• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don't think it was a "step-down" as it changed a few things (the perspective, the structure of the world map, etc. WW still uses that same "6 worlds, 8 levels each, 1 special level" structure from past Yoshi's Islands), but it is less refined than Woolly World. Like they have an idea where they want the direction of Yoshi games to go deviating from the old games and they are SO CLOSE it's maddening :yoshi:
I still gotta finish Crafted. I think my problem with it is the fetch quests you gotta do to 100℅ it. Playing the same level 10+ times in a single sitting just to throw an egg at a random piece of scenery got kind of draining for me.

Plus, I miss the S levels. They were fun challenge levels that really made you get creative with the game's mechanics. That said, I still really like Crafted World.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't think it matters which is the default, I just imagine it'll be male because of the natural order of male and female. I don't understand why some people find it so important, but if it's enough for it to be fought online over then I guess there's sentiment to the idea that I don't understand the importance of.

Only thing that's "controversial" on F Byleth is the lingerie.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Male Corrin just ain't popular compared to female, das a fact.

Female Byleth opens the door for yuri with Edelgard if I'm allowed to be perfectly blunt.
I blame the stupid hair and the dorky ass voice.

The fact that we legit could have a 4 way war over which Fire Emblem character it could be is funny.
And from those Ashes of a 4 pronged war.......

1574215925178.png

*KNOCK KNOCK OPEN UP THE DOOR ITS REAL! WITH NON-STOP POP POP AND THE STAINLESS STEEL!*

Y'all thought Waluigi was the AT Upgrade?! Couldn't be ME!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1574216106641.png

What's so controversial? The tummy tum tum? I understand that the pattern on the leggings is a bit wack but I fail to see how that's too bad for E10+.

Samus gets to show her thighs, Byleth can too. :090:

Imagine how long it'll take for :ultbyleth: and :ultfemalebyleth: to get added if Terry and the Heroes are anything to go by.
Imagine it being Geno teased. Geno emote immediately but Byleth doesn't dare get one until release date because "uwu the mods are busy!".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do I really do this?:urg:

:(
I don't know. But at least you show an interest in potential characters. I'd rather that than someone who's like "EW! Terry Bogard? No one's EVER heard of him? Now Where's Geno from the game Super Mario RPG on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System!'

Somone (who I didn't particularly like anyway) really tried to say Terry was a shill pick for SNK Heroines. Said person also didn't smell great so that kind of spread the Smasher stereotype some.

I'd MUCH rather have someone start to get interested in something like DMC because of Smash, than to refuse to acknowledge something sick because they never heard of it.

Shroob

Sup?
I do find it ironic that people were hard-stanning against a Three Houses rep because "They'll be old news by then"

And now with the mysterious lack of Spirits, people be like:

download.jpg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
so People hate male corrin for the stuff that doesnt matter, got it
Corrin's not that popular in general, but if the design of the Male one doesn't jell with people, the female version is bound to be more popular. I like Male Robin's design more personally, because he has a cooler hair style. I think that applies to Corrin as well.

In all due repsect what the **** is Rillaboom a traitor to?
She wanted Rillaboom to have a feminine design. But how anyone could hate a Super Saiyan 3 Monkey Pokemon is beyond me.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I do find it ironic that people were hard-stanning against a Three Houses rep because "They'll be old news by then"

And now with the mysterious lack of Spirits, people be like:

View attachment 247299
People going wacko crazy about 3 Houses but still sleeping on Porky to the day.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH as long as Byleth is fun, that's all I care about.

Like, Terry for me personally was a snooze pick in terms of hype, but he's fun to watch and play so honestly I'm fine with almost anyone as long as playing them is fun. Mainly because when I play a Smash character, it is to have fun playing as them, not to see them on a CSS and go "Ah yes, just the right amount of reps for [INSERT FAVORITE FRANCHISE HERE]. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be."

FE could use more completely unique fighters is all I'm sayin'.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Byleth would basically be akin to Ivy from Soul Calibur, right?

Never played 3 Houses but heard that they have a sword that works like a whip.

D

Deleted member

aahahah yeah, As much as you tell them "they are both the same, ****ing stupid" most go "well male corrins hair is dumb"
Yeah but it is though
Male Corrin looks like the exact type of person who walked into the barber shop and said "Just **** my **** up"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If the next pass focuses on first-parties, we’re definitely getting the best chubster ever: King Porky himself.
FINALLY someone with brain capacity. :p

Byleth would basically be akin to Ivy from Soul Calibur, right?

Never played 3 Houses but heard that they have a sword that works like a whip.
Yeah, that's the Sword of the Creator.

untitled.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ngl tho.

I'd be down for Byleth

But Pokemon Trainer-like character would be neat with the 3 Lords.
-3 characters in 1

-that'd technically give us 10 fire emblem characters in total, ticking off a good chunk off the fanbase

Yeah, I'd be down for this

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
TBH as long as Byleth is fun, that's all I care about.

Like, Terry for me personally was a snooze pick in terms of hype, but he's fun to watch and play so honestly I'm fine with almost anyone as long as playing them is fun. Mainly because when I play a Smash character, it is to have fun playing as them, not to see them on a CSS and go "Ah yes, just the right amount of reps for [INSERT FAVORITE FRANCHISE HERE]. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be."

FE could use more completely unique fighters is all I'm sayin'.
That's true that it matters more that said character is fun. People will care alot more about other elements since this is a huge crossover game, and plenty of people want a wide variety of series and characters to have their moment in the sun. I can sympathize with that as well.

Funnily enough I was the opposite with Terry. Easily my favorite of the bunch so far. I only played a few SNK games, but he was my main in each one I played. Whereas Joker and Hero were pretty neat, but not anyone I was personally invested in. And Banjo-Kazooie, while not someone I grew up with, was something I could really appreciate the effort and hype behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom