• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was watching the news and I simply don't understand art.

A museum had an ordinary banana that was duck taped to a wall

The ****ing thing sold for over $100,000.
Yeah, I genuinely enjoy learning to draw more things and characters and animating. But some days I wonder if I phone it in and do stupid **** like that if I could make bank.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just remember that we're all in this together and to keep our cool regardless of what transpires at The Game Awards.

unless something I don't like gets revealed, in which case **** everyone
> TVGA's go by without a peep of Smash news

> Geoff is never seen on the face of this planet ever again

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That’s because art is dumb. You do something random and claim there’s meaning behind it and suddenly it’s worth millions. I had a whole class full of people like that this semester.
As an artist/animator, I can't exactly say I'd call that work art. And I sure as hell wouldn't call the Egyptian sculptures or the Mona Lisa "dumb". Nor any work made by the likes of Jack Kirby or John Romita or Akira Toriyama. There's art everywhere, statues, comics, games, cartoons, clothing ect.

But anything that's "high concept"(i.e pretentious) stuff like putting lettuce between 2 cement blocks isn't real art to me. Art requires work and has some aesthetic value. I know there's plenty that'll disagree with me on it, but that kind of stuff is stupid bull**** people do to get gullible rich people to buy their ****.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
> TVGA's go by without a peep of Smash news

> Geoff is never seen on the face of this planet ever again
I expect the pitchforks and torches to be raised when Death Stranding ends up taking GOTY over Ultimate due to "Kojima bias".

No amount of Doritos will supply Geoff with enough fuel to escape the horde of disgruntled Smash fans.

Shroob

Sup?
Just saw the newest Jwitzz video.

Yep, not strange at all kids gonna be playing the Pokemon TCG and showing each other their V-cards.

Not strange in the slightest.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just saw the newest Jwitzz video.

Yep, not strange at all kids gonna be playing the Pokemon TCG and showing each other their V-cards.

Not strange in the slightest.
Some poor mom is gonna hear her little girl talk about how she gave her v card to an older kid in exchange for a Scraggy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As an artist/animator, I can't exactly say I'd call that work art. And I sure as hell wouldn't call the Egyptian sculptures or the Mona Lisa "dumb". Nor any work made by the likes of Jack Kirby or John Romita or Akira Toriyama. There's art everywhere, statues, comics, games, cartoons, clothing ect.

But anything that's "high concept"(i.e pretentious) stuff like putting lettuce between 2 cement blocks isn't real art to me. Art requires work and has some aesthetic value. I know there's plenty that'll disagree with me on it, but that kind of stuff is stupid bull**** people do to get gullible rich people to buy their ****.
I also don’t think art for arts sake should count. There has to be a point to it. A story or message. Beyond just fodder for the philosophers.
Yeah, but this beast will cook your pizza in beautiful high definition!
Instead of cook I read ****. I was very confused what you were doing with your pizza.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Some poor mom is gonna hear her little girl talk about how she gave her v card to an older kid in exchange for a Scraggy.
"Did you have fun at the card store today, honey?"

"Yeah, I traded my V-card to the store owner!"

*Spittake*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom