• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
also, it's a real shame that Ultimate got snubbed for best game direction

Sakurai put passion, devotion, and his literal well being into overdrive with this game, and to see it get completely glossed over is just... sad

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
They're making me choose between MK and Smash for best fighting game.

Don't do this to me man this is like making me say who my favorite child is.

D

Deleted member

also, it's a real shame that Ultimate got snubbed for best game direction

Sakurai put passion, devotion, and his literal well being into overdrive with this game, and to see it get completely glossed over is just... sad
Dawg it got nominated for 3 awards, including the big one, it's hardly being glossed over

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I doubt it will amount to much, but here's my votes for the Game Awards (you can vote here: https://t.co/aJA2LjdyVQ?amp=1) For simplicity's sake, I'm only going to list the categories where I've actually played one of the games.

Game of the Year: Smash Bros. Ultimate

Best Art Direction: Link's Awakening

Best Score/Music: Devil May Cry 5

Best Indie Game: Untitled Goose Game (HONK HONK)

Best Action Game; Devil May Cry 5

While I've played Link's Awakening, I can't really vote for it as Best Action/Adventure game - it doesn't seem right for some reason.

Best Fighting Game: Smash Bros. Ultimate

Best Family Game: ...Smash Bros. Ultimate

Best Strategy Game: Fire Emblem Three Houses

Best Sports/Racing Game: Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

Debut Indie Game: Untitled Goose Game

Best eSports Event: EVO 2019

Going through the categories made me realize that I barely played any new games in 2019. Part of it is because I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One, but still, it was a little eye-opening. I generally don't like horror games, so I'm not sure how much fun the Resident Evil 2 remake would be for me, and I don't like the frustrating "git gud" games like Dark Souls, Ghosts 'N' Goblins, etc., so I can rule Sekiro out.

Still, I'll likely give Death Stranding a shot at some point (I love Metal Gear, though I know next to nothing about Death Stranding's gameplay), and I might look into Control. (all I know about that game is that there's a possessed refrigerator) Borderlands 3 might be work a look, but I own Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: the Pre-Sequel, and Tales from the Borderlands, and I haven't played through any of them yet, so that probably wouldn't be the best use of my money.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Minecraft didn't get best community support despite the massive community support it has with all the builds, art, mods and whatever the heck else, with Mojang themselves even listening to the community and taking feedback/ideas.

Eh, I guess you can't win 'em all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
tbf it's not like they had much to choose from.
Yeah. They picked what they have.
Well, what's wrong with SamSho & Dead or Alive 6?
Dead or Alive 6 only has two attack buttons. It’s super simplified and not very good.

SamSho is fine. But it’s so niche that I don’t see it getting any votes. That one was more of a pity laugh then a funny laugh.

D

Deleted member

I guess you could say the nominees made a big.... IMPACK? eh? eh?
I'll just see myself out, I have work to do anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
are ya’ll watching and reacting to the Game Award live around here on Discord?

It would be awesome if we could react to it together and have a fun time as in E3.
Discord makes my head hurt, so no. Hope you have fun, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How the hell did you get past the 10char limit?

MODSSSS, @JDCabrera is hacking!

edit: wtf it's an entirely different message when I quote it. Just said LOL on my end
I honestly don’t know what happened.

First osby posted a post just quoting the part where I tagged him and without reply, then I tagged that post saying lol and when it got posted it just had lol on it.

Then osby fixed the message so I changed mine’s.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like the Game Awards will come under fire if Death Stranding wins game of the year, considering that Geoff Keighley (the executive producer and host) is in the game. (at the very least, he let the developers use his likeness)

Mind you, it's only one game of the year award out of who-knows-how-many (and for all I know, Death Stranding deserves it), but it's something to consider. (it could be seen as a conflict of interest; I think the Famitsu magazine had a similar problem in Japan, where a former Famitsu higher-up had a cameo in the game and Death Stranding was one of the few games in the magazine's history to get 40/40)

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If I watch the VGAs, knowing my luck, I'll stay up to god knows when in the morning and not see any hype (for me) announcements

If I don't watch them, knowing my luck, I'll miss a load of hype announcements

I prefer the latter fate tbh

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How the hell did you get past the 10char limit?

MODSSSS, @JDCabrera is hacking!

edit: wtf it's an entirely different message when I quoted it. Just said LOL on my end
The quote itself is part of the word limit. So if you quote something, it still counts as a full message, since the literal coding is counted too.

This is why spam problems exist too(like image-only posts).

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just checked.

MK isn't in best audio design. Look I don't even care what made it in over it but MK's audio design is actually fantastic, and it extends just beyond how much life it gives to the gorier aspects of the game, though in that aspect it absolutely excels still. The sounds of Shao's hammer, Jax's fists hitting people, distinct sound queues for when meter fills or the fatal blow is available, Nightwolf's outro with his yell transitioning to a wolf's howl so well. The sound design in the game is so good and it makes me sad that the one time it could have been properly appreciated it was glossed over.

D

Deleted member

The quote itself is part of the word limit. So if you quote something, it still counts as a full message, since the literal coding is counted too.

Oh, I’ll take that in mind the next time I do something like that then,

D

Deleted member

That's not what I meant, see my edit.

I really wish I'd screencapped it now, but JDCabera's post literally only said "LOL" on my end when I quoted it.

D

Deleted member

I really wish I'd screencapped it now, but JDCabera's post literally only said "LOL" on my end when I quoted it.
That’s because I quoted a post that had nothing written on it either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Huh. Strange. If the post itself wasn't quoting something, it shouldn't be able to post at all.

Oh, that's why. JDCabera quoted a post, which adds to the word count limit. As noted, this is why you're able to quote a post and make a spam reply like LOL in the first place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Huh. Strange. If the post itself wasn't quoting something, it shouldn't be able to post at all.
I quoted a post that basically had nothing but another quote.

Maybe the quote didn’t show since it literally had nothing written in the original post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom