• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
A Cross remake would low-key be fantastic, actually. Like, a revisit that addresses some of the plot-holes and reworking it to better match the sequel to Trigger that it tries to be would make it better than it already is. The world of Cross is so fascinating and the battle system and music are so good, it just suffers from the lack of a focused main cast of party members and and not giving enough info on the parts of the plot that actually matter.

Also, the ending. Gosh, the ending is probably the worst part about the whole game: It's so dissatisfying to me. The final boss is so dull, and the way you are supposed to kill it is waaaaaay to vague when not using a guide. Cross is a game I honest to goodness think is great, but hoo boy does it have a lot more rough spots than Trigger did. Didn't age nearly as well either.
If only there was an interquel to help tie stuff up

Wait there was a fangame but it was given The Copystrike™ by Square.

I'm more for a port like the PS1 FF's with upscaling and speed mode. Throw in Vagrant Story and Xenogears too for it.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
View attachment 263789

Just came to bless the thread with this gem. IDW Silver is the best.
What is this? A Silver expression FOR ANTS?

Here’s a what if prompt for you. What if the N64 had used CD-ROMs instead of cartridges? Would we even HAVE non Nintendo consoles at that point?
I'm sure we'd still have Playstation and Xbox. even if the N64 used discs, it and the PS1 still had different niches.

Although, I think Square would have stuck with Nintendo in that timeline, or they would have released multiplats.

The real question is how the gaming landscape would be different today if the SNES Playstation had actually been released, Sony likely never would have branched off into their own market, the PS2 never would have killed the Dreamcast (I assume Sega consoles would still exist today), and the Xbox wouldn't be filling the hole left by the Dreamcast. Would Xbox even exist? I certainly don't think its' controller would look anything like it does today. I actually think Microsoft would have partnered with Sega to create interfaces for consoles and today we would either have a 2 console market or a new one would have popped up at some point, maybe Konami would have given it another go.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm sure we'd still have Playstation and Xbox. even if the N64 used discs, it and the PS1 still had different niches.

Although, I think Square would have stuck with Nintendo in that timeline, or they would have released multiplats.

The real question is how the gaming landscape would be different today if the SNES Playstation had actually been released, Sony likely never would have branched off into their own market, the PS2 never would have killed the Dreamcast (I assume Sega consoles would still exist today), and the Xbox wouldn't be filling the hole left by the Dreamcast. Would Xbox even exist? I certainly don't think its' controller would look anything like it does today. I actually think Microsoft would have partnered with Sega to create interfaces for consoles and today we would either have a 2 console market or a new one would have popped up at some point, maybe Konami would have given it another go.
Sonic 06 wouldn’t exist.

And that’s not a world I wanna live in.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 263796

Okay Campers, I heard someone didn’t get in the robot. Not cool dudes...
Chris is hands down one of the greatest animated characters in tv.
Would now be a bad time to admit that I have no idea what Total Drama is?
It’s an animated survivor parody that nails almost everything in its first few seasons. The later started to decline but had some good moments.

It was a huge cartoonetwork show. So big that they rebooted it last year but with everyone as babies. A pretty meta and funny concept considering the original mocked these insane show concepts.
And it apparently does really well as a spinoff

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
probably. Sony would still have the more mature marketing angle, as well as exclusives like Crash, Parrpa, and Tomb Raider (the more intense competition might even lead to more). It would definitly be more close, Nintendo might win a few generations, and Nintendo consoles wouldn't have the gimmicks they have now (which is a shame, I can barely imagine a system that's completely tv-locked).
You know Nintendo would still be gimmicky. It’s just this primal urge they have.

I like to imagine in that timeline SNK or maybe Atari stayed in hardware and they cater exclusively to the hardcore super competitive peeps. The kind of people who could play for hours on an arcade machine with a single quarter.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
probably. Sony would still have the more mature marketing angle, as well as exclusives like Crash, Parrpa, and Tomb Raider (the more intense competition might even lead to more). It would definitly be more close, Nintendo might win a few generations, and Nintendo consoles wouldn't have the gimmicks they have now (which is a shame, I can barely imagine a system that's completely tv-locked).
I think a couple Tomb Raider games were also on Sega Saturn as well.

So the Samurai Jack game is made by a studio with people who once worked on the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series.

Goody.
Interesting. I hope Jack somehow gets an Izuna Drop. I don't think we've seen many Samurai do it. But he's trained with Ninja before. That and NG games are pretty good, if not hard as hell. I hope this bodes well for Samurai Jack.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So forgot to ask as I haven't been active the past few days but how's everyone doing?!

Edit: Man having ****ty luck today for me.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Started my run on Nightmare for MUA3. Got to Shadowland. So far it's definitely interesting. The new effects on enemies makes the playthrough feel a bit more fresh. Although **** those dudes that explode when you K.O them.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Can anyone recommend me some DS games? I decided to make a list out of what I want to purchase in the future.

So far:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Can anyone recommend me some DS games? I decided to make a list out of what I want to purchase in the future.

So far:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon HG/SS
Pokemon B/W
Pokemon B/W 2
Sonic Colors (Mostly so my list isn't just Pokemon)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

So far:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS
If you like Platfomers, I would also suggest Super Princess Peach and Castlevania Oder of Occlesia. Can't go wrong with Kirby Squeak Squad either. Then there's Spider-Man Web of Shadows and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions that have DS versions, they play like Metroidvanias. If you're willing to try more Action RPGs, the Mega Man Starforce Trilogy. MMBN5 got a deluxe version on DS as well. Contra 4 is also on DS. For fighting games, there's DBZ Supersonic Warriors 2. If you're willing to import Jump Ultimate Stars is pretty great, and honestly the best Smash clone if you ask me.

There's also Mega Man ZX and ZXA, but those are on Switch now along with the MMZ GBA titles.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

So far:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS(honestly a pretty goo game, if you don't have it already).
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver

That's all I can think of since the users before me covered some good ones.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No Direct announcement I take it? Still got a few hours left if not Wednesday's our last chance until we can probably conclude were not getting one until April if we take Amiibo Theory into account.

Slime Master

Smash Ace

So far:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS
Rocket Slime. Play Rocket Slime.
That goes to everyone else too

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

So far:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS
Bowser’s Inside Story
Sonic Rush
LOZ: Spirit Tracks
Kirby Squeak Squad
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Dutch Raikuna

So far:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS
Don't know about if you have a Switch or anything that you do have but here are a few of mine.

Pokemon Ranger Series - Would recommended 100% but I would go Shadows of Almia.
Final Fantasy IV DS
Kirby Canvas Curse - Play it man. It's the best Kirby game in my view.
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time - Best Mario RPG for me.
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Sonic Rush
Race Driver: Create & Race - The best racing game outside of Mario Kart on the DS.

You curious in any of these?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No Direct announcement I take it? Still got a few hours left if not Wednesday's our last chance until we can probably conclude were not getting one until April if we take Amiibo Theory into account.
No way we get it any later then March. April would be pointless at this point giving E3 around the corner

D

Deleted member

Welp lads, you might remember a game called Sticky Paws that me and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! are a part of. Well, me and the dev had a joke that Sticky was destined to be a FNAF character, and sense I can’t let jokes be jokes, I made it a legit thing. Ladies and gentlemen, I present, Withered Sticky. This bad boy took a total of 3 days to model, which I’m pretty happy with.

AndreaAC AndreaAC Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi @JDCabrera
41BDB98E-4EFE-4BCB-8B2B-5773DBB35550.jpeg
B43F6664-2650-40D2-B4F5-D9F1E8BB244F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Welp lads, you might remember a game called Sticky Paws that me and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! are a part of. Well, me and the dev had a joke that Sticky was destined to be a FNAF character, and sense I can’t let jokes be jokes, I made it a legit thing. Ladies and gentlemen, I present, Withered Sticky. This bad boy took a total of 3 days to model, which I’m pretty happy with.

AndreaAC AndreaAC Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi @JDCabrera
>2019

Hold up.

Dutch Raikuna

This gonna get buried but hey.
And now the day of my birth has begun.

In other words the day where I act subconsciously bipolar but being anti-social.
My profile pic sums it up quite nicely.
Edit: My best friend begged me to post this song on the forum since it shows my age.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This gonna get buried but hey.
And now the day of my birth has begun.

In other words the day where I act subconsciously bipolar but being anti-social.
My profile pic sums it up quite nicely.
Well happy Birthday fam.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright, here’s a quick posing and lighting test.
B54CAEB9-84D9-4386-B3B3-38927536C072.png

Since this guy has two different outfits, I figured it’d be good to draw his other one. I also fixed the obvious issue pointed out last time. I was gonna make his tail wag, but I couldn’t figure out how to make it look good, so I just decided against it. I’m going to look up some images I can use for reference later.

AndreaAC AndreaAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom