• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, we have an Xbox, but as it stands, it's a glorified youtube player atm.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Huh, TIL that's a thing.
Tbf, I'm basically a Nintendo+Pc only gamer, so..
The games are PC exlcusive aside from a Game Boy Color game and port of Keen Dreams to Switch (maybe other stuff, I've only seen the Switch port).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Rage 2 was actually a really fun ass game.

D

Deleted member

The games were PC exlcusive aside from a Game Boy Color game and port of Keen Dreams to Switch (maybe other stuff, I've only seen the Switch port).
I'm a gamer from like 2009 onwards, so anything before the Wii is irrelevant.

D

Deleted member

The games were PC exlcusive aside from a Game Boy Color game and port of Keen Dreams to Switch (maybe other stuff, I've only seen the Switch port).
I'm a gamer from like 2009 onwards, so anything before the Wii is irrelevant.

Edit: double posted by acc, mods delete this please.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ugh, I hate mindsets like this. Just go try some of those older games.
Don't have the time or income to do so(legally anyway). In around 2 years I might, but most of those games were crap(with rare gems like Mario 64)

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Don't have the time or income to do so. In around 2 years I might, but most of those games were crap(with rare gems like Mario 64)
Most of the games were not crap. That's why so many developers are trying to emulate them now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I mean, im going in expecting to be dissapointed pff
Honestly, now, so am I. YOU HEAR THAT PESSIMISTS! You won! I’m not expecting anything now. I’m expecting Masahiro Sakurai to come on stage and tell us that he was lying and that dlc isn’t coming soon. I’m expecting them to pass the platformer act of 2019 which bans the genre. I’m expecting everything to become Fortnite, Dark Souls, and Assasin’s Creed.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I can understand thinking older games have weaker controls and cameras because it is true for the most part, but I refuse to believe you can find no enjoyment in most older games regardless.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I guess I wish they were advertised better then.

I can’t play on PC though. My laptop is crap.

What would you recommend?

I try. But shooters and RPGs and ***-Arkham Creed games don’t really interest me.
3D Platfomers? Pick up some Rare Replay and play Conker and the Banjo games. Yooka-Laylee is pretty good. A Hat in Time is incredible. Ratchet and Clank is gorgeous and a great spin on an old classic. Crash N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy are just ****ing beautiful. 2D platformers? Shovel Knight, Tropical Freeze, Ori, Hollow Knight, Super Meat Boy, The Messenger, Strider, Metroid: Samus Returns, and The Castlevania Anniversary Collections just off the top of my head. Fighting games? Mortal Kombat 11, Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, Samurai Shodown, Fighting EX Layer, King of Fighters, Dragon Ball FighterZ, the cluster **** amount of ArcSystem anime games like BlazBlu, the list goes on. Hack and slash? The Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, the Devil May Cry Franchise, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. You just gotta look around man there's games all around you. You just gotta dive in.

D

Deleted member

*Says something that 99% of people are gonna disagree with*
"Haha okay let's not start a debate now!"
What I meant was more so that I don't like old games, and don't feel like investing time into playing them.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, now, so am I. YOU HEAR THAT PESSIMISTS! You won! I’m not expecting anything now. I’m expecting Masahiro Sakurai to come on stage and tell us that he was lying and that dlc isn’t coming soon. I’m expecting them to pass the platformer act of 2019 which bans the genre. I’m expecting everything to become Fortnite, Dark Souls, and Assasin’s Creed.
Snake, honey buns.

You and Michael need to take a MASSIVE chill pill.

E3's just a big commercial, you two are WAY too invested in this.

D

Deleted member

PSA: Teasing people you disagree with is not how you convince them to try what you like

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People think the fake smash ball Sakurai had is meant to represent the Xbox logo. With the x in it formed when it explodes.

All I’ve got to say is man people really have a lot of time to think about these things

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You'll feel better after you watch some Animal Crossing on Tuesday.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wolfenstein always looks good so no surprise there.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm really looking forward to Wolfenstein Youngblood. Shame that the physical copies are just a box with a download code on the Switch, but I'm hoping that my PC can run it if it can run Devil May Cry 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom