• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, the moment I saw desperation moves, my first thought was "can he cancel normals into these?"

The answer is yes. He can use these as many times as he wants, and he can confirm them off normals.

This character is scary.
You know what's scarier?

:GCRT:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not really.

Sakurai likes to make characters as faithful to their design as possible. Keeping Mai's exquisite physique 100% is damn near impossible. Bayonetta got behind because of her clothes not even being clothes and therefore being able to be slightly censored while retaining the original idea.

Mai's literal fighting strategy is "daze em with ****, blow em to bits". Impossible to bring to E10+ faithfully. I wouldn't call it body shaming.
Why are so many people here not getting the joke?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude stop.

I lost the bet, I pay the price. Simple as that. You don’t have to do anything man.
bro what bet could you have possibly lost

you act like this is the end all be all, your pride is getting to your head

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You know what's scarier?

I know you're implying shield but that's why him being able to confirm these off normals is important. They're unsafe af on shield, however, he can avoid this by going for normals instead, which are much safer, and if the normal lands then he can go for the desperation move knowing it will hit

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dude stop.

I lost the bet, I pay the price. Simple as that. You don’t have to do anything man.
Unless I’m mistaken, your punishment for losing the bet was just a two week avatar change, not an account deletion. You mentally decided that on your own without bringing it up to the other person. That’s not how bets work.

Please don’t do this dude.

D

Deleted member

What I’m getting from this is that Noipoi secretly made a self-bet about leaving that he didn’t share to anyone and also made part of the publicly shared bets.

Needless to say: I find that weird.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, the moment I saw desperation moves, my first thought was "can he cancel normals into these?"

The answer is yes. He can use these as many times as he wants, and he can confirm them off normals.

This character is scary.
Yeah, but it's Smash community we're talking about.

You're going to see people SD'ing with Crack Shoot 98% of the time.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
You know what's scarier?

Terry is a beast on shields tho. Power Dunk (especially the input version) is crazy strong and being able to go into it directly after a jab combo is nasty. I'm no expert, so I could easily be wrong, but Terry sounds great in the power department at least

D

Deleted member

Well, I love Terry, but at this point Smash Bros is pretty much unplayable for me. The Joy-Con drift has gotten way too bad, I've constantly been doing up specials/tilts when all I want is to do a neutral.

Anyway, from my limited time playing as him, he's a ton of fun and his command inputs feel easier to use than the Shoto clones' due to him not having input sensitive normals and aerials. Power Dunk and Crack Shoot are really fun and Buster Wolf feels really satisfying to land. I just wish he had "(ARE YOU) OK?" as a taunt as well.

I'll definitely keep using Terry... is what I'd love to say, but as mentioned above, I need new controllers first and they are kinda low priority.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really you guys will delete your account over bets? I never took these seriously and thought they were just jokes. Seriously don't guys. I'd miss you. :(

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Unless I’m mistaken, your punishment for losing the bet was just a two week avatar change, not an account deletion. You mentally decided that on your own without bringing it up to the other person. That’s not how bets work.

Please don’t do this dude.
Yeah, Noipoi Noipoi , you can't really just change the terms of a bet and change what you do when you lose all on a whim. It simply doesn't work that way. No need to get your account deleted, anyway.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What I’m getting from this is that Noipoi secretly made a self-bet about leaving that he didn’t share to anyone and also made part of the publicly shared bets.

Needless to say: I find that weird.
I'm guessing he wanted to prove to himself how determined he was to avoid leaks.

Personally, I don't really care if Noipoi agrees to go through with the bet, both mine and his own. I won't stop him if this is what he truly wants to do, but I don't think he's in the best state right now.

I would recommend waiting a few hours, then coming back to see if I feel the same as I did before.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, I love Terry, but at this point Smash Bros is pretty much unplayable for me. The Joy-Con drift has gotten way too bad, I've constantly been doing up specials/tilts when all I want is to do a neutral.

Anyway, from my limited time playing as him, he's a ton of fun and his command inputs feel easier to use than the Shoto clones' due to him not having input sensitive normals and aerials. Power Dunk and Crack Shoot are really fun and Buster Wolf feels really satisfying to land. I just wish he had "(ARE YOU) OK?" as a taunt as well.

I'll definitely keep using Terry... is what I'd love to say, but as mentioned above, I need new controllers first and they are kinda low priority.
Where do you live? Because certain regions are replacing drifting joycons for free.

D

Deleted member

I’m getting sick of the people painting Square Enix like musical assholes while ignoring the amount of good content Dragon Quest got for this game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay, so different topic because this one is just cringey.

Do we have a round up of what was talked about in the Terry stream?

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

- Basically a history lesson on NeoGeo, SNK, Fatal Fury, and KoF
- Terry's breakdown and how he works
- How the KoF Stadium stage functions
- Song List (50 songs!!)
- Spirit Board
- Mii costumes for Fatal Fury, KoF, Art of Fighting, SamSho, and Virtua Fighter

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sakurai also brought a lot of stuff with Hero that made up for the Final Fantasy stuff.

Square isn’t as petty as people claim.
I mean, wasn't it Square who suggested for Hero to have the alternates based on Erdrick, Solo and Eight(and in turn, it allowed more music)? I'm not sure what it is about their music, but I think Square cares a bit more than people think, but for some reason, they can't show that care as much as they'd want to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, but it's Smash community we're talking about.

You're going to see people SD'ing with Crack Shoot 98% of the time.

Granted, it's with Incineroar but those 5% of the time it works makes it so worth it.

D

Deleted member

Story of SNK

Sakurai talking about how it is fair to give characters who not everyone knows about a chance by sharing an example from his Smash 64 days about some people asking him who Samus was.

Terry’s moves

Alts

Stage showcase with guests from many SNK games, making an annotation that one couldn’t be added for being too mature for Smash (described as a game for all ages).

50 songs as I imagined.

Mii costumes of SNK characters and Virtua Fighter.

Full edition of Terry’s trailer with gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Please Noipoi don't go...Many of us are really gonna miss you...:(

Who cares about some damn bet. Its really nothing in the end at all when you got friends here including myself.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So that should show people not to get carried away with stream times. There was a lot of SNK content to cover. I am still amazed by the music and how Sakurai told us how it went down.

I am liking the stage. It looks like a blast for stamina and sudden death.

Terry himself looks well done. More inputs means most people will drop him but I think his kit is solid.

Sakurai saying that being recognizable is not a quota is not new but hopefully people stop using sales or other numbers to determine who is more likely than others. Capcom could easily have Phoenix or Amatarasu before Resident Evil based on how much fun Sakurai has making the concepts alone, for example.

The mii costumes under scrutiny not being shown is not a surprise, but also bothersome. I really do not want discussion to focus on that until the next reveal. Alas...

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Noipoi Noipoi

You'd better be joking about deleting your account, the whole putting your account on the line over some stupid bet thing has got to be the dumbest ****ing **** on the internet.

The person who put the leak in the chat is trash, **** that person. Keep your account.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, wasn't it Square who suggested for Hero to have the alternates based on Erdrick, Solo and Eight(and in turn, it allowed more music)? I'm not sure what it is about their music, but I think Square cares a bit more than people think, but for some reason, they can't show that care as much as they'd want to.
I think that "some reason" is SE allowing composers, to keep the rights of their songs.

SE is really not in a bad spot in terms of content compared to Bandai-Namco.

D

Deleted member

Where do you live? Because certain regions are replacing drifting joycons for free.
Eh, to be honest, it's too much of a hassle dealing with postage. It's not like I'm short on games anyway, CTR, KoF 14 and Yakuza 0 to name a few. Still, thanks for the head's up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Noipoi Noipoi

You'd better be joking about deleting your account, the whole putting your account on the line over some stupid bet thing has got to be the dumbest ****ing **** on the internet.

The person who put the leak in the chat is trash, **** that person. Keep your account.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Noipoi's probably one of the best people I've met on this site and one of the more recognizable ones I know alongside my reptile brethren Zinith.

D

Deleted member

Furret
Skitty
Delcatty
Absol
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Pachirisu
Buizel
Floatzel