• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All the Brits can complain about the jelly/jam thing all they like because I'm baffled over how they can call cookies biscuits.

And then they call biscuits muffins. How the hell is that a muffin. Then we had to invent the term English muffin for English-styled biscuits just to fix their glaring oversight.

:p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
what's your favorite content creator/streamer/tweeter/whatever, internet personality

yes, you, the person reading this, this question is for you
The one I've been watching the most right now is FUgameCrue. Good opinions, well written rants and news, likable guys, and hilarious presentation.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why are you looking at videogame threads on /v/?

The best threads are the thinly veiled Junji Ito threads, anime threads in general and animal thread.
To be completely honest I browse /v/ for the lols, as well as potential leaks. Right about now idk that I expect a Smash leak, but I can at least be surprised if one does show up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So after much consultation from friends, I decided to skip Devil May Cry 2. One of my friends is upset that I skipped it, but simply because I can’t say I have played them all. I will probably play it at some point but want the experience of enjoying the series.

I can already tell how much better 3 is from 1. I also love Dante as a character now, and Devil May Cry is just so...goofy. It’s hysterical honestly.

I’d be down for Dante in Smash. I just think a different series will get in before him from Capcom.
I really can't decide who should be the next Capcom rep. Like, RE is their third staple series, but Ace Attorney has been more significant to Nintendo.

Anyway, I finally finished that fat witch's quizz, now I have to sit through the credits before I can play the final boss. Which is really mega hard. Wish me luck!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I really can't decide who should be the next Capcom rep. Like, RE is their third staple series, but Ace Attorney has been more significant to Nintendo.

Anyway, I finally finished that fat witch's quizz, now I have to sit through the credits before I can play the final boss. Which is really mega hard. Wish me luck!
If the goal is to expand to new fanbases, Resident Evil makes much more sense because of the way the series has been throughout its existence. Ace Attorney started on 3DS, and effectively goes against the idea of actually expanding the appeal of Smash. It's also a comparison of a titan sized, multi-media franchise compared to a far smaller multi-media series that has recognition of internet memery.

I think simply based on expanding the universes and bringing in a new crowd, there's more to gain from Resident Evil. However, if Resident Evil is the series to get a playable character, I think other Capcom series, such as Ace Attorney, should absolutely get Mii Fighter costumes if nothing else.

Not to mention, Resident Evil 4 was exclusive originally to the Gamecube and was a massive, massive draw. Then you have the fact that Resident Evil got a remake exclusively on the Gamecube as well (at least for a time). Then you have the Revelations games that originated on the 3DS and Wii U. There are plenty of Nintendo connections with Resident Evil but probably not as much as Ace Attorney.

But like I said, I think the "connection to Nintendo" will hurt series more than help if the vision is to expand the fanbases involved.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ill be excited because my bby praline praline will be excited and Being excited for someone being excited is exciting. Also helps im pretty excited for Erdrick too
Hell yeah Erdrick would be amazing, i’ll cry if he’s revealed.

Also yeah I’m back... and i’ll probably stick around until you stop coming here Obobo. :grin:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Shouldn't we be expecting E3 leaks right around now?
Since we're less than a week away from e3, I hope everyone threads lightly around and doesn't believe the leaks that might pop up, even ones that are well made. There might be some real ones at some point but even sabi said it'd be like a day before that they'd know some stuff.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
And I hope no one posts any of what PolarPanda says the day before Nintendo's general Direct.

D

Deleted member

Aww so no one wants to see the leak I found?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Been looking at Pokémon Sword and Shield rumors while waiting for that Direct.

Don't believe any of them so far.

D

Deleted member

RONALD REAGAN'S GHOST IS HAUNTING ME!
WHAT DO I DO?
EITHER WAY...
I HAVE A MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE:
its that person.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Shut up, Meg.

Silence, Megan.

I, Peter Griffin, command you to cease any and all vocal functions immediately, Megatron Griffin.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It'll be interesting to see what the fanbase reaction will be if it turns out that the Dragon Quest pick isn't "Erdrick" as we were expecting, but rather the Luminary from Dragon Quest XI. I could totally see it happening, but who knows?
-
I was thinking of something though, and I think it makes sense. You know how the original opening movie for Smash 64 made it seem like the Smash characters were action figures? What if we based the inclusion of certain characters on an action figure pack, with particular accessories that would represent their abilities or weapons they would use?

Like, Joker would be a bigger action pack, with an Arsene figure to come with him. He'd come with the mask (removable!), his dagger, Eiha projectile piece, and his hookshot.

Ike would be a tad tougher, but would come with Ragnell, his blue flames, but come with jumping and swinging action!

Luigi could come with green fireballs, and the Poltergust 5000. Mario with a red fireball, cape, and Cappy.

I could go on, but it's such a cool concept. Makes me kinda wish it was a thing...but then I'd really end up broke.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

THE GOVERNMENT IS ONTO ME!
shiny 4.PNG

THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON! THEY KNOW ALL OF MY YELLINGS AND RAMBLINGS!
HELP ME!

Noipoi

Howdy!
It'll be interesting to see what the fanbase reaction will be if it turns out that the Dragon Quest pick isn't the "Erdrick" we were expecting, but rather the Luminary from Dragon Quest XI. It makes just as much sense for reasons I can't properly disclose because of spoilers and because I'm not knowledgeable enough, but I could see it happen.
-
I was thinking of something though, and I think it makes sense. You know how the original opening movie for Smash 64 made it seem like the Smash characters were action figures? What if we based the inclusion of certain characters on an action figure pack, with particular accessories that would represent their abilities or weapons they would use?

Like, Joker would be a bigger action pack, with an Arsene figure to come with him. He'd come with the mask (removable!), his dagger, Eiha projectile piece, and his hookshot.

Ike would be a tad tougher, but would come with Ragnell, his blue flames, but come with jumping and swinging action!

Luigi could come with green fireballs, and the Poltergust 5000. Mario with a red fireball, cape, and Cappy.

I could go on, but it's such a cool concept. Makes me kinda wish it was a thing...but then I'd really end up broke.
Incineroar figure, with real crotch fire action!

D

Deleted member

It'll be interesting to see what the fanbase reaction will be if it turns out that the Dragon Quest pick isn't the "Erdrick" we were expecting, but rather the Luminary from Dragon Quest XI. It makes just as much sense for reasons I can't properly disclose because of spoilers and because I'm not knowledgeable enough, but I could see it happen.
-

Jones, buddy.
Help me.
Please.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
> goes back onto /v/
> more threads about Erdrick and Smash
> yet again
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.58.32 PM.png

The Piranha Plant poster strikes again! Losing my mind all over again!

EDIT: @ShinyLegendary how can I help? If it's something you'd rather not disclose here, send me a message. I'd be happy to help!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It'll be interesting to see what the fanbase reaction will be if it turns out that the Dragon Quest pick isn't the "Erdrick" we were expecting, but rather - It makes just as much sense for reasons I can't properly disclose because of spoilers and because I'm not knowledgeable enough, but I could see it happen.
-

PLEASE put that first sentence in a spoiler. Even if it's vague I think it's best to leave it completely out.
That aside though, this is something that has been on the back of my mind for a very long time. DQ3's protagonist being named Erdrick is a spoiler (but it's so widely spread at this point that no one really considers it as such, sadly. Playing the original DQ trilogy blind is an amazing experience), and he's almost never canonically referred to directly as such.
I think the reason they're associated so often is that even before this, the DQ fanbase would commonly refer to him as such, and Google Images shows them as the first result for "dragon quest erdrick".
That being said I still think that DQ3's protagonist is a very sensible and likely choice to represent the series as a whole - he would likely just not be named Erdrick in game, maybe something else like Dragon Warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom