• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
After watching people play sword and shield and watching Game explains spoiler review, I can safely say that if the story was based on the pokemon getting bigger and not have the legendaries and sports shoehorned in, it would be a game Id play

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
After looking at Gen 8's Pokemon for a while I've come to the conclusion that I hate almost all of them, except the Scorbunny line. If I ever actually buy sword and shield that's the only Pokemon from that generation I'm putting on the team.

If Youtube truly dies in 2020, I will 100% move to Twitch and Newgrounds.
Newgrounds in 2020: "AHH AFTER 10 YEARS I'M FREE, IT'S TIME TO CONQUER EARTH!!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My cat is the wierdest.

FBF35CFD-D8DF-4848-A920-6C37B56A9BC5.jpeg

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So like

Whenever, if ever Verg spills his guts about 5, since you know he knows who 5 is at this point

Do we take his word as gospel or still act like he's shaky?
I dont see any reason not to take him seriously at this point.

And I think we should start spoiler tagging if he does leak FP5

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Haven’t been in the social thread for awhile..

Don’t know how many of y’all care for Star Wars, but anybody here watched the Mandalorian yet? I personally really liked it and been waiting for a Star Wars show like it for years. What did y’all think of the first two episodes?

D

Deleted member

I auditioned for a game.

They said the character should sound similar to Larry the Cucumber.

I got cast.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Don’t know how many of y’all care for Star Wars, but anybody here watched the Mandalorian yet? I personally really liked it and been waiting for a Star Wars show like it for years. What did y’all think of the first two episodes?
It’s not blowing my mind, but I really dig the space-Western vibe and I’m definitely invested in seeing where it goes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeaaaaaah about the whole "SwSh does bad things to your console!" thing, I have yet to run into any of the supposed bugs the game has.

Not saying that they aren't there potentially, it's just I have yet to encounter them. Heck, the bug that supposedly happens if you have an exFAT SD card hasn't happened to me yet, and that's what my card is formatted to. Hopefully it stays that way, but who can say?

This is reminding me a lot of that one video back during the Switch's launch that was a compilation of Switch problems. It started spreading around, and because negative = clicks and reactions, the narrative got spun that the Switch was having "massive" day one problems when the actual number of failed consoles wasn't that massive, especially seeing as how all day one consoles deal with stuff like this. It's the world we live in now; games launch with bugs, hardware can have defects when they're the first ones off the assembly lines, and they get resolved with patches and replaced units via warranties. Being a day one owner of anything nowadays runs you the risk of this stuff.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Still implemented better than the dummy ring bombs from 06.
I wonder if it was the inspiration for this.

He also has an omnidirectional jump dash which isn't actually unused, they just moved it to Super Sonic in the final.

Now, Knuckles's old sprite. The muzzle looks odd but I like the angry face. His quills actually move and has some rather smooth animation which is kinda nice.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Ok. Here’s a fun exercise. Go down the list of Smash franchises and add as many additional characters from each one that you feel it needs. Not that you want. That you feel is needs. (I know that technically no franchises NEEDS anything but go with me here). I’ll post mine in a sec after I think about it a bit. There is no limit to how many characters you can add.
Mario: Waluigi, Toad/Toadette, Birdo, Geno
DK: Dixie Kong
Zelda: Impa, Midna, Tetra, Hilda
Kirby: Bandanna Dee, Adeleine and Ribbon
Star Fox: Krystal
F-Zero: Black Shadow, Jody Summer
Splatoon: Octoling
Xenoblade: Elma, Rex & Pyra, Mecha-Fiora
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
EarthBound: Ninten, Kumatora, Paula
Kid Icarus: Viridi, Medusa
Pikmin: Alph as a separate character, make Louie the alternate costume for Olimar and Brittany and Charlie the alts for Alph.
Pokemon: Eevee, Meowth
Fire Emblem: Lyn, Anna, Byleth
Wario: Ashley, Captain Syrup
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Final Fantasy: Terra Branford
Fatal Fury: Mai, Nakoruru, Kyo, or Iori
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Sonic: Tails, Shadow
Bayonetta: Jeanne
Persona: Yu Narukami
Dragon Quest: Heroines
Megaman: Protoman, Roll

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Ok. Here’s a fun exercise. Go down the list of Smash franchises and add as many additional characters from each one that you feel it needs. Not that you want. That you feel is needs. (I know that technically no franchises NEEDS anything but go with me here). I’ll post mine in a sec after I think about it a bit. There is no limit to how many characters you can add.
I have another hot take if anyone wants one.

Looking at everyones list for these, it makes me realize just how much we have covered all of the important 1st party characters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
From what I've been reading, it seems like it's an issue with counterfeit SD cards, like how playing as Mii Swordsman or Duck Hunt in Smash Ultimate bricked some people's Switches during the Piranha Plant update.

Basically, it seems like people are buying cheap SD cards, not realizing that they could be counterfeit (or not checking how much space is actually on them), and blaming Nintendo for their own mistake.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

The first episode had me completely enthralled from start to finish, it's everything I think I could have wanted from a series like this. The second episode, while still good, I didn't find as exciting, but there were still a lot of excellent moments.

I'm actually currently playing Jedi Fallen Order too. And I can't wait for Rise of Skywalker.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have another hot take if anyone wants one.

Looking at everyones list for these, it makes me realize just how much we have covered all of the important 1st party characters.
I still think we're missing a few. Paper Mario, Waluigi, Dixie, and BWD are some I'd like to see. And then of course, we have franchises with a rotating cast, like FE and Pokemon.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
The first episode had me completely enthralled from start to finish, it's everything I think I could have wanted from a series like this. The second episode, while still good, I didn't find as exciting, but there were still a lot of excellent moments.

I'm actually currently playing Jedi Fallen Order too. And I can't wait for Rise of Skywalker.
Actually it’s the opposite for me, I liked the 2nd episode better but that’s mostly because I love Jawas. Still I can’t wait to see more of the other Mandos and I hope we can see another one of those Bounty Hunter Droids, IG-11 was awesome.

I’m happy that Jedi Fallen Order sounds good, I’m not one for shooters so it’s been ages since I’ve had a Star Wars game interest me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
  • Mario: Geno, Toad, Waluigi, Goomba, King Boo, Paper Mario
  • Yoshi: Kamek, Poochy
  • Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
  • Zelda: Skull Kid, Midna, Impa, Tingle
  • Kirby: Bandana Dee, Adeleine (I guess it doesn’t “need” Adeleine, but they were going to have the four playable characters concept in Kirby 64 originally...)
  • Wario: Jimmy T, Mona, Ashley
  • EarthBound: Ninten, Giegue, Porky
  • Pikmin: Alph (separate him from Olimar), Louie, Plasm Wraith
  • Metroid: idk.
  • Pokémon: Gen 3 and Gen 5 ‘mons, Gen 8 ‘mon, Gengar, Raichu
  • Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
  • F-Zero: Black Shadow
  • Star Fox: idk.
  • Fire Emblem: Lyn
  • Wii Fit: uh...the balance board?
  • Splatoon: Octoling
  • Retro series: Balloon Fighter, Mike Jones, Mach Rider
  • Mega Man: Wood Man >:]
  • Sonic: Tails, Shadow, Dr. Eggman
  • Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
  • Final Fantasy: Black Mage
  • Dragon Quest: Slime
  • Metal Gear: idk.
  • Castlevania: idk.
  • Persona: Jack Frost
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda Winkybunion
  • Fatal Fury: idk.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Mario: Waluigi, Toad/Toadette, Birdo, Geno
DK: Dixie Kong
Zelda: Impa, Midna, Tetra, Hilda
Kirby: Bandanna Dee, Adeleine and Ribbon
Star Fox: Krystal
F-Zero: Black Shadow, Jody Summer
Splatoon: Octoling
Xenoblade: Elma, Rex & Pyra, Mecha-Fiora
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
EarthBound: Ninten, Kumatora, Paula
Kid Icarus: Viridi, Medusa
Pokemon: Eevee, Meowth
Fire Emblem: Lyn, Anna, Byleth
Wario: Ashley, Captain Syrup
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Final Fantasy: Terra Branford
Fatal Fury: Mai, Nakoruru, Kyo, or Iori
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Sonic: Tails, Shadow
Bayonetta: Jeanne
Persona: Yu Narukami
Dragon Quest: Heroines
Megaman: Protoman, Roll
>Mecha-Fiora

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
  • Mario: Geno, Toad, Waluigi, Goomba, King Boo, Paper Mario
  • Yoshi: Kamek, Poochy
  • Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
  • Zelda: Skull Kid, Midna, Impa, Tingle
  • Kirby: Bandana Dee, Adeleine (I guess it doesn’t “need” Adeleine, but they were going to have the four playable characters concept in Kirby 64 originally...)
  • Wario: Jimmy T, Mona, Ashley
  • EarthBound: Ninten, Giegue, Porky
  • Pikmin: Alph (separate him from Olimar), Louie, and Bulborb or Plasm Wraith
  • Metroid: idk.
  • Pokémon: Gen 3 and Gen 5 ‘mons, Gen 8 ‘mon, Gengar, Raichu
  • Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
  • F-Zero: Black Shadow
  • Star Fox: idk.
  • Fire Emblem: Lyn
  • Wii Fit: uh...the balance board?
  • Retro series: Balloon Fighter, Mike Jones, Mach Rider
  • Mega Man: Wood Man >:]
  • Sonic: Tails, Shadow, Dr. Eggman
  • Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
  • Final Fantasy: Black Mage
  • Dragon Quest: Slime
  • Metal Gear: idk.
  • Castlevania: idk.
  • Persona: Jack Frost
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda Winkybunion
  • Fatal Fury: idk.

I get wanting all of these characters, but why exactly do we “need” all of them?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How come the only anime that ever seam to get big crossovers and the like are the ones that belong to Shonen Jump? I know of a handful that don’t. So where’s the love for them and their companies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I get wanting all of these characters, but why exactly do we “need” all of them?
They seem like notable characters or represent part of their respective franchises (or are a mascot, i.e. Jack Frost).

I don’t think we really “need” anyone, anyway, as it’s a game and we just want different characters, though some like Bandana Dee and Toad seem like obvious picks.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just got my third badge. Here's the team:

Raboot: 33
Boltund: 33
Corvisquire: 32
Linoone: 33
Barraskewda: 32
Applin: 24

Trying to find Applin's evolve item. I think it's in the next town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom