• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
They purposefully added Wii U screenshots on the Switch pre-order info, that is deceptive and whether something matters or not is of no relevancy here. Deception is deception no matter how big or small. And we're talking about a full 60 bucks game here.
And if you really wanna get into the nitty gritty, it could indeed be called "lying by omission", by not letting people know about that beforehand.
Nintendo never purposely added Wii U screenshots to mislead people. They apologized and said that the Wii U screenshots were an error.

They made a mistake and tried to quietly correct it, but no, they were never actually deceptive and/or tried to withhold information from fans. This isn't a moral issue.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What. I thought nintendo didn’t do stuff like this? I thought they had a soul.
We don't even know the reason. For all we know, the people running the site and images didn't know about the changes until they were announced. Nintendo isn't just one person.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The main difference between Japan and us is that Japan didn't know they're getting the edited version and already pre-ordered so it's understandable for them to get a refund on their pre-orders but for us we knew we were getting the edited version and people just cancel their pre-orders because they don't like the quote-unquote censored content. I find that funny

D

Deleted member

Nintendo never purposely added Wii U screenshots to mislead people. They apologized and said that the Wii U screenshots were an error.

They made a mistake and tried to quietly correct it, but no, they were never actually deceptive and/or tried to withhold information from fans. This isn't a moral issue.
I read that page, I was the one who linked it here to begin with, that doesn't mean I have to 100% believe what a big cooperation says as obviously they'll just call it an error.

And even if it was an accident, there's still no excuse how Nintendo handled it. You said it yourself, they fixed it "quietly" days after pre-orders were up with nothing but a small notice that could easily be overlooked by those who did pre-order it. The only reason they issued an apology is because it blew up, rightfully so. So no, to me Nintendo handled it in all the wrong ways here, only coming clean once the uproar started.

D

Deleted member

FIRE EMBLEM AND SMT FANS! I summon your aid to seek the answer to one question that vexes my mind!

What would you want from a Tokyo Mirage Sessions sequel!?!
An actual crossover that ditches the pop idol stuff and merges the dark tones expertly

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I finally got regular Mario in Mario Kart Tour (I just used coins).

Also I got Mario (Hakama) during the Kimono Peach tour. The golden pipe appeared.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sounds like FE×SMT shouldn't have made an uncensored to begin with.

People were already mad at the English Wii U version and thinking that doing it again but in all regions would be fine was idiotic.

But I don't play either series so I may not know what I am talking about.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sounds like FE×SMT shouldn't have made an uncensored to begin with.
You can say the same for alot of censored things. Don't need to worry about people complaining about censorship if you don't have something that will be censored in the first place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, i feel another one of my headaches coming up, so I'll leave for now and get some rest, bye.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
tfw a tem_orary _okemon store has a_ _ eared in London, but the queues are _robably ridic

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Did someone who types in green text make a post here or something?

I swear that I'm imagining things...

D

Deleted member

Did someone who types in green text make a post here or something?

I swear that I'm imagining things...
:(
I would make a joke, but we're starting a game in my class, and I need to listen to the rules. see ya!

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
FIRE EMBLEM AND SMT FANS! I summon your aid to seek the answer to one question that vexes my mind!

What would you want from a Tokyo Mirage Sessions sequel!?!
I really wouldn't want a sequel, to be honest. The first one really isn't even a Fire Emblem game, despite including what are normally some of my favorite Fire Emblem characters, like Chrom, Caeda, Tiki, Marth, and Virion.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I’m pretty conflicted on how I feel about Crash being a future DLC character

I’d love to see a gaming icon get added, but I wouldn’t want to give Activision/Blizzard a single cent of my money

osby

Smash Obsessed
I really wouldn't want a sequel, to be honest. The first one really isn't even a Fire Emblem game, despite including what are normally some of my favorite Fire Emblem characters, like Chrom, Caeda, Tiki, Marth, and Virion.
I think it's best to treat it like an original title, it didn't have much to do with SMT aside from mechanics, either.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's best to treat it like an original title, it didn't have much to do with SMT aside from mechanics, either.
I agree. That's also why I'm generally not fond of a sequel either...I just really don't like idol culture honestly.

Though for what it's worth the TMS spirits for Tsubasa are listed as Fire Emblem spirits, so Sakurai at the very least counts it as Fire Emblem.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, would advertising have really helped Little Town Hero, considering the quality the final game ended up being?

Perhaps they knew the project was not shaping well and decided to just act like it didn't exist. in hope lots of peoples forget it quickly once it came out.

Not sure for the new Contra tho, is the game good or not?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, would advertising have really helped Little Town Hero, considering the quality the final game ended up being?

Perhaps they knew the project was not shaping well and decided to just act like it didn't exist. in hope lots of peoples forget it quickly once it came out.

Not sure for the new Contra tho, is the game good or not?
All publicity is good publicity in this case, a launch trailer would let people who forgot remember it exists.

Contra Rogue Corps is garbage lmaoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom