• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Kinda hard to understand a reference to a show you never watched.

Tho

I do remember someone referencing your reference a few days ago, which referenced the show you were trying to reference with me.

...So yeah, what a reference.
Haha. Good use of Phoenix. I am rooting for hom as the final dlc character.

OK really? We’re seriously having this discussion...

Look I honestly don’t give a **** about Doomguy. Don’t really want him in Smash either.

But calling him a meme is... literally the worst argument I’ve heard against him.

Violence can be toned down. If there’s anyone that can faithfully adapt a character into the style of Smash, it’s Sakurai.

And being a super serious series (which many people have pointed out that DOOM isn’t), isn’t really an excuse either.

If you’re a video game character with a decent legacy/popularity, you can get into Smash.
He is more of a meme pick then a meme character. I can clarify that. People would and were suggesting hin in the past because it was obtuse. A non normal character chosen to shock.

A meme character, is sans.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Have to go to work, then spending time with mom whose in town. Probably won't be back until later tonight. See y'all later!

D

Deleted member

OK really? We’re seriously having this discussion...

Look I honestly don’t give a **** about Doomguy. Don’t really want him in Smash either.

But calling him a meme is... literally the worst argument I’ve heard against him.

Violence can be toned down. If there’s anyone that can faithfully adapt a character into the style of Smash, it’s Sakurai.

And being a super serious series (which many people have pointed out that DOOM isn’t), isn’t really an excuse either.

If you’re a video game character with a decent legacy/popularity, you can get into Smash.
And as I already said before, Quake already proved that Doomguy does indeed work without the brutal violence present in Doom 2016:

I may dislike Doom more than anyone else online right now, but I honestly consider the people who seriously try to do stretches, make up excuses or start literal debates to make a character they don’t like feel impossible too irritating.

Sakurai is putting it all for this game, and no matter who we get I am definitely buying each single fighter.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
And as I already said before, Quake already proved that Doomguy does indeed work without the brutal violence present in Doom 2016:

I may dislike Doom more than anyone else online right now, but I honestly consider the people who seriously try to do stretches, make up excuses or start literal debates to make a character they don’t like feel impossible too irritating.

Sakurai is putting it all for this game, and no matter who we get I am definitely buying each single fighter.
We are not debating buying a character or not. We are discussing a characters odds. It is speculation and not a bad thing. Shutting down this type of discussion is shutting down ideas and thinking.

And sakurai do not care about us on this board. So whatever we discuss is mostly confidential to him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The thing is: Doomguy has stuff going strongly on his favour.

Stuff such as Bethesda’s huge relationship with Nintendo right now, the fact we actually got every Doom game on Switch, the japanese marketing for Eternal, Sakurai’s claims about the stuff Doom’s creator brought to the industry, his moveset potential, his legacy status and more points make the idea of Doomguy getting in Ultimate strongly plausible overall.

I may feel that Doomguy’s chances are overhyped by the hardcore sides of the Doom and Smash fanbase since many people take the dangerous mentallity of considering Doomguy a character who will completely happen (a mentallity that backfired a lot for anyone who used to support Shadow as I did).... but he does have stuff going for him that makes him worth to debate.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A witch whose game has demons, blood, torture and nudity is in Smash.

Joker’s gun is modeled after a real one, I doubt the rating organizations give a crap about canon.

A character from the Metal Gear Solid series, relating to bombs (y’all know who I’m talking about), is a spirit whose battle references a tragic and gross thing that happened to her.

For his neutral special, Doomguy wields a Big Friendly Giant.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The thing is: Doomguy has stuff going strongly on his favour.

Stuff such as Bethesda’s huge relationship with Nintendo right now, the fact we actually got every Doom game on Switch, the japanese marketing for Eternal, Sakurai’s claims about the stuff Doom’s creator brought to the industry, his moveset potential, his legacy status and more points make the idea of Doomguy getting in Ultimate strongly plausible overall.

I may feel that Doomguy’s chances are overhyped by the hardcore sides of the Doom and Smash fanbase since many people take the dangerous mentallity of considering Doomguy a character who will completely happen (a mentallity that backfired a lot for anyone who used to support Shadow as I did).... but he does have stuff going for him that makes him worth to debate.
I am going to look at rayman for most of what was just typed. Doomguy is in the same spot, but worse given the highly graphic nature of his existence.

It's literally just going in circles, there's nothing productive here.
You see circles, i see progress.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Stop leaking my game :mad:

And that goes for all you other Vergebens, too
Hire better plumbers then, not my fault the two you have got their licenses in some trash can near by.:ultpiranha:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A witch whose game has demons, blood, torture and nudity is in Smash.

Joker’s gun is modeled after a real one, I doubt the rating organizations give a crap about canon.

A character from the Metal Gear Solid series, relating to bombs (y’all know who I’m talking about), is a spirit whose battle references a tragic and gross thing that happened to her.

For his neutral special, Doomguy wields a Big Friendly Giant.
And his final Smash! The BFG! It stands for..... go ask your parents.

D

Deleted member

If Doomguy elects such a reaction already, I'd love to see what happens if HE gets in instead.

Stop leaking my game :mad:

And that goes for all you other Vergebens, too
You can't stop all of us, old man.

D

Deleted member

Touchy. And no. I will lose when proper proof and reasoning is presented. not sentiment .
That's not how it works, you've made the claim, burden of proof is on you. We've shown enough to the contrary, if you ignore it, it's on you.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If everyone stopped responding right now the argument would end and we could have an actually interesting conversation

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Doom doesn't even have memes. Like at most there's uhhh... "Rip and Tear." And maaaaaaybe "DOOT" but that's not even doomguy.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That's not how it works, you've made the claim, burden of proof is on you. We've shown enough to the contrary, if you ignore it, it's on you.
Already gave my proof. And you have given conjecture and fallacies as proof. Some things are tough to hear.

Problem is people are taking it all to personally. As if hearing their character is what it is hurts them personally. Doom guy os cool. His game is fun. But he is not prime smash material. His series is bssed and drenched in violence and removing that is removing what makes doomguy doom.

But it sounds like people would rather a farce of a character then the real deal.

Doomguy should be in mk. He would fit perfecrly there. In all his doom glory.

D

Deleted member

Ok, but if Doomguy gets in there needs to be a BJ reference (and throw in Keen while they're at it). They're family after all.

Already gave my proof. And you have given conjecture and fallacies as proof. Some things are tough to hear.
Literal screenshots showing the games aren't that serious counts as conjecture? Well, now I know it's pointless to go on, you're just plugging your ears. Also for your info, I don't care about Doom, so whether he gets in or not makes no difference to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Problem is people are taking it all to personally. As if hearing their character is what it is hurts them personally. Doom guy os cool. His game is fun. But he is not prime smash material. His series is bssed and drenched in violence and removing that is removing what makes doomguy doom.

But it sounds like people would rather a farce of a character then the real deal.

Doomguy should be in mk. He would fit perfecrly there. In all his doom glory.
Except your operating on a fallacy. Doom can be doom in crossover appearances without extreme violence. So can MK.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Any time someone says "this character is too violent for Smash" or "this character is too much of a meme for Smash" the argument has gone full stupid.

So, I'm going to say something unrelated:
I want Kingdom Hearts to have a Muppets world and a Darkwing Duck/Ducktales/Rescue Rangers/Goof Troop world.

D

Deleted member

Well, I think at this point I'm done with Overwatch. I really don't like the forced 2-2-2 meta even in Quickplay. And classic QP is now taking up yet another slot in the Arcade. They should've left QP alone and just implement it for Competitive.

D

Deleted member

Any time someone says "this character is too violent for Smash" or "this character is too much of a meme for Smash" the argument has gone full stupid.

So, I'm going to say something unrelated:
I want Kingdom Hearts to have a Muppets world and a Darkwing Duck/Ducktales/Rescue Rangers/Goof Troop world.
Maybe have a FF world for the first time ever? For a game based around FF x Disney, literally none of the worlds in any game is even loosely based on a FF game. While we have an abundance of Disney Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom