• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s supposed to be a fictional world that’s believable and expansive. Part of the way they do this is by trying to immerse the player in the story and world.
Immerse the player in the story.

We’re talking about Pokémon right? Baby’s first RPG? Isn’t there like, next to no actual story in these games except for Black and White?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Abilities I get. But lore? It’s not like Pokémon has deep plots. And the PokéDex is often wrong or over exaggerated because it’s written by 10-Year Olds.
The _okedex in Sun and Moon was wild with it's entries - I loved it

osby

Smash Obsessed

We’re talking about Pokémon right? Baby’s first RPG? Isn’t there like, next to no actual story in these games except for Black and White?
Yes, that's why presenting it as something interesting is important.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Immersive world building.

I play these games to feel like I’m in this world. To envision myself as a person living in this universe with these creatures. The little things help that a lot.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

It’s not super complex, but the Pokémon games have a story, yes.

And since when was Pokemon for babies? Being rather easy doesn't mean that it's for babies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pokémon is for babies even though it has dark moments and caters to all ages.

Just like Kirby is for babies even though it has eldritch abominations and exploding eyeballs.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I want to start collecting ps1 games, but I don’t really know what to get next (I already have FF7, but that is it). Any recommendations?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sometimes it's the little things that help make something even bigger. Lore may not be overall important, but the worldbuilding it gives can have a very powerful impact on how we view it and the people who live in it. Even the smallest details can make someone who comes off as a jerk into someone who we can relate to and respect. That's how powerful lore can be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Currently working on a scene for a small game test. I like how it's turning out ATM. (None of this is final, especially the pose for the character in the middle.)
1571171071417.png

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Me when i see Smash DLC leaks or Jonsey from Fortnite getting in Smash:
u1xzg63ui6831.jpg

Rodan: *Grumbles* "Why do these pathetic fans trust those stupid, dumb Smash leaks!?"

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Now, I'm not the kind to make a random Jojo post, but....

This is the good **** and you should totally take a gander.
HOLY ****ING ****, IS THAT A MOTHER ****ING M&L REFERENCE?!!?!

:roll:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Abilities I get. But lore? It’s not like Pokémon has deep plots. And the PokéDex is often wrong or over exaggerated because it’s written by 10-Year Olds.
This is one of the most annoying headcanons that people peddle as canon. Yes, it's filled out by the player as they catch Pokémon. No, nowhere is it implied that the content is made up and inaccurate.

The Pokédex is presented as an in-universe field guide to educate the player on fictional creatures. Given that context, assuming that it's a case of an unreliable narrator makes no sense whatsoever.

Anything overly outlandish isn't the result of "LOL WRITTEN BY A TEN YEAR OLD" but rather a result of the age old Writers Can't Do Math problem.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I see some people criticizing this by saying SEGA doesn't have enough faith in their other properties due to adding Sonic.

It's just a standard Sonic cameo; they do this all the time.

Man I miss it when sega crossovers where more usual
I remember getting Selvaria big ass spear in PS0 with puyo puyo mag.

I think PSO2 has several sega mags and outfits but I havent checked yet

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I remember Baby's First RPG X and Y, where the antagonists were basically Nazis and at the end their leader suicide bombed. Was a good time.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I remember Baby's First RPG X and Y, where the antagonists were basically Nazis and at the end their leader suicide bombed. Was a good time.
Man, remember when the universe was almost destroyed but then Satan came in to save the day?

Good ol' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom