• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Today gave us:

A ****ton of news for Nintendo games that are not Smash

Banjo today

Banjo having 10 song

HOME-RUN CONTEST BAY-BEH

TERRY-RUOK-BOGARD IN NOVEMBER

INFINITE DLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SANS UNDERTALE

And we learned that Noipoi Noipoi could replace the lead singer of ACDC when he gets excited.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Terry does look really good. In contention for most attractive male character IMO.

I still really want to see Samus in Terry's outfit for some fanart and vice versa

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alpharad's a popular smash YouTuber and Joe is a co-commentator. Alpharad was really only into Nakoruru and female Terry because waifus, I guess. Not offensive to me, but not really entertaining to watch.
You do know that’s a running joke on his channel?

Alpha really doesn’t give a **** about waifus it’s just a view thing. His most wanted were joker and Sora and he got one of them.

He wanted bayo in 4 but that’s because he actually played her games and loved them.

D

Deleted member

Alpha really doesn’t give a **** about waifus it’s just a view thing. His most wanted were joker and Sora and he got one of them.

He wanted bayo in 4 but that’s because he actually played her games and loved them.
Like I said, not offensive to me. I just thought it was a boring reaction. Like his Banjo and Goku reaction was a riot. Even Piranha Plant. Here, it just didn't click with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion

Eh, I've watched his channel as well. Joe definitely didn't make it seem like a joke.

But it really doesn't matter cause female Terry likely ain't happening.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
BRUH

BANJO TODAY

TERRY CONFIRMED AS FIGHTER 4

MEGALOVANIA REMIX

MORE FIGHTERS!

AND THIS WAS ALL IN RELATION TO SMASH!

ALL THIS FEELS LIKE A PIPEDREAM

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, not to be a nerd, but he reminds me of the human designa for Applejack fron MLP.

Also, kinda Cammy

D

Deleted member

Fun fact. The whole "different worlds" comment might have been a mistranslation. Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I get that he’s mostly popular in non-USA regions, but man, Terry was the least hype thing for Smash we saw today. Overshadowed by hype for a previous character, a Mii costume, and the nebulous promise of more characters in the future.

D

Deleted member

I get that he’s mostly popular in non-USA regions, but man, Terry was the least hype thing for Smash we saw today. Overshadowed by hype for a previous character, a Mii costume, and the nebulous promise of more characters in the future.
It was positioning. If he was placed at the end of the video, he would have been more remembered. Instead, the direct really did just end on Sans in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact. The whole "different worlds" comment might have been a mistranslation. Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

If this is true than ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Assuming Ryu Hayabusa is truly the last Fighter Pass pick (rumors are up in the air, but considering we're getting more DLC idgaf at this point):

AND

Assuming we got a Season 2 of DLC

This is what I'd do in terms of series:

Resident Evil
Tekken

These two are a must: Biggest Japanese created series, pioneer of Survival Horror gameplay, iconic characters (RE), Tekken is the 2nd largest Fighting game series, the lineup of a match (Mario vs. Ryu vs. Heihachi vs. Terry would be legendary in Smash)

After that? Some combination of DOOM, Ace Attorney, Kingdom Hearts (if Disney wants to cooperate, but who knows?), Dark Souls, Crash Bandicoot...some combination of those games. Call me biased, but if we get a 2nd pass, I feel Tekken and Resident Evil should absolutely be there.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm still in complete shock and disbelief that Xenoblade Chronicles is being remade for Switch.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Eh, I don't think it changes much. I just don't see how the translation matters when he specifically started speaking to the idea of this "record" that he would like to expand upon. Even if the translation suggested the idea of "different worlds" to be different, that doesn't change the context of the record.

The way you increase the record is through the inclusion of more series completely new to Smash. At least, if the record of Unique series crossing over to Smash with playable characters is the record he's speaking to.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Soo now that we're getting another dlc pass, who do you guys think will get in? Personally I have a really good feeling about Geno. He's one of the longest requested character that hasn't got in so I think he would be really cool to see.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Assuming Ryu Hayabusa is truly the last Fighter Pass pick (rumors are up in the air, but considering we're getting more DLC idgaf at this point):

AND

Assuming we got a Season 2 of DLC

This is what I'd do in terms of series:

Resident Evil
Tekken

These two are a must: Biggest Japanese created series, pioneer of Survival Horror gameplay, iconic characters (RE), Tekken is the 2nd largest Fighting game series, the lineup of a match (Mario vs. Ryu vs. Heihachi vs. Terry would be legendary in Smash)

After that? Some combination of DOOM, Ace Attorney, Kingdom Hearts (if Disney wants to cooperate, but who knows?), Dark Souls, Crash Bandicoot...some combination of those games. Call me biased, but if we get a 2nd pass, I feel Tekken and Resident Evil should absolutely be there.
Leak wise I don't think there's anything going for Ryu rn. There's Shifty but without even the slightest backing of people like Sabi and Verge I'm inclined to think he's just wrong on this one. Personally I'm really hoping for Solaire. idk why, I just want to see Dark Souls in smash.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Soo now that we're getting another dlc pass, who do you guys think will get in? Personally I have a really good feeling about Geno. He's one of the longest requested character that hasn't got in so I think he would be really cool to see.
Maybe Isaac from Golden Sun will finally get his chance.

I don't particularly want Isaac but I do recall there being a decent amount of support for him.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
No joke RE is almost a definite. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity, especially with so many RE games on the system. This is also why I suspect Doomguy.

After that? Jin or Heihachi, Ryu 2, and Crash are my other predictions.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Absolutely no idea my guy

Absolutely no idea

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Complete opposite for me. Terry is a legacy character who has worldwide appeal and is easily a true gaming icon. Sans costume just cant compete with terry imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom