• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, since some people on this forum compared E3 to Christmas, I made these lyrics to go along with that idea. I already posted this on another topic, but it shouldn't hurt to post it here, too. Here they are.

Riding on the train
Filled with lot's of hype
Through the land we go
Laughing as we type (ha ha ha)

Train horn's 'bout to blow
As the sun shine bright
What fun it is to ride and sing
A hype train song tonight!

Oh, E3 Bells, E3 Bells
It's almost the day
Oh what fun it is to ride
A hype train on it's way, hey!

E3 Bells, E3 Bells
It's almost the day
Oh what fun it is to ride
A hype train on it's way

What do you all think?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So quick question, does this website allow you to use a font that isn't in the listed selection?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So quick question, does this website allow you to use a font that isn't in the listed selection?
obviously not

website dont recognize it unless you forge the image to make it look like you did

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You gotta use hex codes, my dude.

Wait you said font.... I really should go to sleep lol.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For real, Stage Builder is both a blessing and a curse.

In other words, a blursing.:ultkrool:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Getting excited for Ultimate Alliance 3 randomly... I wonder if Square's Avengers Project is going to overshadow that game...
If I can't get Spider-Man and Venom to team up, it won't for me.

Still hope it turns out dope though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Edit: No! Bad Ralsei! That joke never lands- stop using it! T_T
My jokes don't land well at time, so I feel ya there.

Good thing we have gif to do the job for us, right?:estatic:

EDIT: I think I just played myself.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>tfw just realized no agent venom

flash didn't ****ing die for this
****! You're right. He got the white symbiote before he died too. Could have had him with Peter and Eddie in a team. He'd be pretty unique from them too, having guns mixed with Spider-Man powers. Would have been way less redundant than Gwen. I get Miles since he has a couple of unique powers. And everyone knows Spider-Man's staying, he's the Ryu.

M...maybe we'll get Anti-Venom DLC? R..r...right bros?

Damn, now I'm mad.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
****! You're right. He got the white symbiote before he died too. Could have had him with Peter and Eddie in a team. He'd be pretty unique from them too, having guns mixed with Spider-Man powers. Would have been way less redundant than Gwen. I get Miles since he has a couple of unique powers. And everyone knows Spider-Man's staying, he's the Ryu.

M...maybe we'll get Anti-Venom DLC? R..r...right bros?

Damn, now I'm mad.
i spoilered the whole thing and you just went on and did it no cap smh :emptysheep:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
*loads shotgun*

No it ain't.

/joking
Dan Slott had to end with something big after his pretty bad run with spidey

Nick Spencer already retconned like 90% of what happened except for, y'know, that

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
kirby playtesting is going alright but something feels a little off about him

its like ganondorf, pretty close but not perfect

im also doing better with snake now, guess i magically learned how to not die using him

also how the **** do :ultsimon::ultrichter: mains manage to always land those tilted aerials, that is the hardest thing to even try to pull off in the game

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
kirby playtesting is going alright but something feels a little off about him

its like ganondorf, pretty close but not perfect

im also doing better with snake now, guess i magically learned how to not die using him

also how the **** do :ultsimon::ultrichter: mains manage to always land those tilted aerials, that is the hardest thing to even try to pull off in the game
For the Belmonts I just set the L button as a jump button and use the tilt stick for aerials.
Pro controller btw

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beat the first case in ace attorney investigations two. It was a pretty good start to the game. Looking forward to the rest.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>The Nintendo presentation is actually packed with good titles and even MP4 footage.
>But there's no DLC character announced

How hard the internet would implode?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>The Nintendo presentation is actually packed with good titles and even MP4 footage.
>But there's no DLC character announced

How hard the internet would implode?
not very because retro studios got MP4 footage this early??????

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
All the Brits can complain about the jelly/jam thing all they like because I'm baffled over how they can call cookies biscuits.

And then they call biscuits muffins. How the hell is that a muffin. Then we had to invent the term English muffin for English-styled biscuits just to fix their glaring oversight.

:p
wait who calls biscuits muffins

this is a biscuit

1559633221663.png

this is a muffin

1559633191060.png

can't say i've ever heard anyone conflate the two

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If the goal is to expand to new fanbases, Resident Evil makes much more sense because of the way the series has been throughout its existence. Ace Attorney started on 3DS, and effectively goes against the idea of actually expanding the appeal of Smash. It's also a comparison of a titan sized, multi-media franchise compared to a far smaller multi-media series that has recognition of internet memery.

I think simply based on expanding the universes and bringing in a new crowd, there's more to gain from Resident Evil. However, if Resident Evil is the series to get a playable character, I think other Capcom series, such as Ace Attorney, should absolutely get Mii Fighter costumes if nothing else.

Not to mention, Resident Evil 4 was exclusive originally to the Gamecube and was a massive, massive draw. Then you have the fact that Resident Evil got a remake exclusively on the Gamecube as well (at least for a time). Then you have the Revelations games that originated on the 3DS and Wii U. There are plenty of Nintendo connections with Resident Evil but probably not as much as Ace Attorney.

But like I said, I think the "connection to Nintendo" will hurt series more than help if the vision is to expand the fanbases involved.
Ace Attorney started on 3DS
I don't know if someone's fact checked you, but actually Ace Attorney started on the Gameboy Advanced. The first game released in 2001. The series has also always been exclusive to Nintendo outside of remakes and ports. New releases hit Nintendo consoles first before any other system.

If you're going to try to discredit Phoenix Wright, at least get your facts straight.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don't know if someone's fact checked you, but actually Ace Attorney started on the Gameboy Advanced. The first game released in 2001.

If you're going to try to discredit Phoenix Wright, at least get your facts straight.
avi_at_the_movies_playing.png

Really.

I broke out the popcorn for three sentences?

[EDIT]: Now it's five.

Come on, I brought a soda and everything.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know if someone's fact checked you, but actually Ace Attorney started on the Gameboy Advanced. The first game released in 2001. The series has also always been exclusive to Nintendo outside of remakes and ports. New releases always hit Nintendo consoles first.

Not using this gif with your post:
1559634302952.gif

For shame

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Not using this gif with your post:
View attachment 225779

For shame
your honor, the witness's testimony is bogus

the ace attorney series's first game on 3DS only came out in 2013, and was the fifth numbered entry in a seven-part series!

therefore, it would be impossible to assert that the franchise started on 3DS, no matter what angle you take!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
All the Brits can complain about the jelly/jam thing all they like because I'm baffled over how they can call cookies biscuits.

And then they call biscuits muffins. How the hell is that a muffin. Then we had to invent the term English muffin for English-styled biscuits just to fix their glaring oversight.

These things?

They call them muffins. From what I've just looked up and been disgusted by, biscuit means something like a scone in North America.

Like wtf, it wasn't enough to change spelling of things, US English had to completely change the meaning of Jam, Biscuit and Cookies. It's like it was designed to **** up morning and afternoon tea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom