• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

God. That’s.... wow. That’s like... BioWare was such a big part of the gaming landscape.

Can’t wait for all the Mass Effect and Dragon Age revival campaigns a decade or two from now after the IP is owned by Disney! (Because by then EVERYTHING will be owned by Disney)
What does Disney have to do with this?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Disney has struck it rich in every venue except video games. Based off their previous luck, I doubt they'll actually care.
Which is why I worry every day about them buying a big previously established video game company. And Honestly, EA is the perfect candidate, given that they’re the sort of the big money-grubbing mega-publishers.

Sighs. We’re probably never gonna get another Marvel vs Capcom aren’t we?

Why! Why couldn’t you just be happy without the X-Men? They weren’t worth killing the game over!

*note the over exaggeration for comedic effect.

What does Disney have to do with this?
It’s the joke. Because Disney likes to buy companies. People joke all the time that they’re gonna keep going till they own everything.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Today has been looooooong. Way too long.
God. That’s.... wow. That’s like... BioWare was such a big part of the gaming landscape.

Can’t wait for all the Mass Effect and Dragon Age revival campaigns a decade or two from now after the IP is owned by Disney! (Because by then EVERYTHING will be owned by Disney)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I'm hearing a rumor that Microsoft has something at Monday's Indie World presentation.

If we are getting such, I'm betting it'll be Ori and the Blind Forest.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What’s your favorite lowercase number?
I think l is the standard, l is the loneliest number after all. If you were to say uppercase, O easily--from O to hero.

Also, I've been on Smashboards for a year! And as a present, I can't upload images!

One year ago today, overwhelmed with hype after the August Direct, I finally worked up the courage to do something I've never done before--post on a forum rather than browse! (well, I haven't done in forever) Here's to another great year!

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'm tired too, I attempted to work on making a video game again and it's not going well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Consider the following:

A dark, gritty, serious anime where death is the rule and swear words are abundant being interrupted by a 4Kids expy who’s constantly censoring everything to ridiculous degrees.

Yes I am going to make this a thing, thanks for asking.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, how is everyone doing today?
I'm working on super evolutions for the various Dark Masters.

I only have two done; OrichaPuppetmon and GeldMachinedramon. MetalSeadramon already has the exact designs of these, which are Gold and Silver variants with upgraded armor/etc. Basically exaggerated features. I hit a snag on MetalSeadramon due to that, but might do a recolor of GigaSeadramon instead, with an alternate name. So far, the only one I have for Piedmon is OrPiedmon(using the French version of Gold. GeldMachinedramon uses the German version of Gold in his name, as a reference to Gundramon).

So far, each has a big of a theme;
-OrichaPuppetmon is basically a Ninja, complete with still having his Hammer, but also focuses on the Shuriken on his back replacing his Puppet Cross and has an ability similar to a Genjutsu, but with deadly results. He goes from a Virus to a Vaccine Knight Templar.
-GeldMachinedramon is a miner, complete with a pickaxe for one of his arms, while keeping his claw. ...Though making it shovel-like fits.
-OrPiedmon has nothing beyond a name. Though the recolor should be easy, but it needs some upgraded bits too. Depends what I can think of of how to make him interesting, already being a French clown. Besides that, he can DNA with Myotismon to become an Italian Pirate. It makes it harder to figure stuff out.
-Only thoughts on the new version of GigaSeadramon is partial pirate references, or possibly naming it DoubloonSeadramon(or a shorter version of Doubloon).

Update: DoubloSeadramon is being kept as a name, and is also a spy. Fitting for a member of the Crack Team. I intend it to be a palette swap of GigaSeadramon, and not an X-Antibody Digimon. Probably going to be gold/silver for coloring and maybe an update horn? Could have other tidbits.

OrPiedmon is still being figured out in full.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just finished BL and I gotta say, the scene where Dimitri had to kill Mario was pretty heartbreaking. I had recruited Donkey Kong and his reaction was honestly gutwrenching.
Dude! Put that **** in spoilers!

Consider the following:

A dark, gritty, serious anime where death is the rule and swear words are abundant being interrupted by a 4Kids expy who’s constantly censoring everything to ridiculous degrees.

I look forward to this.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Consider the following:

you know I've been thinking recently that swears would be a lot cooler if we called them "power words"

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After mulling it over, I decided to go with Black Eagles. I was pretty split between them and Blue Lions, but in the end I was leaning towards the former to begin with so that broke the tie for me. This playthrough I'll be using F!Byleth because I want to get a slightly different experience out of Byleth's reactions and voice as well as the different class options that are only available to female characters.

After that I'll do Blue Lions, the Church route has and always will be dead last.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Consider the following:

“Hey! Hey you! No saying the “H word” here on 4Kids. Ya know, H-E-C-K. Can’t say that.”

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man I just can't get enough of this scene in King of the Monsters. Probably among my fav ones in the movie.

And just a little over a week until I pick up my pre-ordered Blu-Ray copy of the movie!!!! :grin:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am'a back from the creek with my dogs. What I miss?
My hypothetical Smash moveset for Kratos. Well, it was posted before you left. But I don’t think you saw it.

@Rangez Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu
Alright. Here's my moveset ideas for Kratos and Atreus.

Taunts: Taunts seem like a strange thing to cover first, but that is because these two are central to Kratos’s moveset, utility, and gimmick. Kratos is a “stance swap” type character, and these taunts are how he does it. Assuming a standard two-joycon setup, pressing left always equips the Leviathan Ax, and pressing right always equips the Blades of Chaos. Pressing the button again after the weapon is equipped will have him do a small flourish with said weapon (Ax: 3:29 runes, Blades: 5:53, skill tree). Another aspect of the character is his son Atreus. He is always in the back of the stage like the Pokémon Trainer, and he assists his father with shots from his Talon Bow. Kratos’s up taunt has him shout the iconic line “Boy!” and switch the type of arrows Atreus has equipped. More details later. And his down taunt, the only one that is purely cosmetic, has him temporarily glow with Spartan Rage and menacingly say “You will not see the end of this day”, the classic line from God of War III, only with the new mannerisms and tone of the Norse era Kratos. In online mode, where taunts are disabled, the taunt animations and lines will not play, but you will still be able to use these buttons to switch weapons and arrow types.

His attacks pull from a mix of the runic attacks and skill tree upgrades found in the game, along with one… well, we’ll get to that when we get to that. Each one has a version for the ax and a version for the blades where applicable.

Neutral Special: Kratos shouts “Now Boy!” and Atreus fires and arrow at the opponent physically closest to Kratos, regardless of the direction he’s facing. Atreus has two types of arrow, Light and Shock. Light arrows cause a small amount of stun, shock arrows cause a small amount of shock and can jump from opponent to opponent. Holding down the button allows you to select a target for Atreus, but you are defenseless while doing so.
Side Special: For the Ax, the side special is Tyr's Revenge (0:38, runes), the ax can be recalled to your hand by pressing the side special button again. For the Blades, it is Hyperion Grapple (7:52, runes)
Down Special: Kratos uses Countering Crush with his shield (3:07, skill tree), to parry incoming attacks. Simply holding out the shield will block projectiles and week attacks but opening it at the last possible second will counter the attack as shown in the video.
Up Special: Winds of Helheim, Kratos uses the Winds of Helheim to boost himself higher in the stage. While the Winds are a featured ability in the game, this use of them is completely made up for Smash because this is really the only thing that remotely resembles a recovery.

Jab Combo: His jab and jab combo is the standard light, light, light, heavy combo found in the skill tree. Pride of the Frost for the Ax (1:07, Skill Tree), and Plume of Chaos for the Blades (4:04, skill tree).
Dash Attack: Leviathan’s Fury (1:28, Skill Tree) and Chaos Slam (4:21, Skill Tree)

Forward Tilt: Mists of Helheim (2:38, runes) and Nemean Crush (5:08, runes), only without the charge time
Up Tilt: Hel's Touch (1:54, runes) and Rising Fury (4:12, Skill Tree)
Down Tilt: Frost Giant's Frenzy (3:10, runes) and Wrath of Artemis (6:02, runes)

Forward Smash: Thiazi's Talon (2:04, runes) and Hyperion Slam (7:15, runes)
Down Smash: Ivaldi's Anvil (2:24, runes) and Prometheus Flame (7:03, runes)
Up Smash: Breath of Thamur (4:04, runes) and Meteoric Slam (7:34). The after-effects of each attack do not last as long and are not as wide-reaching as in God of War though.

Forward Air: Njörd's Tempest (0:10, runes) and Cyclone of Chaos (4:50, runes)
Up Air: an aerial Hel's Touch (1:54, runes) and Blast of Hephaestus (6:12, runes)
Down Air: The Sheild slam finisher from these two attacks, Charge of the White Bear (1:08, runes) and Spartan Charge (6:24, runes). Will have an ice effect with the ax equipped and a fire effect with the blades equipped.
Back Air: Strike of the Utgard (1:40, runes) and Icarus Storm (5:51, runes), only backwards.

Grab: Kratos grabs the opponent and pummels them with his fists, finishing with a shield bash.
Throws: Forward (1:04, grabs), Up (0:37, grabs), Back (1:16, grabs), and Down (0:51, grabs).

Final Smash: A Mirror of Fate appears and sucks in nearby opponents. They land on the final boss arena from God of War II and are attacked relentlessly by an enraged classic Kratos.

Unique Attribute: Kratos also has an attribute similar to Joker’s Persona based on Spartan rage. The only difference being you trigger it rather than it being automatic, so it can be saves (Down Special wen Rage meter is full) and it merely powers up your moves, rather than significantly altering them.

Intro Animation: Kratos and Atreus climb up over the back edge of the stage. If played on a stage with water in the background (like Great Bay or Pirate Ship) they will instead sail up in their boat). Or they could just exit out of a Bifrost door.

Victory Music: A snippet from this song. https://youtu.be/IzLatdMe72w
Victory Animations: Kratos swings his weapon repeatedly before Atreus runs out in front and shouts at the sky. Atreus leaps onto Kratos’s back and he runs away, saying “the battle is not yet over”. And finally, Kratos and Atreus wrestle like a father and son do.

Colors: Simply the many alternate armor sets from the game. I don’t really care which. And Atreus’s armor changes to match. One alt skin should be his classic spartan armor, along with a spartan Atreus based off of Kid Kratos’s clothes from Ghost of Sparta, and a God of War III “Fear Kratos” alt skin, also with a matching Atreus.

Stage: Tyr’s Temple on the Lake of Nine. The World Serpent can be seen in the background, and occasionally the stage will rotate to a different tower on the lake and a few enemies from the respective realm will enter on stage, matching the Gauntlet of Realms. If a troll spawns, it functions as a stage boss. The other smaller enemies can be dispelled with one simple Smash Attack.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My hypothetical Smash moveset for Kratos. Well, it was posted before you left. But I don’t think you saw it.
I've seen it. It looks really great so far. Once I settle in my new house I'm definitely gonna have to play through all the games again. I've just been so tempted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom