but nothing. Oh well. Here is to hoping he at least gets mentioned before the new year.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what are you guys thinking?

FP5 sometime still this month or January/Next year.

Oh man imagine if we gotta wait until February...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On a more positive note. Things I look forward to for next year.

-More movies notably Godzilla vs. Kong, Fast & Furious 9, Antlers and Scoob!.
-Possibility FP5 and further DLC fighters.
-Moving into my own place.
-Doom Eternal, Fast & Furious Crossroads, Ghost of Tsushima and Marvel's Avengers.
-Mortal Kombat DLC fighters like Joker and Spawn.
-Getting a second job at Wacky's though it could start even this year.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Is there a reason why it seems like people are treating Vergebens latest deconfirmation wave like its nothing now? I thought we have learned from the Grinch Leak that it is dangerous to doubt Verge.

And what was with all of the stuff about Kos-Mos before last nights VGAs?

D

Deleted member

Well, I actually managed to watch TGA live because sleep is for the weak so here are my thoughts in no particular order.
  • Crash Team Racing winning Best Sport/Racing Game is nice, especially over something like Fifa.
  • Speaking of, no Crash announcements at all. Not at the Playstation presentation nor TGA.
  • Fire Emblem winning multiple awards, including Player's Choice, it's come a long way from being a once niche series.
  • No first party Nintendo announcement.
  • XBox X looks like a literal brick.
  • Disco Elysium having a 100% success rate with 4 nominations and 4 awards.
  • Disco Elysium winning more awards than Death Stranding. Quite the surprise given Death Stranding had nominations in 9 categories and it being a Kojima game.
  • Speaking of Kojima, slow down and let translator-san catch up. Poor guy had to memorize a novel.
  • Sekiro winning GOTY over Death Stranding, Smash or Resident Evil was quite surprising, too.
  • Jump Force being nominated for Best Fighting Game still feels like a joke.
  • On the flipside, SNK finally getting some spotlight on the big stage with SamSho being nominated is great.
  • Resident Evil 2 got snubbed.
  • Bravely Default 2 is a thing even though Bravely Second already exists. Weird naming choice, but ok, I guess?
  • I'd totally play Goddamn Superheroes.
  • Wolf Among Us is back. Never thought that would happen.
  • Reggie and Ninja were hands down the best presenters.
  • Muppets were cute, though I feel like the goose skit went on for a tiny bit too long.
  • Rodriguez and Diesel were pretty awkward to watch.
  • Pretty sure she also was drunk.
  • I totally misheard her saying "Tekken game" as "the Ken game" and was confused for a second when Street Fighter was mentioned "but that's the game with Ken". Took me a bit to realize she meant Tekken.
  • Fast and Furious was a disappointing game to end on, especially because it looks more like a PS3/360 game.
  • Probably because Valve decided to cancel the Half-Life appearance, still wonder why.
  • I don't care for Green Day at all, so that was meh.
  • With how often Reggie mentioned "fresh" in his speech, I was totally prepared to make a Pizza Hut joke, only to be beaten to the punch because said segment was presented by Subway: Eat Fresh TM.
  • Samsung and Linus really want me to buy a TV I don't even have space for.
  • Also don't forget to play Magic and get your Stadia today.
  • That one Dungeons & Dragons trailer looked really bad. I thought it was a joke at first.
  • Last year we got Persona 5's Joker for Smash. This year DC's Joker for MK11. What's next, Persona 2's Joker for BlazBlue Cross Tag? Literal playing card Joker for KoF? What a bunch of Jokers.
I might be forgetting stuff, I'm still quite tired, after all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sekiro: Shadow Dies Twice winning over Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is still such a joke. Totally robbed if you ask me...
You know, now that I have more time to think about it. Does Smash Ultimate not getting GOTY award really mean that much when Ultimate already won so many award from others places?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom