• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I somewhat dread KOS-MOS being fighter #5 because I'm certain he's going to believe his bull**** was correct and that he's some expert on making optimal business decisions.
I'll just report him if he's an ass about it and be hyped that KOSMOS got in.

D

Deleted member

I’m not talkin about you, I’m talking about the GOAT

Baku, from Boneless Pizza.

I can’t post the vid because it has cursing and images are ****ing broken. Just look it up, it’s not hard.
I mean, people here usually shorten my name to Baku anyway, so better to err on the side of caution.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ranting about how the Rex mii costume confirmed KOS MOS because Sakurai spit in the face of Xeno fans and he owed them KOS MOS as a consolation prize.
Oh, that guy.

Apparently he actually caused trouble in the KOS-MOS thread, so it's ironic he was vehemently making up theories and shutting people down who argued otherwise. He just contradicted himself sometimes, too, and he came into the Reimu thread to do the same frickin' thing, saying she was leakbait for Vergeben and Sabi while telling others outside of the thread that she's Fighter 5.

First person to go on my ignore list.

D

Deleted member

I would love it if KOS-MOS in Smash did lead up to something involving Xenosaga.

At best ports hopefullly.
Not sure how badly I want to try out the Xenosaga series. PS2 RPGs don't look appealing to me. That and my brother warned me he literally fell asleep when watching a let's play of Xenosaga so take that what you will.

D

Deleted member

Not sure how badly I want to try out the Xenosaga series. PS2 RPGs don't look appealing to me. That and my brother warned me he literally fell asleep when watching a let's play of Xenosaga so take that what you will.
I can understand that sentiment.

But even then, I would be cool with the Switch port for game preservation-purposes.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I would love it if KOS-MOS in Smash did lead up to something involving Xenosaga.

At best ports hopefullly.
I've been wanting to play Xenosaga ever since KOS-MOS' appearance as a Blade in XC2, so I'd love to see the trilogy be ported over to Switch to coincide with her potential Smash announcement.

D

Deleted member

Guess there's no better option other thank asking.

Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura KarneraMythos KarneraMythos how are Xenosaga as RPGs? Like compared to Xenoblade Chronicles, how's the gameplay? Looks like a traditional turn-based system.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just checked out the newcomer thread myself. Dude might as well be TFCZ, wow.

That capitalism take LMAOOOOO

D

Deleted member

I just checked out the newcomer thread myself. Dude might as well be TFCZ, wow.

That capitalism take LMAOOOOO
I was just there :p

Dunno if I’m not looking hard enough, but can’t find him. I only went back like 4 pages, so eh

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura KarneraMythos KarneraMythos how are Xenosaga as RPGs? Like compared to Xenoblade Chronicles, how's the gameplay? Looks like a traditional turn-based system.
The series is turn-based and a definitive case of Enjoy the Story, Skip the Game for most, but those who have played it recall it fondly, particularly the first entry and the third (skip the second one. It's the "Devil May Cry 2" of the trilogy). It along with Xenogears have unique combination mechanics that would eventually evolve into the more liberal gameplay system that the Xenoblade games currently have, giving you some degree of control over your actions.

Story-wise, it's quite hefty on the classic 90's anime Sci-Fi, with copious amounts of religious symbolism. If none of that nor the repetitive gameplay is your cup of tea, I advise to stay out of it. They're flawed games, but there's a lot of zen to derive from 'em given their high points. Just follow this personal life motto and you'll be making smart figurative (timely) and literal (monetary) purchases from here on out:

"If you didn't like it as a child, give it a chance go wild! If you don't like it as an adult, you won't get a different result."

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Xenogears was really fun. Very odd, but a good RPG romp. I think Xenosaga 1 was fun, but the design and the massive amount of story elements brought it down. I have 2 and 3, but never played them fully due to XS1 being so bland.

D

Deleted member

The series is turn-based and a definitive case of Enjoy the Story, Skip the Game for most, but those who have played it recall it fondly, particularly the first entry and the third (skip the second one. It's the "Devil May Cry 2" of the trilogy). It along with Xenogears have unique combination mechanics that would eventually evolve into the more liberal gameplay system that the Xenoblade games currently have, giving you some degree of control over your actions.

Story-wise, it's quite hefty on the classic 90's anime Sci-Fi, with copious amounts of religious symbolism. If none of that nor the repetitive gameplay is your cup of tea, I advise to stay out of it. They're flawed games, but there's a lot of zen to derive from 'em given their high points. Just follow this personal life motto and you'll be making smart figurative (timely) and literal (monetary) purchases from here on out:

"If you didn't like it as a child, give it a chance go wild! If you don't like it as an adult, you won't get a different result."
So, the plot is kinda inspired by Evangelion?

D

Deleted member

Xenogears was really fun. Very odd, but a good RPG romp. I think Xenosaga 1 was fun, but the design and the massive amount of story elements brought it down. I have 2 and 3, but never played them fully due to XS1 being so bland.
Thanks for the honesty. I'll check a let's play out and see if I like what I see. If repetition is an issue, I'll just get an emulator for the speed-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Thanks for the honesty. I'll check a let's play out and see if I like what I see. If repetition is an issue, I'll just get an emulator for the speed-up.
Cannot speak for XS2 and 3, but the problem for me was 1 battle and then 30 min of cinematics, Each time. Then throw in a really creppy guy who kills child like robots and it went. "huh."

I think that a lets play is a good idea. If you like what you see, give it a shot. I appreciate the series for what it tried to do more then how it did it. KosMos was bad ass though.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So, the plot is kinda inspired by Evangelion?
Yes and no. KOS-MOS' design is very reminiscent of Rei Ayanami, and there's loads of similar themes between the Gnosis and Angels, but while NGE is full of bleak hopelessness and nihilism, Xenosaga leans slightly toward the more hopeful side of existence. If anything, Nier is more of the Gothic Sci-Fantasy equivalent* to NGE.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes and no. KOS-MOS' design is very reminiscent of Rei Ayanami, and there's loads of similar themes between the Gnosis and Angels, but while NGE is full of bleak hopelessness and nihilism, Xenosaga leans slightly toward the more hopeful side of existence. If anything, Nier is more of the Gothic Sci-Fantasy counterpart to NGE.
Oh, the plot does sound really cool!

D

Deleted member

Cannot speak for XS2 and 3, but the problem for me was 1 battle and then 30 min of cinematics, Each time. Then throw in a really creppy guy who kills child like robots and it went. "huh."

I think that a lets play is a good idea. If you like what you see, give it a shot. I appreciate the series for what it tried to do more then how it did it. KosMos was bad ass though.
Sounds like an oof. A large part of my motivation is if KOSMOS gets in Smash. You know your design is awesome if it gets me to check out your series.

Shroob

Sup?
But ya, Verg and Sabi ain't saying it but KOS MOS has Verg sweating bullets rn, and Jon, I'm not a leaker, Gamexplain is predicting KOSMOS at The Game Awards.

I dunno anything about her but I for one would welcome our robot overlords.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
After the trainwreck that was the 2016 Ghostbusters.

**** no!
You should probably watch the trailer before jumping to conclusions. The 2016 movie wasn't too good, but that doesn't mean this new film can't be good. Personally I think it looks pretty nice, and that's coming from a Ghostbusters fan who has been anticipating this movie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom