• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F congrats on the Cuphead costume! Looking forward to it, Byleth and the AC and Megaman.EXE costumes.

Overall, I loved everything revealed as someone who played Three Houses and liked the game. I wish we got Mii costumes of Anette and Claude doh.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like it’s fine to be upset, but for the love of god making nothing but salt and anger filled messages throughout the thread during the presentation isn’t going to change anything.

Let people enjoy it if they want too

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Until I see Pokémon SwSh spirits of all the starters, legends, and Toxtricity, I'm a little over 50% sure we're gonna get a Pokémon

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, who is fine with or upset that this is another Fire Emblem character that will be playable?

I know I am fine with this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I imagine some people are mad. Of the 4 options, Byleth was at least the most interesting from a gameplay perspective. That said, the Cuphead Mii costume does kind of slap, and it gives us on of the better themes from an all and all great soundtrack.

I'm only mildly dissapointed in MMX/MM.EXE getting Mii costume treatment again because I kind knew it was coming anyways. Not sure if it'll matter for Season 2 or not, but I'll still show my support for the characters I like cause there's no downside to it.

Speaking of Season 2, I guess there's gonna be 6 characters instead of 5. I wonder what other weird **** we'll see. Only time will tell.

I'm more shook that Assassin's Creed got a Mii costume, and it wasn't even Ezio.

D

Deleted member

There was only one problem with the presentation for me:

For some reason, it always kept getting frozen in my phone. So I had to change to my iPad to see it.

With that said, I need to ask if they revealed the release date for Byleth or the costumes.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Newcomer speculation thread probably salty as peck lol
Bach, I restrain meself to two different threads: this one and one for a character that would... not bode over well with some of the more "morally uptight" members of the fanbase. I wouldn't go near any of those peck-necks with a stick.
Now I’m goin back to bed.

I’ve got **** to do, don’t expect me back for a few months probably lmao

l8tr
It must be nice to not be an insomniac. I envy you, the wind outside kept me up all night, and now the hype inside me is driving me wide awake.

That, or my extremely sweet coffee.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well, I’m glad I went in with low expectations. Hopefully the next season will be less disappointing.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Well, I don't really have anything good to say
about Byleth, so I'm not gonna say anything about them at all.
But anyways, six more characters? That low-key sounds insane. But I'm here for it. The hype train truly never stops

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what was with all the arle stuff I wonder. Also I genuinely thought Daisy and Color theory would happen. Kinda of surprised

Anyway my bets for the next pass:

Travis, Geno, Rilaboom, Phoenix Wright, Arle, Master Chief

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Pretty happy. Only disappointment is that Byleth doesn't use their time powers in any way. Cuphead costume is great. Six characters for the next pass is great. I'm happy.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The rules we make up always get busted down by Sakurai. Next thing you know a spirit will be "upgraded"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lmao this is trending on Twitter:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
So, who is fine with or upset that this is another Fire Emblem character that will be playable?

I know I am fine with this.
I'm so excited that Byleth is in smash. While I wanted one of the house leaders in smash bros, I'm glad Sakurai incorporated other weapons into his moves. Plus we get Three Houses music which I love. So I can't complain =).

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Obligatory Fighter Pass opinions
:ultjoker: Hype: 3/5 Haven't played P5 but his reveal was a great surprise and similar to Cloud for "never gonna happen". Gameplay: 1/5 I suck with Joker.
:ulthero: Hype: 5/5 I really wanted another SE character and I got one. Gameplay: 3/5 Can be fun but I'm mixed on the RNG.
:ultbanjokazooie: Hype: 10/5 Holy **** is all I can say. Gameplay: 2/5 I'm not that good with them unfortunately.
:ult_terry: Hype: 5/5 Have a passing interest in KoF but I was so down for Terry. Gameplay: 10/5 Easily the most fun DLC character gameplay wise for me. BURN KNUCKLE! POWAH DUNK!
Byleth: 0/5 Yay for the 3H fans here though. I would have preferred any of the Mii costumes made a full character tbh (okay, maybe not Rabbid) Gameplay: ?/5. Gotta play them first.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I wasn’t looking forward to Byleth, but their moveset looks really cool, I’ll try to give him a shot next chance I get. And SIX DLC FIGHTERS?!?! I don’t think we’ll need another Smash game for a LOOOOOOOOONG time.
And here's a bit of brain food for you: if you take into consideration the datamine for the additional slots, we've got at least four more after that! Say it with me now:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
That leaves us with a major questions, however...

Was the Cacodemon & Mallow hat a fake leak? Today might have thrown a great big monkey wrench into that old bit.

Sheesh, I cannot English good in the morning...

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't understand people complaining about Byleth being "anti-climactic," it's not like Three Houses is a record breaking, award winning, powerhouse that was (and still is) hugely popular or anything.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Still no Geno costume as well. No SMRPG costumes in sight, actually.

We also know that by November, when this presentation was recorded, they've already decided on every Season 2 fighter...

Hmmmm... Big thunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom