• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Check out this Smash Leak, it looks pretty legit. He nailed Hero and Banjo accurately, and even got some DQ spirits correct.

And if images don't work, here's a video covering it.
Jokes on you this song is an absolute bop. Thank you.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Is the functionality of this site's image hosting deadass on a set schedule or something? This thing constantly stops working when the daytime approaches for me.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I can't imagine playing Superhot without VR. The ability to feel like you're in the Matrix or something is just so integral to what makes the game cool

D

Deleted member

God ****.
2019 is worse than 2016 for celebrity deaths...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Is the functionality of this site's image hosting deadass on a set schedule or something? This thing constantly stops working when the daytime approaches for me.
It's weird that it has been happening so often lately. >_> Before, it happened like once and had quite the time gap before failing again, but I think it has happened for what, 2 to three days in a row?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Worst theory was without a doubt the Isaac Earthquake theory, you know, when that Earthquake happened and Ninty delayed the direct out of respect, and people believed that the Direct had something earthquake related which meant Isaac obviously had to be in, and people were pissed when it was Isabelle instead.

EDIT: And then they insisted that Isaac's and Isabelle's trailers were swapped despite Isabelle leading into a new AC announcement, logical assumptions is dead.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I saw that theres a game called Pillars of Eternity on the Switch. It looks ****ing fantastic. Can anyone back this? I also saw that Obsidian is involved so I'm even more interested.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Worst theory was without a doubt the Isaac Earthquake theory, you know, when that Earthquake happened and Ninty delayed the direct out of respect, and people believed that the Direct had something earthquake related which meant Isaac obviously had to be in, and people were pissed when it was Isabelle instead.

EDIT: And then they insisted that Isaac's and Isabelle's trailers were swapped despite Isabelle leading into a new AC announcement, logical assumptions is dead.
I remember people claiming Isabelle's trailer was a last minute effort, running on the new Animal Crossing game's engine or something, despite the words "Not actual game footage" being right there.

It drove me nuts.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Some people assumed Issac was rescheduled due to the earthquake and was replaced with Isabelle's trailer instead.

It was hilarious, to be honest. That's a bucket of dark humor that I'm willing to admit made me laugh out loud.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I remember people theorizing Isabelle's trailer was a last minute effort, running on New Horizon's game engine or something, despite the words"Not actual game footage" being right there. It drove me nuts.
My favorite is when people insisted that Isaac was removed because the direct had to lead to a new GS announcement, but it had to be swapped with Isabelle and the new GS was in the next direct or something which meant Isaac even though it was like 3 months to release which meant no time in between for a traditional Direct which meant that a Smash direct had to announce the new GS, or just shadow drop a trailer.

Smash Theories are stupid.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

To be fair, considering the ac delay, the argument that they threw out ac and Isabelle in a earlier direct then they wanted, did make some sense. Like you could easily have had the isabelle stuff be moved to another direct and had issac as a reveal.

It wasn’t to likely but I wouldn’t say that was totally crazy. It got really bad when the theories escalated with the grinch leak though

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Some people assumed Issac was rescheduled due to the earthquake and was replaced with Isabelle's trailer instead.

It was hilarious, to be honest. That's a bucket of dark humor that I'm willing to admit made me laugh out loud.
I remember that, that was so silly.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, considering the ac delay, the argument that they threw out ac and Isabelle in a earlier direct then they wanted, did make some sense. Like you could easily have had the isabelle stuff be moved to another direct and had issac as a reveal.

It wasn’t to likely but I wouldn’t say that was totally crazy. It got really bad when the theories escalated with the grinch leak though
It didn't make sense at the time, considering that the new AC would be a 2019 release (we didn't know they delayed it to 2020).

But the Grinch was the worst time for Isaac fans. Like, they were way too cocky and smug about it, it kinda made me ashamed to be an Isaac supporter the way some (keyword SOME) were acting.

The fallout with Plant was terrible too, but I found Plant more hilarious than anything.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

If there was an Isaac trailer and Nintendo felt it was too insensitive to include then we just wouldn't have a Smash trailer period lmao. It's not like they can just switch and swap around character reveals however they feel, they probably plan this out months ahead of time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, enough about Isaac. Can we get an F for those poor Kos-Mos fans that got dunked on when they believed that the Grinch included her? Everyone roasted them for spotting her when it actually was an (extremely blurry btw) cloud (not the character, just a cloud).

Poor guys

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It didn't make sense at the time, considering that the new AC would be a 2019 release (we didn't know they delayed it to 2020).

But the Grinch was the worst time for Isaac fans. Like, they were way too cocky and smug about it, it kinda made me ashamed to be an Isaac supporter the way some (keyword SOME) were acting.

The fallout with Plant was terrible too, but I found Plant more hilarious than anything.
True we didn’t know the delay, but everyone had expected to see actual gameplay. Which when we got just a teaser a lot of people expected it wasn’t as far along as we thought. So it didn’t help to much either and made a little sense for that speculation. It was quite a time though

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Anyway, enough about Isaac. Can we get an F for those poor Kos-Mos fans that got dunked on when they believed that the Grinch included her? Everyone roasted them for spotting her when it actually was an (extremely blurry btw) cloud (not the character, just a cloud).

Poor guys
I remember people claiming to see skull kid on there too under mach rider's bike I think

MainJPW

M.T.A

Poor guys
That didn't even look like Kos-Mos.

...at all.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Poor guys
Skull Kid fans, too

Some were convinced that Mach Rider's bike was actually Majora's Mask

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Poor guys
I still feel like the biggest F goes to Geno fans. Everything was looking peachy for them, Vergeben was leaking a Square Enix character being in the talks, a streak of fan requests going from costumes to characters was happening, Sakurai mentioned wanting to include him before, the Grinch Leak included him but even if that was fake his chances were still great because of the before mentioned reasons. Then they proceeded to receive the mother of all dunks that wasn't even a dunk in the form of the Piranha Plant trailer that had started off with the perfect setup for a Geno reveal, only for them to be blindsided by a pot.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can the staff work on fixing the image problem, please?

I found some pretty sweet avatar material and I'd really like to use it

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still feel like the biggest F goes to Geno fans. Everything was looking peachy for them, Vergeben was leaking a Square Enix character being in the talks, a streak of fan requests going from costumes to characters was happening, Sakurai mentioned wanting to include him before, the Grinch Leak included him but even if that was fake his chances were still great because of the before mentioned reasons. Then they proceeded to receive the mother of all dunks that wasn't even a dunk in the form of the Piranha Plant trailer that had started off with the perfect setup for a Geno reveal, only for them to be blindsided by a pot.
I still have a tiny bit of hope. But not a lot honestly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Can the staff work on fixing the image problem, please?

I found some pretty sweet avatar material and I'd really like to use it
I wanna change my avatar too but I guess I’ll have to stick with my Team Chaos Octoling for a while longer

Which is ironically fitting since the poll is super old too

I mean, I still hold out hope for Bandana Dee so it makes two of us.
Make that 3 cause I’m still backing Elma like no tomorrow

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sometimes I feel like this thread is a graveyard.

A highly populated graveyard, but a graveyard none the less, with that lingering [Temp] and the month-outdated poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom