• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Death Stranding should not win an award because, believe it or not, it's boring as **** and just not a good game, no matter how much "strand-type" gameplay Kojima shoved into it.

What Konami did to Kojima years ago was scummy af sure, but it's not like Kojima is some kind of industry genius or something. He's a game designer that's trying to make movies. He's like Normura if Normura was completely full of himself.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually, I'm kinda curious

How many of y'all are planning to watch the game awards live?

If it's anything like last year, it's probably gonna run right into midnight for me, but I made the sore mistake of sleeping through joker's surprise reveal, and I don't want to make that mistake again

Even without a smash reveal, I'm still planning to watch. Ultimate's in the running for the big award of the night, after all.
Will probably this year just because there are games that I actually care about up for nominations*. The show has been getting better each year as far as I can; especially if it's true that this year it'll be capped at about two hours (according to their Twitter account).

That said, I work until 6pm PST and have at least a 45 minute drive home. I hope they mostly give out the esports/streamer awards first. I could care less about those.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Aaaand there goes Light. Also because of Game & Watch.

I hate this character lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
Notice how you don’t see any common cats or dogs in Zootopia?

Humans don’t exist, so animals like wolves were never domesticated and made into pets.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

If it's anything like last year, it's probably gonna run right into midnight for me, but I made the sore mistake of sleeping through joker's surprise reveal, and I don't want to make that mistake again

Even without a smash reveal, I'm still planning to watch. Ultimate's in the running for the big award of the night, after all.
I only care about the potential Smash reveal, but I guess I’ll watch it. It’d be cool to see Nintendo’s guaranteed win and whatever they do announce, plus it wasn’t really that boring last year, even if it ran past 11 or midnight with me not caring about most of it...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Explain the lack of reptiles, birds and non-human primates then.
I mean if there are no humans it kinda makes sense that the movie wouldn't have our closest evolutionary relatives either.
Got me on the birds and reptiles though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think VGA starts at 4.30 am in my timezone, there's no way I can see it live.

Guess I'll look for a video link or something.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno about birds or reptiles or primates, all I know is that insects are canonically still normal bugs, and that’s where the predators get their meat.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally starting to finishing a long weekend Pokemon grinding session:
  • Got my planned Sword/Shield team all together and ready for the 6th Gym. I really hate EXP Share also carrying over EVs.
  • It took a few months, but Wailord is now in my Pokemon Go Dex.
  • Also unlocked Giovanni/Mewtwo's max level cap & moveset in Pokemon Masters. Now to grind even more to finish Sync Lvl/Potential.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm so freaking hyped to play this new gruesome game "Carrion" next year on Xbox One!:b:
hqdefault.jpg

Basically you are the monster itself (red blob thing) as you slaughter people and grow bigger as well getting new attacks.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm so freaking hyped to play this new gruesome game "Carrion" next year on Xbox One!:b:
View attachment 251461
Basically you are the monster itself (red blob thing) as you slaughter people and grow bigger as well getting new attacks.
xD Maybe something like that is something I would take if that meant I could play as Ridley...it would be probably not as gruesome, but still fun!

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Tried to change my Xbox gamerpic to be consistent across all platforms and it is stuck on my 360 pic as it needs approved.

Joy

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yoda just now becoming a big meme is kinda baffling to be honest.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the Mandalorian.

I swear people talk more about "baby Yoda" than the show itself (which is still consistently great, btw).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I complain about earlier games sometimes, but:

This is hardly a meme.
Good meme.

Honestly still irked that for some reason we never ever get Persona 2-I and Perona 2-II on the same system. PS1 or PSP? One or the other take it or leave it. Like, I've actually avoided 2 because of that lol.

Edit: will also say Persona 3's box art is ****ing incredible.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-its over the first week of the month and there’s no event calenear for heroes.

This week is also coincidentally the game awards.

I hope your all ready for dimitri and that heroes is hiding all the events tied to his inclusion until the smash reveal.

probably not but it really makes me think.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

I'd like to, but it's probably gonna run til like 5 in the morning where I live, and I need to go to work the next day

So no

StormC

Smash Hero

I'll watch it live in the background-ish while playing Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

I am really interested on seeing it live, yes.

Depends on my time frame doh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom