• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So the Mega Man talk reminded me, for my Sonic Clash ideas, for any guest character I wanted to also add in some themed costumes for some of the other characters and with Mega Man being one of the guest characters I want to add, I want to give Mega Man costumes to some of the Sonic cast like Quick Man for Sonic or Shadow Man for Espio, what would be some other cool MM costumes I could give to some Sonic characters? I could link my roster if I need to.
Who all is in it?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So assuming the direct regarding Terry's demonstration might come out on the 6th if that one edit on SmashWiki is anything to go by should we expect any leaks regarding DLC fighter 5 next week or a few days before the supposed direct?
Someone who edits the wiki likely just jumped the gun and assumed a leak was real.

A direct may very well be on the 6th, though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Who all is in it?
Here’s the roster so far:
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt
Dark Chao Walker
Void
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Here's a discussion topic: What is your top 10 favorite games ever? (I kinda want to know for research purposes as well and by research I mean I'm making a list of games I should play) I'll start

1) Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
2) Mother 3
3) Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Banjo-Kazooie
6) Fire: Emblem three houses
7) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
8) Super Mario Bros 2 (USA)
9) Ninja Gaiden
10) Super Mario World
If I had to pick one per series, and not in exact numerical order (since they're all such different games, quantifying them in any particular order isn't exactly a math problem):
  1. Halo: Reach
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  3. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  4. Trace Memory
  5. Chibi-Robo! Plug Into Adventure
  6. Fallout: New Vegas
  7. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  8. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  9. Pokemon: Emerald
  10. Battlefield 4

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't exactly think a top ten but surely a top 3 at least.

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
2. God of War (2018)
3. War of the Monsters

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is there a reason people are freaking out about the KOS-MOS thing on GameFAQS? Or is it just for something to talk about?

Not that she wouldn’t be cool, I just don’t see why that particular leak is getting that sort of attention.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post: censor dodge
Here's a alternate Universe Smash meme

Carmelita Fox vs. Terry matchup be like:

<image redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is there a reason people are freaking out about the KOS-MOS thing on GameFAQS? Or is it just for something to talk about?

Not that she wouldn’t be cool, I just don’t see why that particular leak is getting that sort of attention.
A previous post that had the same cat image said Hero would be like Bowser Jr. when it came to alts., and claimed there was a "buddy" codename presumably for a Western character, which turned out to be Banjo & Kazooie. There's a bunch of posts with the same cat image, too, so people are keeping the one that claimed Reimu and KOS-MOS in mind, since they seem as if they could be from the same guy, using the cat image to identify himself. Since it's 4chan and they're anonymous, though, it could just be a troll who saw this and decided to take the image and fake a leak, acting like they were the same person, especially since a post from yesterday did exactly that (it was obvious since they claimed the same thing regarding KOS-MOS and Reimu, but added dumb stuff like "they're going to remove Dark Samus and make her an assist trophy again").

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mentioned this elsewhere, but I definitely think people are sleeping on Assassin's Creed getting a character in Smash, Ezio in particular.
It'd be another Terry situation here. He was mentioned a few times as "Hey, he'd be a reasonable choice!" And I kind of agree. Granted unlike Terry, Ezio isn't someone I immediately can say I personally care about. But certainly wouldn't be against him either.

At least some version of the Venice Rooftops theme would kind of slap.

It also helps that Assassin's Creed is actually very popular in Japan for a western game, while Rayman has historically sold really poorly there.
As to why Rayman's asked for more, I think he fits the typical Nintendo audience a bit more, AND he's the main character of each of his games, with the Rabbids more or less spinning off after that. Not to say he isn't iconic in his own right. While Ezio is the most prolific of a series of protagonists that change almost every game. It's fairly easy to imagine each gameplay wise though, if you ask me.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
A previous post that had the same cat image said Hero would be like Bowser Jr. when it came to alts., and claimed there was a "buddy" codename presumably for a Western character, which turned out to be Banjo & Kazooie. There's a bunch of posts with the same cat image, too, so people are keeping the one that claimed Reimu and KOS-MOS in mind, since they seem as if they could be from the same guy, using the cat image to identify himself. Since it's 4chan and they're anonymous, though, it could just be a troll who saw this and decided to take the image and fake a leak, acting like they were the same person, especially since a post from yesterday did exactly that (it was obvious since they claimed the same thing regarding KOS-MOS and Reimu, but added dumb stuff like "they're going to remove Dark Samus and make her an assist trophy again").
Another thing that might be a boost to credibility or (most likely) just funny: The KOS-MOS leak said Hayabusa and Reimu would be post-FP DLC back in September, which was basically predicting the discussion of the past week.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Carmelita Fox mains are the most annoying players online.

They’re the type of people in a Fantasy Roleplay club that would use an air soft when they’re told to choose any weapon they want.

They’re the type of people who thinks Pyro is the best class in Tf2.

They’re that one guy who Mains Deadshot In Injustice 2 all throughout its lifespan.

They’re the type of people who think using water guns on dogs is funny.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I looked it up for myself.

Some of this could be hindsight, but some of those guesses aren’t that hard. Rumors of Banjo were out there awhile before it came to light. Having different Hero skins isn’t that crazy, or at least was never ruled out.

The code name is probably the best piece of evidence, but this literally seems like all these other leaks we see where it “suddenly” shows up with credibility suddenly, but then turns out to be nothing.

Not convinced. At least not until a Smash leaker says something that indicates KOS-MOS. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Here's a discussion topic: What is your top 10 favorite games ever? (I kinda want to know for research purposes as well and by research I mean I'm making a list of games I should play) I'll start

2) Mother 3
3) Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Ninja Gaiden
10) Super Mario World
1. Pokemon Snap
2. Luigi's Mansion
3. Pokemon Silver
4. Breath of the Wild
5. Wind Waker
6. Bioshock/Bioshock Infinite
7. Banjo-Kazooie
8. Kirby's Dream Land
9. Glover
10. Bonk's Adventure

Edit: Obviously the Smash series is up there, but picking one feels impossible.

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I looked it up for myself.

Some of this could be hindsight, but some of those guesses aren’t that hard. Rumors of Banjo were out there awhile before it came to light. Having different Hero skins isn’t that crazy, or at least was never ruled out.

The code name is probably the best piece of evidence, but this literally seems like all these other leaks we see where it “suddenly” shows up with credibility suddenly, but then turns out to be nothing.

Not convinced. At least not until a Smash leaker says something that indicates KOS-MOS. We’ll just have to wait and see.
The code name to me says that this person definitely had information. But that doesn't necessarily mean they know FP 5, or that it's even the same person (4chan being anonymous after all)

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

2) Mother 3
3) Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Ninja Gaiden
10) Super Mario World
That’s a tough one, it’s real hard to narrow it down into just 10. I know I probably forgot some, but for right now here are mine in no particular order.

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
2. Team Fortress 2
3. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
5. Don’t Starve Together
6. Pokémon Heart Gold
7. Pyre
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. Mario Party 2
10. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

2) Mother 3
3) Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Ninja Gaiden
10) Super Mario World
1. Super Smash bros Ultimate
2. Minecraft
3. Rhythm Heaven Megamix
4. TIE: Pokemon Black & White/Pokemon X & Y
5. Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
6. Daytona USA
7. Sonic Generations
8. Super Mario 64
9. Mega Man 9
10. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Honorable Mentions: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Kirby Super Star, Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart Wii

you know I have interesting tastes when the game many critics and historians hail as the single greatest of all time just barely snuck in there as number 10

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Eggman: Doctor Wily
Amy: Splash Woman
Blaze: Torch Man
Silver: Gemini Man
Big: Guts Man
Espio: Tornado Man
Vector: Commando Man

...That's all I've got so far.
That’s a good start, I’d also see Amy as Roll and Rouge being Jewel Man too.

I can share some Persona 5 costumes for Joker to bring as well (both normal and Phantom Thieves uniforms)
Tails: Morgana
Knuckles: Ryuji
Rouge: Ann
Blaze: Makoto
Espio: Yusuke
Cream: Futaba
Amy: Haru

Sonic would probably have his own Joker costumes though I’m trying to decide on Goro

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know I read somewhere on here earlier that there have been murmurs of Dante being in the mix of names heard for Pick 5 and bruh. I would be SUPER down.

Like, even if it wasn’t Resident Evil, I’d still count that as a win.
When you see the flinch in their eye calling their bluff.

faceapp-DMC-Dante-4.jpg

D

Deleted member

1. Super Smash bros Ultimate
2. Minecraft
3. Rhythm Heaven Megamix
4. TIE: Pokemon Black & White/Pokemon X & Y
5. Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
6. Daytona USA
7. Sonic Generations
8. Super Mario 64
9. Mega Man 9
10. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Honorable Mentions: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Kirby Super Star, Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart Wii

you know I have interesting tastes when the game many critics and historians hail as the single greatest of all time just barely snuck in there as number 10
To be fair I didn't even mention Breath of the Wild despite it being an absolutely fantastic game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
From what I've been told about 4chan leaks, users have trip codes that go with their posts. The original leaker had a trip code that the "new" posts, about KOS-MOS and Reimu, do not have, therefore making it impossible to say if it's the same poster.

If you were the same poster, and you wanted to get more credibility and be believed, why would you not:

1) Provide the code names for Terry, and the unannounced Fighter #5
2) Have the same Trip code

Chances are, the answer is because it's not the same dude. Thinking this is fake.

Folks, half the reason people make fake leaks is because the fanbase eats them up. Every. Single. Time.

EDIT: Let's also reflect on the fact that this dude would have had to have gone from just knowing the codename of the character before to now literally knowing content in the post-fighter pass lineup.

That's a big jump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom