• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I don't remember Sakurai saying they were outright turned down. He kept it vague which could mean the character already has a non playable role or that the characters couldn't have reused assets like Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta did, meaning they'd cost more to make which didn't fit in the budget and were saved for Ultimate
According to the quote, he said that negotiations fell through for those characters. It is a bit vague, considering many reasons could’ve caused that, but the fact that some characters did in the end get turned down means that Smash isn’t this end to be all as some considered.

It may be a bit different now since Smash has been the biggest it’s ever been, but negotiations may not be as smooth as some expect.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Its so nice to see adventure sonic art again
EC8fialUEAA1B3Y.jpg orig.jpg

Can I get this art style in a new Sonic game instead of the same boring insipid 3D renders they've been using since unleashed?
Its actually depressing that all of Uewkawa Sonic art are no longer in the games but are stuck on calender's instead

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Its so nice to see adventure sonic art again
View attachment 235917

Can I get this art style in a new Sonic game instead of the same boring insipid 3D renders they've been using since unleashed?
Its actually depressing that all of Uewkawa Sonic art are no longer in the games but are stuck on calender's instead
That’d definitely be nice to see though I wonder what kind of game they could do it for.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Considering how some characters reuse clips from over a decade, with Marth only getting new clips because of the WoL cutscene, it's a problem Smash has in general imo
I mean Ike and Roy got new clips too, not to mention Yuri only started voicing Marth in Codename S.T.E.A.M. which was after 4

Shroob

Sup?
When you're watching Vinny and someone mentions the Tracer rumor

Untitled.png

Maybe there is hope for the internet after all.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
:ultwendy: - Female character, rides a mecha, not demanded, will disappoint and confuse a lot of people

I'm thinking that Pink Gold Wendy is in

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This D’Va/ that Sakura Wars girl thing is just looking like Steve’s place back in May.

We have a bunch of small 4chan leaks that have been ruminating for months (all the leaks that mentioned “a female fighter”/all the leaks that mentioned Steve).

We have one actual/extremely credible leak: Overwatch case/Vegerben’s Minecraft content (which i still think will happen alongside Banjo-Kazooie). Except in this case, the one actual leak doesn’t even have anything to do with Smash.

Until one of the trusted insiders comments on this, I’m not buying any of it.

EDIT: Another parallel is that of a “countdown timer.” In May we had Minecraft’s 10th anniversary event with a “secret surprise announcement.” Now we have the idea of a September 12th direct.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean Ike and Roy got new clips too, not to mention Yuri only started voicing Marth in Codename S.T.E.A.M. which was after 4
I think Gwen meant how Marth got new voice clips in Japanese as well. IIRC in the Japanese E3 Direct, the part that would've been them saying "Marth is now voiced in English" was instead "Marth finally has new voice clips."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom