• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I didn't forget because I stopped watching his stuff since
Totally understandable, I stopped watching his videos since the Octopath Traveler review. The only reason I took notice about his new video on game journalists is because someone kept messaging me about it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That KoF Destiny show isn't too bad. Low budget though, but the Geese backstory episode was pretty cool.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Wow. That would be cool.

That would be a lot of work for a DLC character though.... plus how do you charge for it since it's technically multiple characters? And how many forms do you give it?
Just hitting attacks would make your bar fill, but I think getting hit should also fill the bar a bit.

About work there is not so much, Agumon, Greymon and MetalGreymon have the same body structure, the only one that is different is WarGreymon.
Also, both Greymon and MetalGreymon have skills very similar to Agumon's abilities, so it's even simpler.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just hitting attacks would make your bar fill, but I think getting hit should also fill the bar a bit.

About work there is not so much, Agumon, Greymon and MetalGreymon have the same body structure, the only one that is different is WarGreymon.
Also, both Greymon and MetalGreymon have skills very similar to Agumon's abilities, so it's even simpler.
And what would the Final Smash be?

I support the idea though. Sounds pretty cool.

Would he have a trainer of sorts with him?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’ve been watching some classic Spongebob episodes lately and I think it’s fair to say a good chunk of us have watched the show considering how often it gets referenced. I wanted to ask you guys what episodes are your favorites?

(Band Geeks is off the table for obvious reasons)

D

Deleted member

1. Would Agumon's final Smash be Omnimon?

2. Would any of the Digidestined be Spirits?

3.What would Agumon's stage be?

4. Could Toy Agumon be an alt?
1. Depending on his moveset, I can see Omnimon or Wargreymon being the final Smash and just wrecking the stage.

2. The anime characters? If we don't have Ash, we wont have them.

3. Uh........ Haven't played Digimon in years. Couldn't say. It's always based around some cyber hub, though.

4. Yes. Alternatively, the alt colors will be based on prominant anime Digimon like V-mon, and that red Digimon from the third series. Black Agumon is a definite yes, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve been watching some classic Spongebob episodes lately and I think it’s fair to say a good chunk of us have watched the show considering how often it gets referenced. I wanted to ask you guys what episodes are your favorites?

Band Gee-DAMMIT

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Would Agumon's final Smash be Omnimon?

Would any of the Digidestined be Spirits?

What would Agumon's stage be?

Could Toy Agumon be an alt?
Yes

No, they would use Digimon as Spirits and maybe some of the Digidestined from the games like Ryo.

There aren't many memorable locations in digimon games so thats a hard one

Hopefully.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
You forgot to mention how butthurt he got over the critique on his Octopath video that he decided to dance around the complaints that people had over him in his sequel video about game journalists. He's a prime example of someone that can dish it out but can't take it.
I thought his point in his game criticism videos were that a critic's value lies in the consistency of their voice and opinions, and that giving genuine, personal criticism of games is fine and more honest in a world where most games, regardless of their flaws, get inappropriately awarded 8's and 9's because anything below that is perceived as just "it's bad."

I remember when Octopath was new, and it got a lot of hype and praise, because it was novel to see a classic-styled JRPG with a unique, modern aesthetic, along with its idea of having eight characters that all form a party and have their own fleshed-out stories. I tried the demo for it and went "This is the most aggressively generic and boring writing I've seen in a while." After that, I asked "Well, do they at least take advantage of the cast of eight characters and have them interact in cool ways?" and the answer I got back repeatedly was "No." So, beyond its aesthetic and maybe some unique gameplay innovations, I couldn't see the appeal.

Yet, some people are surprisingly passionate and defensive over that game, and more power to them. If they enjoy it, genuinely think it's fantastic, including even the story and writing, then I'm glad they do. I'd rather live in a world where people enjoy things more than they criticize things, since I find a world with more joy than pessimism to be appealing. But not everyone has the same tastes, and sometime criticism is warranted, even if it's not something that you or others are able to overlook.

My three favorite games of all time are games that it's not uncommon to see get bashed--by those series' own fans. Over time I just learned to try and not be so defensive and understand that everyone has different tastes and opinions, and that the things about the games that appeal to me just don't always appeal to everyone else. Sometimes opinions can be genuinely poorly formed and factually incorrect, but that's when the evidence in support of that opinion is inaccurate or being misremembered. But if someone just plain doesn't like a game I like, or actively attacks it, I find it's generally not worth starting an argument about.

I don't agree with all of Dunkey's opinions, nor do I agree with all of Yahtzee Croshaw's opinions, and he's way more negative than Dunkey. But I still respect and appreciate a lot of their insights into game design and the industry, even if their taste in games is not in line with my own. Just because I disagree with a lot of their opinions doesn't mean I can't agree with any of them. Valuing people solely by how much their opinions and views agree with yours is rather close-minded, so I try to at least see where people are coming from and learn from their opinions instead of just dismissing them outright.

D

Deleted member

Well.... how does he pick locations from Pokemon?
The answer is who knows?

We have two cities, two stadiums not based around anything specific, two Pokemon leagues, a stage where you fight the Gen 4 legendaries, and Poke Floats.

D

Deleted member

Nasty Patty, Idiot Box, Jellyfishing, Texas, Ripped Pants, Naughty Nautical Neighbors, Sandy's Rocket, F.U.N., SB-129, Sailor Mouth. :bowser:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nasty Patty, Idiot Box, Jellyfishing, Texas, Ripped Pants, Naughty Nautical Neighbors, Sandy's Rocket, F.U.N., SB-129, Sailor Mouth. :bowser:
Love those ones, off the top of my head I’d say

Pizza Delivery, Frankendoodle, Fry Cook Games, F.U.N., SB-129, Mimic Madness, Idiot Box, Just One Bite, Shanghaied, Wet Painters, Suds, Krusty Krab Training Video, I’m Your Biggest Fanatic, Sand Castles in the Sand, I almost took Chocolate with Nuts off the table as well.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

download.jpeg-2.jpg

Graizen

Smash Champion
And what would the Final Smash be?

I support the idea though. Sounds pretty cool.

Would he have a trainer of sorts with him?

It would probably be one of two:

WarGreymon using Gaia Force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1dbGXAUaMo

or Gabumon appearing and both evolving into Omegamon (Omnimon) and attacking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsOty2eG4Xs

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m so glad my government regulated dinosaur came in the mail.

Y’know, the government regulated dinosaur every American citizen gets when they turn 18.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I'd like for his Final Smash to be Terra Force as WarGreymon, the original animation from the anime is so iconic, and I feel like it adds a bit of individuality to the character, instead of just throwing Gabumon in out of nowhere. It'd be difficult to implement Terra Force in the standard moveset even if WarGreymon was part of a transformation mechanic anyways, Rumble Arena 2 took a jab at it by making them itty bitty tiny and spammable, but it just lost its impact that way.

No, Digimon relies a lot on its anime content, but that doesn't mean that it's suddenly possible for it to appear in Smash. If Ash Ketchum isn't a Spirit yet, the DigiDestined won't be either.

File City would be the easy and boring choice, but you could have something more visually distinct like Infinity Mountain, which would really stand out with its green cyberspace aesthetic.

There would probably be some animation issues, ToyAgumon doesn't have a lot of joints in comparison, and if Agumon came with a transformation mechanic then that makes it difficult as there's not really a ToyGreymon and so forth. Agumon could still have a lot of good costumes though, the different color palette swap Digimon have always been pretty lazy, but they would come quite in handy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom