• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
On the bright side...

Sobble's evo doesn't look like it has an obvious theme tacked on like most modern final evos have.

When the leaker said a spy theme, I was expecting a fedora and some shades.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was never going to buy the game from the start, unless it managed to somehow wow me. And guess what?
it didn't.
Same.

Been a Pokemon fan since childhood and I haven't bought Pokemon games for every Nintendo console I have. Now I just in it for Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Genuinely surprised y'all don't like Grookey's final evolution. Depending on Scorbunny's I may even actually say it's my favorite of the bunch by far.

Love that his drum is an uprooted tree stump. Plus it kills the AMA leak.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm not looking much into spoilers, but how would you guys react if Sobble's final evolution got into Smash Bros. Ultimate/the next Smash Bros. game?

Just a little question for you all.
I would be unimpressed that we get another generic Final Evolution Starter instead of better choices like Corviknight or both Zacian/Zamazenta.
(It's disappoints me that we get final evolution starters every time over other unique Pokemon which is unfair...)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't see a problem with Sobble's Final Evo. It looks pretty dapper.

That said, I'd also wait for the Pokedex descriptions. I mean, the Pokedex descriptions were the reason why lots of people warmed up to Incineroar.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
On the bright side...

Sobble's evo doesn't look like it has an obvious theme tacked on like most modern final evos have.

When the leaker said a spy theme, I was expecting a fedora and some shades.
To me it looks like one of those spies with tighter suits in some cartoons and movies.

Or Gex.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I would be a bit A N G E R Y that we get another generic Final Evolution Starter instead of better choices like Corviknight or both Zacian/Zamazenta.
(It's disappoints me that we get final evolution starters every time over other unique Pokemon. Getting boring so much.:glare:)
I can agree with you on that, even though I have an obvious bias for the Legendaries.

Starters are cool and all, but they're so predictable and safe. I'd like to see Sakurai take a leap of faith with someone else, like he did with Lucario before it had its massive popularity.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw the evolutions.

I was going to choose sobble first then grooky’s.

Sorry sobble but grooky gang wins now

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think I’m finally taking Pokémon off my Christmas list. I don’t think I want to play it anymore.
Saw the evolutions.

I was going to choose sobble first then grooky’s.

Sorry sobble but grooky gang wins now
That evolution is garbage and completely removes all the charm the starting form has.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm not looking much into spoilers, but how would you guys react if Sobble's final evolution got into Smash Bros. Ultimate/the next Smash Bros. game?

Just a little question for you all.
(sobble)
I wouldn't be very surprised. After all...
Sakurai has a precedent for picking the worst starter of their generation:ultcharizard::ultincineroar:...
anyways, we haven't seen it in motion yet, so I might like it after all (didn't everyone hate Delphox before it was actually revealed?)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I may have been wrong on one thing regarding the starters, though...

It seems Sobble may be the sexualized 'mon with tons of art. Though I'm still betting on toned rabbit athlete

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m not a fan of how Sobble abandons the crying gimmick it has with its evolutions. Makes them feel so disconnected from each other. This same thing happened with Froakie and the bubble scarf gimmick too.
Yeah, but there's still a scarf theme with Greninja. Using its tongue instead, something pretty much every frog is known for. So I don't think it's that disconnected. I won't speak too much on the new stuff to avoid spoiling people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom