• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So where do we stand with Hero right now? Still a July release, or August?

I think it's possible we could see him this Friday or next Wednesday (Joker was released on a Wednesday). Overall though, I'm starting to feel like an August reveal is more likely.
I still believe in July. But I’m starting to have my doubts.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I think it's possible we could see him this Friday or next Wednesday (Joker was released on a Wednesday). Overall though, I'm starting to feel like an August reveal is more likely.
I think it's gonna happen by EVO.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah EVO is probably gonna be where it’s gonna happen

It’ll end with something like “oh by the way, the Hero drops today” or something

D

Deleted member

I was hoping Hero would come out before I die of old age but I'm starting to grow skeptical of that being in the realm of possibility.
For real though probably the week after next

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I’m also showing her the Pokémon anime

She’s starting to remember Pokémon names

It’s working
Yes corrupt her mind with nerdery
Initiate her into the cult that is known as gamerplatiniumbro my brother
She will soon be antisocial and will be able to recite every nintendo console in order

(We at the cult gamerplatiniumbro are not responsible for any unforseen consequences that come with becoming a gamer such as ,lack of social life,lack of professional life,lack of life,Aversion to sunlight, and good ol depression)

All will be nerdified soon my brothers and sisters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yes corrupt her mind with nerdery
Initiate her into the cult that is known as gamerplatiniumbro my brother
She will soon be antisocial and will be able to recite every nintendo console in order

(We at the cult gamerplatiniumbro are not responsible for any unforseen consequences that come with becoming a gamer such as ,lack of social life,lack of professional life,lack of life,Aversion to sunlight, and good ol depression)

All will be nerdified soon my brothers and sisters
At the moment I’m broke AF, and I live in a real ****ty area. As does she.

I find that because I stayed inside playing video games instead of getting into trouble, I turned out okay.

So I guess I’m trying to get her into nerdy crap early, to keep her out of trouble.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

The Japanese 7/11 ad coupled with comments from the Sabi discord have me convinced it won't be as soon as we'd like. Granted, I'm just tired of "when's Hero?" posts on every tweet/video from Nintendo than those with the genuine desire to not be kept in the dark/want off of Mr. Sakurai's wild speculah ride.

I am fine with either, as I get a few weeks off once this semester ends (summer classes ending on August 1st), though it'll sting if every team I voted for in the poll ends up being the "loser."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Early August seems most likely to me. Not much reason to change the video at this point unless they actually said something wrong to begin with. Mind you, they could've just as easily gave more information than they meant to.

I was never under the impression it was an obvious July release even with the video. Sometimes it's the literal answer of Summer. Which is what it says on the tin.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've had a long day at work - my shifts were short, but there were three of them, so it was a lot of going back and forth between different businesses. Still. I like my jobs (even if teaching can get a little frustrating at times), I helped a student complete and edit an assignment for a summer course, and I picked up Bravely Default for $30, so I'd say it went well. (my RPG backlog is pretty big as is, but I have no willpower when it comes to games if I'm worried that they'll be difficult to find later)

I think I'm going to relax and play some Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 tonight. I don't know how long it's going to take, but considering that the heroes have two Infinity Stones already, and going by my assumption that the plot consists of:
-get all six Infinity Stones
-Thanos takes all six Infinity Stones
-fight Thanos
I can't think it would be TOO long.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all wuzzup my homies. Have I been missing much both Smash and other things related?

Had a pretty productive day to say the least. Went to see my new therapist who has helped lots in dealing with my obsessive compulsive thoughts then took my dogs to the creek (My dad was gonna come home and we'd do it together but then he had to stay late) and decided so we can do something together tomorrow that I decided to finish up my Fast and Furious Marathon with the current final film The Fate of the Furious.

It was one hella of a ride and while I'm sad my marathon is over. I'm never the less ready for next week as I buckle up again and go riding again with Hobbs & Shaw next week. Already got two tickets today for my dad and I for a screening next Thursday at 7:30. Can't wait!!!! :shades:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also given I've finally seen all eight films now and caught up this is how I'd rank them IMO.

1. The Fate of the Furious
2. Furious 7
3. Fast Five
4. Tokyo Drift
5. 2 Fast 2 Furious
6. Fast & Furious 6
7. The Fast and the Furious
8. Fast & Furious

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I got back from camping earlier today, and I still can't believe they haven't released Hero yet.

Based on what Sabi said I'm not sure what to think. Granted, I think the pacing is a bit off. But I think it's also just that I want to play the damn character already. I haven't played Smash in awhile, and the reason for that is mostly that I want to get stuff played before I have a reason to play Smash.

I don't know, it'd just be nice to get some information on what we're getting.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
dude it came out in like 2014 how is it only 10 dollars down the og price
I thought the price was pretty good, but then again, I assumed that it was originally $50 or $60.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey y'all wuzzup my homies. Have I been missing much both Smash and other things related?

Had a pretty productive day to say the least. Went to see my new therapist who has helped lots in dealing with my obsessive compulsive thoughts then took my dogs to the creek (My dad was gonna come home and we'd do it together but then he had to stay late) and decided so we can do something together tomorrow that I decided to finish up my Fast and Furious Marathon with the current final film The Fate of the Furious.

It was one hella of a ride and while I'm sad my marathon is over. I'm never the less ready for next week as I buckle up again and go riding again with Hobbs & Shaw next week. Already got two tickets today for my dad and I for a screening next Thursday at 7:30. Can't wait!!!! :shades:
Sounds like a productive day. Glad to hear that your therapy sessions are going well as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sounds like a productive day. Glad to hear that your therapy sessions are going well as well.
Thanks. I've been doing much better then before as I found the issue that I just need to get out more which I've been doing. Helps now that Summer is here and been doing more outdoor activities. :)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Allister is awesome, but Bea is Bae.

I’ve never had this tough a time picking between versions.
I'd just pick the one you planned on getting at E3 and stick with that. You could go back and forth forever as more info gets revealed.

Or just pick Sword because Zacian.

I got back from camping earlier today, and I still can't believe they haven't released Hero yet.

Based on what Sabi said I'm not sure what to think. Granted, I think the pacing is a bit off. But I think it's also just that I want to play the damn character already. I haven't played Smash in awhile, and the reason for that is mostly that I want to get stuff played before I have a reason to play Smash.

I don't know, it'd just be nice to get some information on what we're getting.
The problem is that we're creating a timeline based off of the February date.

Nintendo said summer, and that includes all of August and most of September. Let's just assume the worst and expect Hero to drop in September. I highly doubt that's gonna be the case, but I'd rather play it safe than to end up being disappointed.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Kind of wish we just got a release date at this point. We do not always need to be surprised.

Well hopefully it happens during my vacation next week at least.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I thought the price was pretty good, but then again, I assumed that it was originally $50 or $60.
3DS games have always been in the 40 dollar price range

i can't think of a single 3DS game that's even gone beyond that

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
RWBY's 3rd volume was crazy. I can't wait to see what the next several have in store. I'm gonna continue my binge-watch of it tonight. Hoping to be caught up before the next one releases.

As far as Smash goes, I'm honestly still not very excited for Hero, so the wait isn't hurting me whatsoever. I still find it odd that we don't have any confirmation of the release date, but it's no big deal for me on a personal level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom