• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
In other news, I just saw Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark last night.

Has anyone else here seen it? I've never read the books but, as a fan of the Horror genre, I have to say that those were some of the most freaking disturbing monsters I've ever seen in film or any form of media.
I read the original books. I enjoyed them. Was one of my middle school franchises, you could say.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
We obviously talk a lot about Smash here, but I hadn't previously thought of the remaining potential picks in terms of "older" icons and "newer" icons.

Think of it this way:

Classics
Leon/Jill/Chris
Dante
Heihachi
Crash
Lara Croft
Rayman
Lloyd (?)
Hayabusa
Puyo Puyo (?)
Doom Slayer (Could be considered either imo)
Sora (?)
Scorpion/Sub Zero

Newer Icons
Ezio Auditore
Jade (Beyond Good and Evil...kinda sorta maybe)
Tracer
2b
Sans (Mii costume, likely won't be playable, but I think he fits here)
Noctis
Lightning
Steve
Monster Hunter
Jonesy (YIKES but yeah)
Doomslayer
Dragonborn
Sora (?)
Geralt (originally from a book, but yeah)
Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro (no particular consistent protag, but popular nonetheless)
Commander Shepard (Doubt this one even has a shot but eh)
Borderlands (Lilith?) (another one I doubt for Smash entirely)

I'm sure there are ones I've missed, but I think this is kind of interesting. Our current DLC picks have kinda sorta been split down the middle, with Joker and Luminary taking in the "Newer icons", while the other Hero skins, Banjo-Kazooie, and Terry have been more of a classic representation.

Makes me wonder if Pick 5 will be newer, especially if the reveal is at TGA like Joker was.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Fair point. I don’t know how it acts. But I do know that if I were a trainer in the Pokémon world, and I didn’t know anything about the path of evolution of my starter, and that thing popped out. I’d run away scared.

ok. You know there are gender signifiers that go beyond the presence of sexualization, Right? We’re in a fantasy world here.

I don’t know what I expect. I just know how I feel about it.

But whatever. Sword and Sheild is clearly not for me. It’s the most popular media franchise in the world but only a handful of designs appeal to anything other than little boys. That’s just how it works and I shouldn’t have expected more.
I don't really know what to say except maybe you'll warm up to them over time.

I mean, look at Incineroar. It got bashed from day 1 thanks to its design screaming fighting type, but people gradually warmed up to it. Then it became hated again for getting in Smash, but people slowly warmed up to it in that case too.

Give them some time, let it sink it for a few days, then come back and see if your opinions changed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really enjoyed Days Of Future Past back when it released.

This was definitely one of my favourite scenes in the movie alongside the action shots set in the dark future:

I hope that in the MCU we get to somehow see Quicksilver do any stuff of this level.

Maybe a flashback in Wandavision or Doctor Strange 2?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm honestly entirely burned out by the MCU tbh. Only films I'm interested in are Guardians 3, Doctor Strange 2 and maybe Spider-Man 3 but that's it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Between all my IRL friends planning to buy Pokémon SwSh at launch, and the way these leaks have actually rose up my interest for the games, I am now considering the idea of picking the game on December.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Boy Id say. seeing how you want all the pokemon to look like girls and thats not how things work
They don't need to look like girls. Just the starter, the one who I'm supposed to form the biggest connection with.

There just needs to be a sizeable pool that don't look overly-masculine. Which can mean a variety of things. I like Mewtwo and Gengar just as much as I like Gardevoir and Diancie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They don't need to look like girls. Just the starter, the one who I'm supposed to form the biggest connection with.

There just needs to be a sizeable pool that don't look overly-masculine. Which can mean a variety of things. I like Mewtwo and Gengar just as much as I like Gardevoir and Diancie.
What are you on? Grookey's final evo is the only one who looks particularly masculine coded.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While Pokémon is on our minds, here's a fun fact: Everything about Missingno. (appearance, type, stats, moveset, etc.) varies differently between what version and language you're playing:

Missingno. stats.png

The stuff shown as 0x00 are the index numbers as they would be otherwise glitchy text.

Credit to ChickasaurusGL for this info.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What are you on? Grookey's final evo is the only one who looks particularly masculine coded.
which is the one that I feel the most betrayal on. But my problems with the rest of the starters are not related to that like, at all. Intelleon is just ugly, and Cinderace is pretty boring.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Grookey was my favorite pokemon of the starters. Rillaboom looses everything I liked about Grookey. Therefor, I feel betrayed. Seams like a pretty good use of the word to me.
You're talking about disappointment.

It's not like a fictional monster can turn on you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Grookey was my favorite pokemon of the starters. Rillaboom looses everything I liked about Grookey. Therefor, I feel betrayed. Seams like a pretty good use of the word to me.
Betrayal implies going back on a promise.

You weren't betrayed. You're disappointed. Don't be dramatic.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Classics
Leon/Jill/Chris
Dante
Heihachi
Crash
Lara Croft
Rayman
Lloyd (?)
Hayabusa
Puyo Puyo (?)
Doom Slayer (Could be considered either imo)
Sora (?)
Scorpion/Sub Zero
No Master Chief.....

And yes, I know we got Banjo & Kazooie and he's unlikely to be Pick 5, but still...

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For those who've looked, which of the starters has your favorite final evo?

For me, it's Scorbunny. I'm a little sad though because it seems like a lot of people don't like it at all. Maybe it's just their initial reaction talking, just like how people hated the other two at first.
Intelleon, it's basically been an Incineroar case for me where at first I didn't like it, but alternate poses and artwork has made me really warm up to it. Rillaboom's a close second, I already liked it to begin with and it's not moved from that favorable spot since. Cinderace looks fine and I don't get the hate it gets either, but I will admit that I do want to see more of it myself.

Ironically, Grookey's is the only one who I haven't seen being called girly.
I always found that interesting since compared to examples like Primarina or even Delphox, both are very gender neutral. They're more like Serperior where you could see them as either gender and not really get any fuss from it. Even Grookey leans more towards neutral then Chesnaught or Incineroar since it's more like a stereotypical gorilla, who are naturally bulky in both forms.

D

Deleted member

I have an awful feeling that the Limited Edition LEGO Burtonmobile will only be given to those who buy the upcoming 250€ UCS version.

Say, I like to get these kinds of badass LEGO sets as bonus...

...But there’s no way my parents will let me ask a friend of my uncle who lives at Madrid to pick a 250€ LEGO Batmobile unless I get even more lucky than in my birthday.

D

Deleted member

I heard there were people talking **** about Grimmsnarl and I refuse to stand for that bull****
I love it's design so much that it honestly might be one of my new favorites

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, my mother just heard about the stuff I wrote.

The reactions were as expected.

...well.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
>Beedrill
>Parasect
>Heracross
>Scizor
>Ariados
>Ninjask
>Shedinja
>Armaldo
>Vespiquen
>Scolipede
>Leavanny
>Galvantula
>Escavalier
>Accelgor
>Volcarona
>Vikavolt
>Ribombee
>Araquanid
>Lurantis
>Golisopod
>Buzzwole
>Pheromosa
>Frosmoth
>Orbeetle
>Centiskorch

How do we keep winning bug bros????
How do we consistently stay the best type with the best pokemon?????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom