• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Surely if we were getting a reveal it would’ve been announced ahead of time..right?
I’d love to be wrong though.
Tell that to Joker's announcement thou.
TBF thou, Joker being announced out of the blue does fit his character alot and was pretty clearly a marketing move.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Apparently the Smash website uses a hosting service which the FEH website and Steam also use, and they're down as well, so I guess it's just having problems.
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

I am not okay.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
persona 5 royal spoilers have now officially hit the scene and are out there

those who care beware

D

Deleted member

I thought that the 11/1 Direct was a whole bunch of filler if you exclude Kencineroar and WoL. That, and I was hella salty that they made a Mii costume of Rex and turned Shantae into a Spirit.

The assist trophy segment was pretty painful to sit through, too. I honestly thought that Isaac fans were finally going to get their moment, so I was disappointed for them when he got the AT treatment. Pretty lackluster Direct when you compare it to the bombshell that we got in August.
i feel your pain dude. I would consider this direct a let’s reveal everything fest

anyway the way I’ll share my thoughts about the 11/1 direct will be in segments and I’ll do it one at a time. Some of them will bring laughs tho. I will start doing this on the 1st of November

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
persona 5 royal spoilers have now officially hit the scene and are out there

those who care beware
I don't want spoilers, yet at the same time...I kinda need to know what happens to pancake boy and what Kasumi's code name is.

This wait is going to be excruciatingly painful.

D

Deleted member

I find it kinda funny that we're in such a big news drought that something as simple as one of Nintendo's sites going down jumpstarted discussion again lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I find it kinda funny that we're in such a big news drought that something as simple as one of Nintendo's sites going down jumpstarted discussion again lol.
It’s not a big news drought tho lmao

We know news is coming next month, that’s the opposite of a drought. A drought is when you go for months with no indication of any possible information for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We know news is coming next month, that’s the opposite of a drought. A drought is when you go for months with no indication of any possible information for the foreseeable future.
Well, I guess our definition of drought is slightly different.

I was using drought more as hyperbole than literal.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
We're gonna be hitting November on Friday, guys.

Just be patient. It'll likely fly by quicker than you think.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Share those spoilers with me, I need them.
from screenshots/info shared on 4chan (though i've taken these via reddit):
  • expanded akechi confidant, possibly a romance option but if not it's very very fanservicey in tone
  • akechi's rank 10 confidant is the requirement for the bonus story featuring the new palace and kasumi
  • black mask akechi and kasumi join in late january
  • kasumi's confidant auto-advances at key points throughout the base game story up to level 5, then the arcana inverts and continues to level 10 in the vein of p4's seekers of truth social link (i.e. something that advances quickly over a bonus episode/dungeon)
  • kasumi potentially has no thief codename and is just called yoshizawa in the last dungeon (not confirmed via pictures yet)
more coming in very frequently so i might update this if there's anything big

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I feel like this place is going to be miserable when the last DLC content for Ultimate is finally released.

D

Deleted member

I feel like this place is going to be miserable when the last DLC content for Ultimate is finally released.
You mean for the Fighters Pass or afterwards when the entire thing is over? Cause if afterwards it won't be miserable it'll be dead lmao

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You mean for the Fighters Pass or afterwards when the entire thing is over? Cause if afterwards it won't be miserable it'll be dead lmao
The latter.

We have people acting like we're deprived of Smash info, yet at least the game is still being actively supported with new content to look forward to. I honestly dread the day when we get the final Smash Direct.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We can at least settle down knowing we got THE ultimate Smash game we fans wanted.

Can also reflect back to when Smash begun. Its characters and when they debuted and such.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The latter.

We have people acting like we're deprived of Smash info, yet at least the game is still being actively supported with new content to look forward to. I honestly dread the day when we get the final Smash Direct.
After that point it’s just gonna be me talking to myself.

Nah just kidding.

I’ll be gone by then too.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
The latter.

Well like, we did techinically get the final direct.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Has FP5 leaked yet in anyway, shape or form? (If yes, spoiler tag who it is)

And also, what is the point of dodging P5 Royal spoilers if it is the same story, but altered just a little bit?

D

Deleted member

I don't know how I did it, but I saved my birthday at the last hours of the day.

I feel happy now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m auditioning for a Brazilian character, but instead of telling me how to do a Brazilian accent, YouTube keeps trying to tell me that Brazilian accents are hot.

YouTube. Please.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the most important p5r leak of all from 4chan is that the final boss + theme apparently kick ass

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Yesterday, I started developing a bit of a stuffy nose which is slowly starting to clear up as of now. Tried stamping some hot water onto my nose to relieve myself from the sickness.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So where do we stand on smash speculation now? last I heard all contenders for character five had been smited. Any idea who numba 5 is now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom